Fresh Grabs

How does this sound? I was NOT happy with the recent AFD remaster.
I will be totally transparent here. It sounds great to me but I am in no way an audiophile, haven't got any sort of incredible set up its literally a 400 euro turntable with built in pre amp connected to 120 euro powered monitors. I usually stay busy in some way while playing whether be on here or cleaning up etc so I wouldn't be the best person to ask perhaps but I absolutely love it. Had majority of the tracks on albums already but this was too nice to pass up. Record store told me the pre order sold out almost instantly for it a while back so lucky I got in then as they only got 10 and won't get anymore 🙏

I will be totally transparent here. It sounds great to me but I am in no way an audiophile, haven't got any sort of incredible set up its literally a 400 euro turntable with built in pre amp connected to 120 euro powered monitors. I usually stay busy in some way while playing whether be on here or cleaning up etc so I wouldn't be the best person to ask perhaps but I absolutely love it. Had majority of the tracks on albums already but this was too nice to pass up. Record store told me the pre order sold out almost instantly for it a while back so lucky I got in then as they only got 10 and won't get anymore 🙏
Thanks for the review!

I've received the VMP records the other day, the Spiritualized album and the Steve & Teresa one. Looking forward to spin them the next days.

Also I've just received the Prince Super Deluxe Sign o the times box by JPC. Looks great from the outside, I'm very excited to explore it. 💜

View attachment 67603
WOW! You got the Prince super deluxe!!! 😍😵

I want to get it, but it’s soooooo expensive! AUD$649, I can’t afford that - but this Boxset looks amazing and contains so many Prince songs from the vault! Apparently the remaster sounds excellent! A must for any Prince Fan! But damn, that price tag! 🥵

WOW! You got the Prince super deluxe!!! 😍😵

I want to get it, but it’s soooooo expensive! AUD$649, I can’t afford that - but this Boxset looks amazing and contains so many Prince songs from the vault! Apparently the remaster sounds excellent! A must for any Prince Fan! But damn, that price tag! 🥵

It's really nice and what I've listened to so far sounds great. Yeah about 45 unreleased songs and they are so good. :)
Wow, that's very expensive. I've paid around Aud$ 430 (260€) over here. I wish you all the best luck that you can catch a nice copy somewhere. I have to get a bit on a vinyl diet the next weeks/ months, also with some trip coming up for me, well hopefully.

IMG_20200925_134038.jpg

A couple of interesting finds today, one (Szabo) an an estate sale, and the other at a thrift store. The Winehouse/Nas is kind of interesting in that it appears to be limited to 1000, and "unofficial" as evidenced by the fact it cannot be sold on discogs (though there is another version of it that is for sale). It's a 2LP, 2017 release.

Grabs925.jpg

It's really nice and what I've listened to so far sounds great. Yeah about 45 unreleased songs and they are so good. :)
Wow, that's very expensive. I've paid around Aud$ 430 (260€) over here. I wish you all the best luck that you can catch a nice copy somewhere. I have to get a bit on a vinyl diet the next weeks/ months, also with some trip coming up for me, well hopefully.

View attachment 67688
Absolutely amazing! I’m going to probably invest into a new cartridge/stylus or Record Cleaning Machine, so I’m going to have to pass on this Boxset!

But next year, I’ll be looking out for a copy for a decent price! I’d probably be happy to pay AUD$500! For this! It would be worth it for me at that price! Glad you got yourself the Boxset for a great price! 👏👏👏

View attachment 67688
I just checked and it’s AUD$425 on Amazon!!! Shipped from the U.S.! So tempting but I know I can’t spend that much! I’m going to try and sell some records and if it all goes well, the. I can purchase this Boxset before the end of the year! 🤗

Back