Fresh Grabs

Sooo, today was pretty great. A friend helped me acquire these. They were all purchased between Feb and July 2018 except two (Norah Jones, Grant Green) and after a bunch of delays spanning two years, i finally have them 😄

All the records plus a pack of inner sleeves i don't need anymore.

IMG_3611.jpeg

And almost as important as the records, especially for my OCD, is a slipcover for my naked Black Panther blu-ray. Seeing that slipless blu-ray amongst all the other MCU blu-rays has really been bothering me for the past two years.

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpegIMG_3609.jpeg

Did anybody else receive the 2 new Kikaguko Moyo reissues? Mine just came this week and Stone Flowers sounds AWFUL. Like worst record it my collection BAD.

My Stone Garden was good. Very minor surface noise in a few spots. Playing Clouds now. Side 1 No issues. Sounds and looks great. Sorry u have problems.

I was just getting ready to go to bed because I woke up at 2am for the VMP Wednesday drops and haven’t slept since! But then as I got comfortable, the delivery guy knocked on the door and delivered these two gems! Now I’m gonna blast Vroom Vroom and full on dance-moshpit in my room! 🤪😈🤟🥊🚔😜

View attachment 66511
OMFGGGG YAAAAAAS BITCHES! The Charli XCX sounds so fucking good! This is the best EP to let your inner slut out, and just be silly, cute and sexy! FEELING AS FIERCE AS A DIVA KAREN RIGHT NOW! 🔥🔥🔥

Not necessarily a fresh grab but about to crack open the first from the pile of unopened VMP records I found stashed away at the back off a shelf.
View attachment 66525
This is great. Kicking myself for leaving it unplayed for years. Not really my wheelhouse but my collection could definitely do with more than this and Metamorphisis

Adding a few more Tone Poets and BN80s thanks to the Dodax Price tracking Mafia. These series are so good I'm pretty much going into all of these blind now, as long as they get to a good price I'm willing to just buy :
IMG_20200917_192110.jpg
IMG_20200917_192127.jpg

Also expanding the International Anthem collection thanks to discounts from HHV. Their exclusive of Jeff Parker's New Breed, Alabaster Deplume's great album.

IMG_20200917_192208.jpg

Finally I've been really into Phoniks and his collaborations since @BazookaTooth recommend him to me. It's exactly the hip hop sound I dig.

Also happy to let nostalgia play a role in the Dashboard Confessional purchase. I wasn't expecting much as usually pressings from this subgenre aren't much, but they've done a good job with this. The record sounds great!
IMG_20200917_192227.jpg

Curious about your impression of the new Lanegan once you’ve had a chance to listen.
I streamed it quite a bit over the summer and I like it. More of a stripped down feel, like his 90s Sub Pop records. I don't recommend you listen to it while reading his memoirs or you will want to kill yourself or get in a fight.

I streamed it quite a bit over the summer and I like it. More of a stripped down feel, like his 90s Sub Pop records. I don't recommend you listen to it while reading his memoirs or you will want to kill yourself or get in a fight.
His past is definitely "checkered," as the kids say. I get what you're saying -- I've steered clear of his book so I don't feel bad about listening to his music.

Wipers ‎– Is This Real?
Alfredo Linares Y Su Sonora ‎– Yo Traigo Boogaloo

My final two August RSD shipments. A big thanks to @Sonicpharmacist for the Wipers hook-up -- what an awesome guy. I told him the 7-inch in this package was worth the price alone. So great to hear it.

Yo Traigo Boogaloo definitely lived up to (exceeded?) expectations. Just a really fun, catchy, rowdy record that I've wanted a copy of for a long time. @Ericj32 and I are damn happy to have landed copies thanks to the alerts from @MikeH and @scotthilk. I had no luck finding it in stock anywhere on my own. Maybe more copies will hit the market during the upcoming RSD dates but it was difficult to track down. There's one reasonably priced US-based copy for sale on Discogs right now and a Canadian dude asking $500 for his copy, and that's it.

IMG_5237.jpg

Master Boot Record ‎– Virtuaverse.OST
Master Boot Record ‎– Virus.DOS

Discogs describers Master Boot Record as an "avantgarde electronic project from Rome, Italy." Allmusic describes the music as "cryptic chiptune and classical-influenced synth-metal from Italy." Master Boot Record's Bandcamp profile describes it as "486DX-33MHz-64MB processing avant-garde chiptune, synthesized heavy metal & classical symphonic music: 100% Synthesized, 100% Dehumanized." Okay! I describe it as freaking awesome, riff-tastic synthwave. Definitely evocative of Perturbator, etc.

Virtuaverse.OST was released earlier this year as a video game soundtrack, although it wouldn't surprise me if the video game was written for the soundtrack and not vice versa. It's an electronic wall of brutal, endlessly catchy riffs, propelling rhythms and neon nostalgia. It will definitely make my list of 2020 favorites. Blood Music did small vinyl runs of these titles and I pounced on them but they tend to cycle reissues and new variants so keep your eyes peeled if they're something you want to grab.

IMG_5239.jpg

Back