Fresh Grabs

Boom Shakalaka Fresh Grabs
613A92E0-3063-437C-8C05-4E2FBCB2CE47.jpeg
Belle & Sebastian - The Boy With The Arab Strap
Caesar Frazier - Hail Ceasar!
Sam Gendel & Sam Wilkes - Music For Saxofone & Bass Guitar
Fiona Apple - When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Buena Vista Social Club - Bueno Vista Social Club
E501AD2F-13CF-4D6D-B072-2271AE93B6ED.jpeg
Beat Happening - We Are The Beat Happening
The Glands - I Can See My House From Here

First off a big thanks to @dansomeone and @Crabbers for the PIF’s that Arrived safe and sound today. Also a big thanks to @MikeH for turning me on to the Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes LP. I love it though it had a nasty seam split but they are supposed to be sending a replacement thankfully.

I also got some VMP goodness today both Fiona’s and BVSC.

and then for the big ticket items, I am really stoked to add both The Beat Happening and The Glands discographies to my collection and look forward to working my way through these sets in the near future.

Last edited:
View attachment 61291
Fiona Apple - When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right
View attachment 61292

First off a big thanks to @dansomeone and @Crabbers for the PIF’s that Arrived sage and sound today. Also a big thanks to @MikeH for turning me on to the Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes LP. I love it though it had a nasty seam split but they are supposed to be sending a replacement thankfully.

and then for the big ticket items, I am really Stoked to add both The Beat Happening and The Glands discographies added to my collection and look forward to working my way through both of these sets in the near future.
Awesome! I just got my Gendel album too and all was okay with mine. Just haven’t had a chance to spin it yet. You reminded me to check out that Blake Mills album so it was only fair that I repaid you with a suggestion haha

View attachment 61291
View attachment 61292

First off a big thanks to @dansomeone and @Crabbers for the PIF’s that Arrived sage and sound today. Also a big thanks to @MikeH for turning me on to the Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes LP. I love it though it had a nasty seam split but they are supposed to be sending a replacement thankfully.

and then for the big ticket items, I am really Stoked to add both The Beat Happening and The Glands discographies added to my collection and look forward to working my way through both of these sets in the near future.

I keep banging the drum for this record but check out Gendel’s 2020 release Satin Doll as well.

Ebo Taylor, Pat Thomas & Uhuru Yenzu - Hitsville Revisited
Pat Thomas - Wednesday at Tip Toe
Abel Lima - Africa Boum
Franco - L'Afrique Danse No 6
Camayenne Sofa - Attaque
Sagbohan Danialou - Bio-guerra

Another fantastic haul from Superfly. Top of the shop is the OG of Hitsville Revisited. It was dirt cheap (like a tenth of the max Discogs price) and it's in amazing condition - it sounds so much better than the Mr Bongo reissue. The Pat Thomas is one of the harder-to-find albums from the Ghanaian singer even if it gets mixed reviews. I'm v excited to check out Abel Lima from Cabo Verde - only got one of his albums so far. Franco is Mr Consistent and again this seems one of the rarer ones by the Congolese guitarist. And one each from Guinea and Benin to round out my collections of them. Happy days.

20200814_091442.jpg

20200814_091429.jpg

I've been extremely blessed here folks. How this made it from the US of A to Ireland in a Bubble Mailer completely intact not marked i will never know but i may have to sacrifice a goat to the vinyl gods perhaps. Thank you 🙏

Signed By Freddie Gibbs
View attachment 61524View attachment 61525

Who the hell sent a record in a bubble envelope from the USA? That is insane, even more insane that it arrived to you in one piece.

Who the hell sent a record in a bubble envelope from the USA? That is insane, even more insane that it arrived to you in one piece.
Freddie Friggin Gibbs did 😢 couple of folks on here werent so lucky. Granted I havent seen a broken vinyl yet...but their signed artwork was dinged up and creased. I've seen some on IG and Ebay too all creased. Crazy

Back