Fresh Grabs

Some great used stuff today. Sorry about glare. At work. All vinyl looks to be pretty much NM- but will have to spin it.

1D1F6718-6177-4502-8AE4-D14F6A9C0232.jpeg

Camel - I Can See You From Here. 1979 German Pressing

Deep Purple - Book of Taliesyn. 1968 US Monarch pressing

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon. 1979 UK pressing

Taste - Taste. 1969 UK pressing. A2/B1 stampers in super nice shape. Early Rory Gallagher.

F10E1149-2047-439D-9364-3D6EF2AD8FEF.jpeg

Humble Pie - As Safe as Yesterday Is. US OG pressing

Beatles - Abbie Road. ‘79 Mo-Fi. Fans are divided on this version. Have several other US pressings but if anyone has a UK 1st press to send my way I would be glad to toss out my opinion on how Mo-Fi messed it up. :)

Van Morrison- Poetic Champions Compose. 1987 US pressing.

A couple of boxes arrived today, a great couple of blue note related releases and a chunky VMP box.

Ike Quebec - The Complete Blue Note 45 Sessions Of Ike Quebec (Mosaic Records, 1987 Limited Box Set Pressing)
Wayne Shorter ‎– Schizophrenia (Blue Note, 1969 First Pressing)

Although its not the rarest, Schizophrenia has alluded me so many times. From last minute losses on ebay, to it being sold out as I was filling out payment details, it just slips past me everytime. Im thrilled to finally have a copy, next up on my Shorter want list is Speak No Evil, another that I have lost out on many times. The Ike Quebec 45's might just be some of his greatest music, and this Mosiac box compiles them all.
IMG_1211.JPG

Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Prince Will Come (Columbia, 2017 Analogue Productions Pressing)
Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club (World Circuit, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)
Bar-Kays - Money Talks (Stax, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Oliver Nelson ‎– Skull Session (Flying Dutchman/Tidal Waves Music, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Fiona Apple - When The Pawn (Epic, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters (Epic, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Chet Baker Trio - Mr. B (Timeless Records/Tidal Waves Music, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A chunky package from VMP today. As mentioned on the Store thread, I have only opened the Oliver Nelson to check the colour (not as per the description but not as bad as it could have been). Im super excited to listen to these though, my favourite vmp box in a while (and god knows there's been a few).
IMG_1210.JPG

A couple of boxes arrived today, a great couple of blue note related releases and a chunky VMP box.

Ike Quebec - The Complete Blue Note 45 Sessions Of Ike Quebec (Mosaic Records, 1987 Limited Box Set Pressing)
Wayne Shorter ‎– Schizophrenia (Blue Note, 1969 First Pressing)

Although its not the rarest, Schizophrenia has alluded me so many times. From last minute losses on ebay, to it being sold out as I was filling out payment details, it just slips past me everytime. Im thrilled to finally have a copy, next up on my Shorter want list is Speak No Evil, another that I have lost out on many times. The Ike Quebec 45's might just be some of his greatest music, and this Mosiac box compiles them all.
View attachment 61970

Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Prince Will Come (Columbia, 2017 Analogue Productions Pressing)
Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club (World Circuit, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)
Bar-Kays - Money Talks (Stax, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Oliver Nelson ‎– Skull Session (Flying Dutchman/Tidal Waves Music, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Fiona Apple - When The Pawn (Epic, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters (Epic, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)
Chet Baker Trio - Mr. B (Timeless Records/Tidal Waves Music, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

A chunky package from VMP today. As mentioned on the Store thread, I have only opened the Oliver Nelson to check the colour (not as per the description but not as bad as it could have been). Im super excited to listen to these though, my favourite vmp box in a while (and god knows there's been a few).
View attachment 61971
Never seen that Quebec set before. What would you say is a fair price for it now that you've given it a listen?

Never seen that Quebec set before. What would you say is a fair price for it now that you've given it a listen?
Its a really good looking 3lp set. I have a few Mosiac's now and I'm always impressed with the audio quality, and the high-quality booklet. Its averaging at around the £90 mark on Discogs, which to be honest is the going rate for most Mosaics (there are of course much pricier ones). If you can find a decent set for less then that, then it's likely to be a good deal.

I personally think the 45's releases are amongst his best recordings, so to have the chance to have them all in LP format is great. There's a full playlist on youtube which I have been streaming a lot (it led me to get this box actually).

Not much the last week or so but this week has been big mail days.

B6C26C43-520E-45C1-AE53-4675075C68B7.jpeg

Right top is Ill Considered - IX

Left Top a Used 1975 US Jeff Beck 2 album repress.

Staying with JB....Bottom right used US original pressing of Blow By Blow (replacement for my original that somehow disappeared a few yrs back with a few other classic albums. Grrr)

Bottom Left is an 2015 AP 45rpm 2lp Test Press of Blow by Blow. Looks unplayed.

B9769F7C-B720-4088-904F-C718A9E0E8F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Its a really good looking 3lp set. I have a few Mosiac's now and I'm always impressed with the audio quality, and the high-quality booklet. Its averaging at around the £90 mark on Discogs, which to be honest is the going rate for most Mosaics (there are of course much pricier ones). If you can find a decent set for less then that, then it's likely to be a good deal.

I personally think the 45's releases are amongst his best recordings, so to have the chance to have them all in LP format is great. There's a full playlist on youtube which I have been streaming a lot (it led me to get this box actually).
I'll check out the youtube stuff. Thanks!

Back