Fresh Grabs

Today was a discount day after a long drive to the Bull Moose flagship. Finally snagged a few bargain bin retro releases I had been keeping an eye out for and the Kendrick was a must grab at the value. Lone Bellow was a cheap get online. The Marina was an impulse grab at B and N as I haven't seen a copy in a while...anywhere really. It's a weird disappearance.

IMG_20200814_192421.jpg
IMG_20200814_192524.jpg

The Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals (Fantasy, 1956 First Mono Pressing on Red Translucent Vinyl)
Art Pepper - The Complete Pacific Jazz Small Group Recordings Of Art Pepper (Mosaic, 1983 First Box Set Pressing)
Ill Considered - 9 - East / West (Ill Considered Music, 2020 First Pressing Limited to 300 Copies)
Pokus - S/T (Ill Considered Music, 2020 First Pressing Limited to 300 Copies)
Jazz Life by William Claxton

A nice collection which arrived over the past couple of days. The Art Pepper box is one that I have been very excited about. I've been a massive fan of Art Pepper's sound for a long while and was looking for this box set for ages. The Ill Considered and Pokus are limited to 300 and I believe they might have sold out now? They look to be decent pressings, and the label have changed manufacturer due to past issues, so this should be good. The Brubeck was a cheap pick up and features Ron Crotty and Cal Tjader. I have been looking for Jazz Life for a while but it tends to be quite expensive, even during the Taschen sale. This copy popped up on ebay and I managed to get it for £17, which is a bargain imo.

IMG_1097.JPG

Went to my first local record shop today since COVID hit. They specialize in jazz.

Bill Evans Trio - Live in Paris Volumes 1 and 2 (only one French pressing of each title and not easy to come by in the US). Both are near mint.

Another Bill Evans Trio record, a 1981 Verve Japanese reissue.

D. Brubeck Quartet - OG 2-eye pressing.

And an Admad Jamal classic.

0815201059~2.jpg

That Cyrille records a beauty, is this a good pressing?

I haven't listened yet. It's from a couple of years ago and it's just a selection of three tracks compared to the CD/digi version. I saw it listed as 'coming soon' on Dusty Groove so I don't know if there is a more complete version coming or just a reissue. This was just really cheap on Amazon Japan (about £14+ shipping) so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's more than doubled in price now by the looks of it unfortunately.

Back