Fresh Grabs

Queens of The Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyze (2005 sealed first pressing on coloured vinyl - purple & orange)
Joe Armon Jones - Starting Today
The Comet Is Coming - Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery

After seeing Joe Armon Jones and The Comet is Coming at the weekend I decided now was the best time to pull the trigger on picking these two up. London Jazz at its finest.

The QOTSA was posted on the Online Vinyl Deals a couple of weeks ago. The label found a load of sealed copies in their warehouse and sold them at the standard price, and supposedly they all sold quickly. There was a caveat that they might be damaged but the copy I got seems fine to me, with no dings or anything. I messed up a bit though as this was going to be a gift but the person I was giving it to saw the same thing and bought a copy themselves :LOL:. I went to list it on discogs and saw it's going for mental money, so I'm listing it at the higher price and will knock a fiver off every couple of day until it sells, and whatever profit I make will be used to pick up some bits I actually want (Jazz Jazz Jazz)!!

I just received these records. I am overall satisfied with this first deal with the Wax Buyers Club. Packaging was just fine and both records are undamaged. They got shipped on Friday so it's, of course, a huge improvement comparing with VMP. I haven't played yet so I can't say if the records are flat or warped. Each record comes in shrink with an additional plastic sleeve and I appreciate that :)

View attachment 5937
Let us know how they sound, I really want that Henri Texier but it worked out to be quite expensive for me to sub as an international just for that. Might look out on discogs for a reasonable copy!

Alright, so besides receiving the Dylan Mono and the QOTSA releases that everyone is understandably excited about and have thusly been well documented on here (and for those wondering I too received a numbered copy). I found some records at my local stores that I was pretty stoked to add to my collection...6082

I picked these up from Hi-Voltage Records

Funk, Inc - Funk, Inc. this is the Jazz Dispensary reissue. This was a band I learned of when someone (don’t remember who) posted another one of their albums to this thread

Felix Da Housecat - Kittenz And Thee Glitz. A modern Electro classic I was a steal at only $9. Fits somewhere between Handsome Boy Modeling School and Italians Do It Better.

United States of America - United States of America. This is a The Sundazed stereo reissue of the psych rock classic.

Lucifer - Black Mass. AKA Mort Garson’s OTHER Moog masterwork a tad darker in tone than Plantasia. I bet we start seeing a lot of those real soon on here since I just got my sacred Bones shipping notice.

These were picked up at a small shop attached to my comic book shop (big ups to Destiny City Comics) Called Janku Land. It’s been there for about a while now but has weird hours and is rarely open when I am there. Today was my first time that I actually got to shop it and I am glad I did. I found some good stuff...

The Streets - Original Pirate Material. This is a release I have been looking since the reissue but I didn’t really wanna pay for the Euro shipping so I hadn’t pulled the trigger today thankfully I didn’t have to worry about shipping.

Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi. This is another one I have wanted for a while but never found for a great price but today at $20 it felt like the right time.

Buttholes Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician. This is an original Touch & Go release from the late 80’s. I was pretty excited to find this in there “new arrivals” stack. It’s might be my favorite BS album (despite the fucking creepy clown cover art) and really happy to stumble across it.

Sonic Youth - Dirty
Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend

They had a nice tape section at this place too and was glad to add these to my car jams (I drive a ‘91 Subaru Legacy wagon with a badass tape deck).

Alright, so besides receiving the Dylan Mono and the QOTSA releases that everyone is understandably excited about and have thusly been well documented on here (and for those wondering I too received a numbered copy). I found some records at my local stores that I was pretty stoked to add to my collection...View attachment 6082

I picked these up from Hi-Voltage Records

Funk, Inc - Funk, Inc. this is the Jazz Dispensary reissue. This was a band I learned of when someone (don’t remember who) posted another one of their albums to this thread

Felix Da Housecat - Kittenz And Thee Glitz. A modern Electro classic I was a steal at only $9. Fits somewhere between Handsome Boy Modeling School and Italians Do It Better.

United States of America - United States of America. This is a The Sundazed stereo reissue of the psych rock classic.

Lucifer - Black Mass. AKA Mort Garson’s OTHER Moog masterwork a tad darker in tone than Plantasia. I bet we start seeing a lot of those real soon on here since I just got my sacred Bones shipping notice.

View attachment 6086

These were picked up at a small shop attached to my comic book shop (big ups to Destiny City Comics) Called Janku Land. It’s been there for about a while now but has weird hours and is rarely open when I am there. Today was my first time that I actually got to shop it and I am glad I did. I found some good stuff...

The Streets - Original Pirate Material. This is a release I have been looking since the reissue but I didn’t really wanna pay for the Euro shipping so I hadn’t pulled the trigger today thankfully I didn’t have to worry about shipping.

Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi. This is another one I have wanted for a while but never found for a great price but today at $20 it felt like the right time.

Buttholes Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician. This is an original Touch & Go release from the late 80’s. I was pretty excited to find this in there “new arrivals” stack. It’s might be my favorite BS album (despite the fucking creepy clown cover art) and really happy to stumble across it.

Sonic Youth - Dirty
Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend

They had a nice tape section at this place too and was glad to add these to my car jams (I drive a ‘91 Subaru Legacy wagon with a badass tape deck).
All of those jazz dispensary reissued albums are fantastic btw

View attachment 6098
The last two days have been kind to me except that the Lost Souls was in the worst looking box I’ve ever seen and the sleeve has some bent corners and about an inch spot where the seem is unglued at the top. Let’s see how the vinyl is...
So the vinyl ended up being just fine and sounds great. Disappointed about the packaging, but not enough to deal with the hassle of returning a record to the UK.

Jealous! I love this album and like you didn’t want to pay for Euro shipping. I might cave eventually though...

Back