Fresh Grabs

I don’t know. haven’t heard this one yet. I still have my cd of the original so I’ll do with that for now and it’s nice to use this as a comparison. Plus as the prices on it keep rising I figured get this one first. I’ll pick up the original on vinyl at some point in the future too I’d imagine.
Yeah I finally picked up the 45rpm deluxe a few weeks back to replace my stupidly purchased unofficial copy. It sounds incredible and the bonus disc has a few of the Albini mixes included on it, that’s good enough for me. @me after ya give it a spin, I would like to get your take.

Did you send them a picture on how it’s supposed to look like?😂
If only there was even an option to do that. I called them and said what the actual hell are you guys doing. So now for my troubles I get to return these 4 discs, have my order cancelled because they're pulling it from the site. Then when they figure it out and re list it, I can re buy at full price. SWEET

Some recent pickups. Pretty happy about these, I've been keeping an eye out for a good combination of quality and price for AC Neuman and Handsome Furs.
View attachment 33496
I just need to grab Divine Fits for the Dan Boeckner collection.

Very nice! Good snag on the Emily Haines as well, super underrated little album there.

Orchestre Baobab - Mohammadou Bamba
Seven Wonders

My favourite ever African album (probably) on reissue. This is a safety copy to protect my OG, which I still intend to play a lot. Stream Bamba on Spotify to get an idea. So good...

Excited too about Seven Wonders - it's like a We Out Here compilation of Melbourne's soul/jazz community. There's more singing than on a pure jazz release but I really dug what I heard. And it so has Wvr Bvby (one of my faves from 2018) on it too with a fab jazz track.

20200220_194824.jpg

So my replacement Moon Shaped Pool boxset came in and-
View attachment 33565
Well this has been fun.

oh dear....

you know radiohead are still selling it direct?

oh dear....

Yeah, but that's about double what I paid.

oh dear....

do you know if this pressing is the same as the standard press? (I would assume so) Mine sounds like staticy trash.

If they let you keep them and they don’t sound like total garbage let me know. My copy is loud AF and

do you know if this pressing is the same as the standard press? (I would assume so) Mine sounds like staticy trash.
They want them both back and they mostly sound like crap. Though there are songs that are clean and actually sound pretty good, but then others that are poppy and crappy.

It’s exactly the same press, different record labels. It actually sounds more like trash than the ones in the standard release because of the horrible paper sleeves it came in, I actually bought a standard press to swap the records out because they sounded so much better. That said your standards are done at Rainbo in NA and ours are done over here so I’m guessing our standards have to be better? This particular release is all about the package, which is gorgeous.

It’s exactly the same press, different record labels. It actually sounds more like trash than the ones in the standard release because of the horrible paper sleeves it came in, I actually bought a standard press to swap the records out because they sounded so much better. That said your standards are done at Rainbo in NA and ours are done over here so I’m guessing our standards have to be better? This particular release is all about the package, which is gorgeous.
Yeah about the only thing you can do from North America is to go on Cogs and buy the Optimal EU press and swap the discs. I don't think theres any way to make sure in store you aren't buying the Rainbo pressing.

Thanks, I would assume the EU pressing would be a bit better (at least, that's my experience). I am sure the boxset it beautiful and I know you have like all the boxes and that's cool. I am probably won't go down that road unless they added something either from music or quality standpoint.

Back