Fresh Grabs

A fresh grab I want to share, not a vinyl but a book. I wasnt going to share it until Timbaland basically said Queens Another One Bites The Dust & Rod Stewart's D'ya Think I'm Sexy were played by his father in their apartment & it was those tracks that really made him want to make beats. I love those songs & wasnt expecting this from him🔥
20200220_220819.jpg20200220_220755.jpg

Thanks, I would assume the EU pressing would be a bit better (at least, that's my experience). I am sure the boxset it beautiful and I know you have like all the boxes and that's cool. I am probably won't go down that road unless they added something either from music or quality standpoint.

Yeah I totally agree with you on that. I bought the box as my pre-order physical copy on the day of release. It’s Radiohead and that’s all the trigger I need...

The records unfortunately never sounded great (damn paper sleeves) but then also got worse with time to the point that about a year ago I couldn’t put up with it anymore and and bought the standard to do them swap. It sounds much better but equally no regrets owning the box 😂😂😂

A fresh grab I want to share, not a vinyl but a book. I wasnt going to share it until Timbaland basically said Queens Another One Bites The Dust & Rod Stewart's D'ya Think I'm Sexy were played by his father in their apartment & it was those tracks that really made him want to make beats. I love those songs & wasnt expecting this from him🔥
View attachment 33594View attachment 33595
...and still Magoo's memoir remains on the bargain shelf gathering dust.

You prefer the Albini mix more? This seems to be a 50/50 split amongst fans. I think it’s a good mix and I appreciate the option but To my ear, I am glad the they went the direction they did with the original mix.

IMO some tunes are better and some are worse. The most puzzling decisions were (1) changing the solo in “Serve the Servants” (the original was perfect!) and (2) removing the cello from “Dumb.” On the other hand, the new mix of “Very Ape” is fantastic. I’m definitely keeping my original CD, but I like having the 2013 mix on vinyl, too.

IMO some tunes are better and some are worse. The most puzzling decisions were (1) changing the solo in “Serve the Servants” (the original was perfect!) and (2) removing the cello from “Dumb.” On the other hand, the new mix of “Very Ape” is fantastic. I’m definitely keeping my original CD, but I like having the 2013 mix on vinyl, too.
Removing the cello was definitely a strange move. Overall though I love it, but I’m a bit of an Albini fanboy.

K Frimpong & Super Complex Sounds
Moses Boyd - Dark Matter
Cadence Revolution - Disque Debs International Vol 2
Daniel Merriweather - Love & War

I feel like my post office deliberately saved these up for my birthday as I've been waiting on some for ages. Still, a fantastic grab. K Frimpong is an African whale, Moses Boyd fantastic London jazz, Debs International was one of the main record labels in the French Caribbean, and Daniel Merriweather i first heard on the Seven Wonders compilation from Australia and instantly bought this. Know what I'm doing the rest of the day...

20200221_140838.jpg

K Frimpong & Super Complex Sounds
Moses Boyd - Dark Matter
Cadence Revolution - Disque Debs International Vol 2
Daniel Merriweather - Love & War

I feel like my post office deliberately saved these up for my birthday as I've been waiting on some for ages. Still, a fantastic grab. K Frimpong is an African whale, Moses Boyd fantastic London jazz, Debs International was one of the main record labels in the French Caribbean, and Daniel Merriweather i first heard on the Seven Wonders compilation from Australia and instantly bought this. Know what I'm doing the rest of the day...

View attachment 33647

Cadence Revolution is the second volume of Disques Debs released by Strut, right?

Yup, and it's blooming good. Happy to see I already had four of the records, kind of without knowing it...

One more to my want list. Some of the OG records are crazy expensive. I remember seeing one at Superfly with a sleeve in really bad shape, a huge mark on the record (don't know if it was affecting or not) but still very expensive. First volume was really good too. Nice grabs, once again :)

One more to my want list. Some of the OG records are crazy expensive. I remember seeing one at Superfly with a sleeve in really bad shape, a huge mark on the record (don't know if it was affecting or not) but still very expensive. First volume was really good too. Nice grabs, once again :)
Superfly had a lot of deadstock of quite a few - Les Vikings, Les Rapaces - for several years at reasonable prices and I picked up a few that way. It's such great, optimistic music. But I imagine others are v pricey.

Back