Fresh Grabs

Duke Pearson - I Don't Care Who Knows It (Wallenbink/Blue Note, 2018 First Pressing)
Dexter Gordon - Soy Califa - Live From Magleaas Højskole 1967 (Gearbox Records, 2014 Limited First Pressing)
Gil Scott-Heron & Makaya McCraven - We're New Again: A Reimagining By Makaya McCraven (XL Recordings, 2020 First Pressing)
Bob Dylan - Chronicles Volume 1

Had a great haul the other day. The Gil Scott-Heron/Makaya McCraven was one of 2 copies that the store just got in after selling out of the first batch. I then crossed the road to the next shop and found the Duke Pearson and Dexter Gordon (which have both been on my wantlist for ages) for the cheapest I had ever seen them. Both had marked down stickers and together cost me £30. I've been deep diving in Dylans music lately so thought the book might give me a good insight.

IMG_3658.jpg

Not vinyl, but still kind of relevant. I ended up buying more than I wanted through an ebay seller, but it was one of those 'buy x get x free deals' so it actually ended up only costing me £10 for this pile. I recently picked up the John Coltrane volume of the Jazz Masters books and it was fantastic and I read it in a day, so I was keen to get some more.

Elvis Costello - Spike (Warner Bros. Records, 1989 Cassette)
Rickie Lee Jones - Girl At Her Volcano (Warner Bros. Records, 1983 Cassette)
Miles Davis (Jazz Masters)
Duke Ellington (Jazz Masters)
Lester Young (Jazz Masters)
Count Basie (Jazz Masters)
Woody Herman (Jazz Masters)
Count Basie and his Orchestra (Jazz Book Club)
Jazz Away From Home by Chris Goddard

IMG_3676.JPG

Yah I'm just shocked to see it already. I feel like I just ordered that one.
I actually think I ordered it and it shipped before the announcement email. I was just browsing their site and saw it. Only thing I’m kind of bummed about is the most recent email said it (and all new 2020 7s) would have the new custom sleeve.

I actually think I ordered it and it shipped before the announcement email. I was just browsing their site and saw it. Only thing I’m kind of bummed about is the most recent email said it (and all new 2020 7s) would have the new custom sleeve.

You just like the plain white sleeves?

Fresh Daptone 🔥:
View attachment 33861
Leon Dinero - If You Ask Me b/w Screechy Dan - Bandits
Menahan Street Band - There’s a New Day Coming b/w Tommy Don’t
Johnny’s Uncalled Four - Please Say b/w Daydream
Oh man, I hope this means a new Menahan Street Band album is forthcoming.
It’s been almost 7 years.

Went to the annual record show at my old high school yesterday. It's always a great event, a few new vendors this year too. I didn't find any of my white whales and I didn't buy the Beatles Yesterday and Today second state butcher cover for $1200.

Here's what I grabbed...

20200223_115916.jpg

Back