Fresh Grabs

Newest grabs. A friend dropped off some old stuff at work for me, which was cool. Along with a VMP delivery, Secretly delivery and some other nice stuff it was a good couple of weeks. That Eyelids is great and came with a signed booklet (and warped with replacement coming). 41D86B30-745A-40DE-B136-313712E2E81D.jpeg03DCB67B-7810-4DE4-A8C5-20B7FC09006B.jpegEFF32F2F-E193-41A3-B230-4396605078A2.jpeg03C2366F-6260-4F11-A363-97BBC0760A88.jpeg194BC275-7ACB-43CA-97AD-FF45FBABE80D.jpeg

Meaty Fresh Grabs
View attachment 33378
Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun
Meat Puppets - Mirage
Meat Puppets - Huevos

All SST first pressings. I have been working my way through Our Band Could Be Your Life and as such have been listening to a lot of the bands featured in the book. I realized I was sorely lacking in Meat Puppet records (also Black Flag , Minutemen, Minor Threat, Big Black, etc... but you have to start somewhere, right?) Up until today I only had the Rhino repress of II but that was it. In searching for others I found all of these on eBay at VG+/VG+ for right around $20 each. All three also have their original printed inner sleeves so I am pretty stoked. I haven’t yet got to the Meat Puppets chapter yet but I will be ready once I do.

Also, I recommend this documentary

And now I've just ordered Huevos, realizing I didn't have that one. Found an original on the 'bay for cheap-ish.

Last edited:
Also, I recommend this documentary

And now I've just ordered Huevos, realizing I didn't have that one. Found an original on the 'bay for cheap-ish.
Thanks for the recommendation I will check it out. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a reasonably priced OG Double Nickels On the Dime.

Huevos
was the first one I picked up on eBay I won an auction for it at $16 the other two were around $20 but comparatively to other SST/TwinTone/Touch&Go releases it was a really good price especially for the condition they were all in. I think I am gonna target Big Black’s Songs About Fucking next it looks like an OG of that is pretty readily available for around $20 too. I love when I can find LP’s that are in high demand by me and still can be had at a reasonable price. It happens less and less every year.

Meaty Fresh Grabs
View attachment 33378
Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun
Meat Puppets - Mirage
Meat Puppets - Huevos

All SST first pressings. I have been working my way through Our Band Could Be Your Life and as such have been listening to a lot of the bands featured in the book. I realized I was sorely lacking in Meat Puppet records (also Black Flag , Minutemen, Minor Threat, Big Black, etc... but you have to start somewhere, right?) Up until today I only had the Rhino repress of II but that was it. In searching for others I found all of these on eBay at VG+/VG+ for right around $20 each. All three also have their original printed inner sleeves so I am pretty stoked. I haven’t yet got to the Meat Puppets chapter yet but I will be ready once I do.
@me when you see the repress of Too High to Die. ;)

I was looking at it debating pulling the trigger on the Promo edition via Discogs. It’s a bit pricey but it comes with the Raw Meat EP 10” that features one of my favorites, their cover of Marty Robbins’ “White Sport Coat”
It’s been in wantlist for a while. I’m in the same boat as you. Itchy trigger finger sometimes.

Thanks for the recommendation I will check it out. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a reasonably priced OG Double Nickels On the Dime.

Huevos
was the first one I picked up on eBay I won an auction for it at $16 the other two were around $20 but comparatively to other SST/TwinTone/Touch&Go releases it was a really good price especially for the condition they were all in. I think I am gonna target Big Black’s Songs About Fucking next it looks like an OG of that is pretty readily available for around $20 too. I love when I can find LP’s that are in high demand by me and still can be had at a reasonable price. It happens less and less every year.
We Jam Econo is on YouTube, watched it a couple of weeks ago. Not at a PC just now to add a link.

Been streaming this Pharoah one like crazy lately so I decided to treat myself to this nice copy from discogs

View attachment 33478

And a sweet little eBay win for this addition to my Art Ensemble collection. I love this sleeve art.

View attachment 33479

Did the Art Ensemble happen to finish around 2-3pm on Monday? I may have been watching this but got dragged into a meeting last minute and missed it. Im glad we didnt get into a bidding war 🤣

Wooo! Yet again a brilliant N&G AoTM

View attachment 33535

and an album I really should already have

View attachment 33534
You prefer the Albini mix more? This seems to be a 50/50 split amongst fans. I think it’s a good mix and I appreciate the option but To my ear, I am glad the they went the direction they did with the original mix.

You prefer the Albini mix more? This seems to be a 50/50 split amongst fans. I think it’s a good mix and I appreciate the option but To my ear, I am glad the they went the direction they did with the original mix.

I don’t know. haven’t heard this one yet. I still have my cd of the original so I’ll do with that for now and it’s nice to use this as a comparison. Plus as the prices on it keep rising I figured get this one first. I’ll pick up the original on vinyl at some point in the future too I’d imagine.

Back