Fresh Grabs

Oh I get it, the Amazon mailing box is the “box” part. Very clever, Radiohead!
The thing that really boggles my mind is they arrived loose like this, not even housed in the usual cardboard protector that these Radiohead box sets are sent with. So someone, opened the box set, removed just the discs, took the discs out of the cardboard shipping protector, slapped a sticker on them, and sent them.

The thing that really boggles my mind is they arrived loose like this, not even housed in the usual cardboard protector that these Radiohead box sets are sent with. So someone, opened the box set, removed just the discs, took the discs out of the cardboard shipping protector, slapped a sticker on them, and sent them.
Packt like warped records with no tin box 😭

My VMP package arrived today (in 2 separate boxes without any bubble wrap strangely). Going to crack them all open to check over as I can already see obvious fingerprints on the EL-P jacket through the cellophane which is a worrying start! Looking forward to listening though, the Phrenology looks stunning and the comic is ace! I'm lucky enough to have an OG first press of Phrenology so I might do a comparison at some point (what a nerd!).

El-P ‎– I'll Sleep When You're Dead (Fat Possum Records , 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)
Aretha Franklin ‎– Aretha Now (Atlantic, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
The Roots ‎– Phrenology (Universal, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)

IMG_3587.JPG

Edit: So I've opened them all up and have to say that the Phrenology and EL-P might just be the best packages to date. So so great! The only gripe I have with these is that there's a ton of paper scratches/marks on the EL-P records (because of the shitty inners) and the Phrenology jacket bows open when the records are in there (but honestly, I'm just being picky there). Hopefully they all sound as good as they look!

Last edited:
Bargain records are funny, what the hell did they do that to Saint Dominics for?

No idea! I may have let it go if I saw it in store, the way they hacked up sleeves for reissues in the 80s was weird, but it was a great price online and that one has oddly rarely been repressed. That said it’s a really clean record and a great album lol.

Meaty Fresh Grabs
6C4FA2D0-A435-475B-9D64-9171011C7AF0.jpeg
Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun
Meat Puppets - Mirage
Meat Puppets - Huevos

All SST first pressings. I have been working my way through Our Band Could Be Your Life and as such have been listening to a lot of the bands featured in the book. I realized I was sorely lacking in Meat Puppet records (also Black Flag , Minutemen, Minor Threat, Big Black, etc... but you have to start somewhere, right?) Up until today I only had the Rhino repress of II but that was it. In searching for others I found all of these on eBay at VG+/VG+ for right around $20 each. All three also have their original printed inner sleeves so I am pretty stoked. I haven’t yet got to the Meat Puppets chapter yet but I will be ready once I do.

Meaty Fresh Grabs
View attachment 33378
Meat Puppets - Up On The Sun
Meat Puppets - Mirage
Meat Puppets - Huevos

All SST first pressings. I have been working my way through Our Band Could Be Your Life and as such have been listening to a lot of the bands featured in the book. I realized I was sorely lacking in Meat Puppet records (also Black Flag , Minutemen, Minor Threat, Big Black, etc... but you have to start somewhere, right?) Up until today I only had the Rhino repress of II but that was it. In searching for others I found all of these on eBay at VG+/VG+ for right around $20 each. All three also have their original printed inner sleeves so I am pretty stoked. I haven’t yet got to the Meat Puppets chapter yet but I will be ready once I do.

Awesome Pups trio!

That book is great.

Back