Fresh Grabs

Currently hiding from the wife:

View attachment 33018
Just want to say thanks 👌🏼 You have cost me money today 😂. Seeing that Benny made me realise how long I've been putting it off. I was waiting for the OG artwork version on Amazon but keeps getting delayed & I need to spin "Crowns for Kings" immediately. I now will own 3 of these and will never own the 4th 🤪

IMG_20200216_105707.jpg

The used bins were pretty spicy yesterday!

Oscar Peterson Trio - The Canadiana Suite
Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (new)
Oscar Peterson Trio - The Trio
Chet Baker Sings: It Could Happen to You
Professor Longhair - The London Concert
Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - Echoes of an Era best of comp.

Very psyched about professor Longhair. Rare to find anything by him in Canada!

Nice! How's the new Grimes?
I've yet to spin it. I'll let you know when I do later on today.
Stylistically darker and moodier than Art Angels. The bubblegum pop sheen of it's predecessor is replaced by layers of reverb, distortion, and pummelling synths. More ethereal sounding and often unintelligible lyrics. A great record and a very good pressing. A+

Back from a long weekend in Ohio, loved the Rock and Roll HOF, was a blast and picked up a couple oldies at an antique shop, super clean, no seam splits or ring wear, nice shinny vinyl in need of a cleaning. Most importantly, got to spend some time with my daughter :)
Great weekend all around!
20200215_122038.jpg

20200215_133138.jpg

20200216_224852.jpg

Last edited:
So i bought this american treasure box by Tom Petty used as an amazon warehouse deal for 60$. It was in a really good condition , but unfortunately there were two lp5s and no lp4. Although 60$ for a 4LP set would probably be a good deal, it did not spark joy, so i sent it back.

Man, your stylus cost more than my cart. Far from boring!

I was gifted this great cart by the wonderful @Ed Selley so I’m happy replacing the stylus from the top options knowing how much I saved to start with. Tbh, I was just browsing amazon and saw it was 25% under regular retail so I decided to take the plunge while I could make the saving. Sounds good so far too!

Just want to say thanks 👌🏼 You have cost me money today 😂. Seeing that Benny made me realise how long I've been putting it off. I was waiting for the OG artwork version on Amazon but keeps getting delayed & I need to spin "Crowns for Kings" immediately. I now will own 3 of these and will never own the 4th 🤪

No love for Wiz?

There was a big discount on the Moon Shaped Pool boxset from Amazon last week so I ordered it. Here is what Amazon delivered just now...

View attachment 33327
They sent, the discs. That's it. This is a new one for me.
Oh I get it, the Amazon mailing box is the “box” part. Very clever, Radiohead!

Back