Fresh Grabs

Such an amazing, overlooked record. I wish they’d press his first album, too.
It really is. The production is so good and the vinyl quality is fantastic. I loved the album when it first came out but it's been awhile since I listened to it. A live video of Blake singing "Don't Tell Our Friends About Me" popped up in a random YouTube playlist the other week and I've been listening to the album again non-stop. Was happy to find it for such a deal since it's quite pricey on discogs ($50 median price).

Winter sales madness! I bought the first 12 at Leclerc, kind of French Wal Mart, during their online sales. I have a few others ordered that should arrive in the next days. All of these were 10€ and less. Good opportunities to fill some gaps in my collection (FJM, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan), to add a few Coltrane records (these are Rhino reissues) and some more recent albums I like (Phoenix, Ali Farka Touré, Mélanie de Biasio and, highly recommende, Valparaiso).

Father John Misty ‎– Pure Comedy
Phoenix ‎– Alphabetical
Valparaiso ‎– Broken Homeland
Ali Farka Touré With Ry Cooder ‎– Talking Timbuktu

1578683589324.png

Jimi Hendrix ‎– Rainbow Bridge (OST)
Jimi Hendrix ‎– The Cry Of Love
Pink Floyd ‎– A Collection Of Great Dance Songs
Bob Dylan ‎– The Times They Are A-Changin'

1578683617122.png

Milt Jackson & John Coltrane ‎– Bags & Trane
John Coltrane ‎– My Favorite Things
John Coltrane ‎– Giant Steps
Melanie De Biasio ‎– No Deal

1578683652349.png

I gave a try to Amazon.co.jp. Please don't read it if you still are a VMP subscriber : I placed an order (for 2 records and 7 CD) on Jan 4th. Amazon shipped my order on Monday 6th and I received everything, well packed and in perfect shape, this morning. Great service and an excellent option for those who want Japanese records (@ThePakoBuelna, @blissfullychaotic, @others?). Hydeout Production is a collection of songs released on Nujabes' label (RIP). XII is Japanese pianist Junko Onishi's new album released in 2018. This is the Electric Side of the album (I am waiting for a the Acoustic Side and her live album Jatroit recorded with Robert Hurst & Karriem Riggins at Blue Note in Tokyo). The other two are Mad About Records new reissues, Jaman's record is a Rare private press '70s jazz-funk album and Syncro Jazz's a Brazilian spiritual jazz album recorded in 1982.

Various ‎– Hydeout Productions - First Collection
Junko Onishi Presents The Sextet ‎– XII (Electric Side)
Jaman ‎– Sweet Heritage
Syncro Jazz ‎– Syncro Jazz Live

1578683675832.png

And, finally, a few more CD to my Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500:

Isao Suzuki Sextet ‎– Ako's Dream
Kimiko Kasai With Kosuke Mine Quartet ‎– Yellow Carcass In The Blue
New Direction For The Arts ‎– Free Form Suite
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Live At The Misty
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio ‎– Summertime
Takao Uematsu Quartet/Quintet ‎– Debut
Bingo Miki, Tatsuya Takahashi & Tokyo Union ‎– Scandinavian Suite

1578683697517.png

Winter sales madness! I bought the first 12 at Leclerc, kind of French Wal Mart, during their online sales. I have a few others ordered that should arrive in the next days. All of these were 10€ and less. Good opportunities to fill some gaps in my collection (FJM, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan), to add a few Coltrane records (these are Rhino reissues) and some more recent albums I like (Phoenix, Ali Farka Touré, Mélanie de Biasio and, highly recommende, Valparaiso).

Phoenix ‎– Alphabetical

View attachment 28884

View attachment 28885

View attachment 28886

I gave a try to Amazon.co.jp. Please don't read it if you still are a VMP subscriber : I placed an order (for 2 records and 7 CD) on Jan 4th. Amazon shipped my order on Monday 6th and I received everything, well packed and in perfect shape, this morning. Great service and an excellent option for those who want Japanese records (@ThePakoBuelna, @blissfullychaotic, @others?). Hydeout Production is a collection of songs released on Nujabes' label (RIP). XII is Japanese pianist Junko Onishi's new album released in 2018. This is the Electric Side of the album (I am waiting for a the Acoustic Side and her live album Jatroit recorded with Robert Hurst & Karriem Riggins at Blue Note in Tokyo). The other two are Mad About Records new reissues, Jaman's record is a Rare private press '70s jazz-funk album and Syncro Jazz's a Brazilian spiritual jazz album recorded in 1982.

Jaman ‎– Sweet Heritage

View attachment 28887

View attachment 28888
I've been dying to get my hands on the Hydeout Productions - First Collection! May need to use one of my records and go ahead and buy it!

I know for sure I will be streaming Junko Onishi Presents The Sextet and see what this is all about ~

Good stuff in my B&N 50% sale pickups.

Love is the 50th Anniversary Mono "Summer of Love" Rhino release. The Otis Redding is a double album with both the mono and stereo versions on 180g. And the Sonny Rollins is Bernie-mastered and Pallas-pressed!

I'm sure the Pure Pleasure release beats this Louis Prima Capitol remaster but I couldn't pass it up for a third of the price.

IMG_4022.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix ‎– Alphabetical

View attachment 28884

View attachment 28885

View attachment 28886

Jaman ‎– Sweet Heritage

View attachment 28887

View attachment 28888
Hey yeah buddy thats all cool and stuff but could you leave some records for the rest of us :ROFLMAO:

Back