Fresh Grabs

Outside the unpleasantness of the seam splits I am really happy with how these turned out. They sound great. This is coming from a person that owned an Acid Rap unofficial release that was so poorly pressed it was damn near unlistenable. These are top notch hip-hop LP’s. They sound immaculate both are flat and have no static. They came in paper sleeves that left some paper residue so they might even end up sounding even better still once cleaned. Clear dynamic range with a heavy bass thud that I always hope for but That is unfortunately not always present on hip-hop releases. I hope I can get a couple new jackets but If not I am still alright with these releases as they just sound outstanding.
i agree tho i only own Acid Rap so can only speak on that pressing it does sound really nice and tho i'm not really into variant color pressings i really like how the records turned out.

Packaging is pretty standard. Not heavyweight covers or foil or embossing or anything. Just basic, but gatefold! And they all appear to be 2xLP 45rp. I'm listening to coloring book right now and it sounds great. There's detail in the background music that I haven't heard before and I know this album extremely well.
Thanks for those details. I did receive my copy of Coloring Book today. Haven’t listened to it yet but I threw it on the table to check for Warps and disc 2 is terribly warped. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Also my discs are just red, wasn’t it supposed to be a swirl or something unique?

Thanks for those details. I did receive my copy of Coloring Book today. Haven’t listened to it yet but I threw it on the table to check for Warps and disc 2 is terribly warped. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Also my discs are just red, wasn’t it supposed to be a swirl or something unique?
LOL, Mine are orange. seems like they ended up like Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik colorwise. TBH Acid Rap was could use a bit more contrast too but at least they sound great. Bummer about the warp. Maybe they have a spare and can send you the records and I can get the jacket.

Yah, mine is mostly red too. It has the slightest of white whisps in it.

7721EF57-E974-4FC4-9581-C43C0FF50478.jpeg

Good selection of dif items:

a) Signed Pseudo Mind Hive - Blue swirl vinyl. Somehow arrived undamaged in a dreaded 12x12 Wht mailer all the way from Australia. I’ll rebox to take home in my truck. Psych/Stoner?
b) New International Anthem Jeff Parker on colored vinyl. Modern jazz?
c) Used Grant Green Solid Blue Note. Definitely Jazz. Looks in great shape.
d) Used vintage Van Morrison- vinyl/cover look great. Need to look up exact pressing matrix info tonight. Mainstream Classic
e) Signed Current 93 “Invocations of the Almost” Electronic Weirdness.
f) Used vintage Alice Cooper “Killer”. Sleeve still fully intact. Exact matrix match TBD. Vinyl looks to be VG+. Fair # of paper marks. Hoping it plays nice. Classic Rocker.

I haven't posted anything here for a while now. Here are my fresh grabs from the last three days :

Toshio Matsuura Presents HEX ‎– Hex
Naoito ‎– DotA
Antoine Berjeaut (produced by Makaya McCraven) ‎– Moving Cities

1579026300619.png

Leopard Skull ‎– Welcome Home (Wax Buyers Club Exclusive @Edd)
Various ‎– The Best Of Black Jazz Records 1971-1976

1579026355022.png

Charles Kynard ‎– Afro-Disiac (Jazz Dispensary reissue)
Azar Lawrence ‎– Bridge Into The New Age (Jazz Dispensary reissue)
Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers ‎– Jungle Fire! (Jazz Dispensary reissue)

1579026388939.png

Well, I WAS super excited about this package today. Picked it out of the post room and it was an open and completely battered box with dents and splits. Opened it up and the box set is BATTERED, wrapping is shredded, dents and cuts to each corner AND each record. Return label printed and a reorder through another site.... :(

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

It’s a shame I haven’t spun a record since Christmas. That’s, of course, changed but, just wanted to show you what I’ve gotten in recently.

EC1C00B7-8BF4-474C-8DDE-106C5AB4A078.jpeg

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Watchman Vol. 3
Mae - Singularity
BB King - Lucille
Aretha Franklin

72B92C30-B4B8-4BD0-86F6-B2CB569CE088.jpeg
Still Woozy
Fiona Apple
Channel Tres
Margot and the Nuclear So & Sos(Repress)

90766D66-5D57-4C72-B5E4-29FAAFD90E09.jpeg
Dale Earnhardt JR JR - We Almost Lost Detroit EP
Prince - Graffiti Bridge
Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey

B500773B-270D-46BC-86D8-4A8A4119EF72.jpeg

Lily Allen - Alright, Still
David Gray - Foundling
David Gray - Draw the Line

Well after yesterdays disaster with the amazon package, today has been much much better.

Met up briefly with the legend that is @Poly-Rythmo and he PIFed me this fantastic album, and even threw in a 7" which I wasnt expecting. Thanks so much again buddy, im spinning the A-side now before I have to pop out again and its fantastic stuff........I can see how easy it is to fall down this rabbit hole! Also, I LOVE the name of the label....Afribros!

African Brothers Dance Band (International) - S/T (Afribros, 1970 First Pressing)
Orchestre Les Grands Maquisards - Obotama mobali ndima pasi - maria mboka (Congo Decca, 60s/70s? 7")

IMG_2116.JPG

And this next one is another unexpected surprise. I bought this for £18 (which is already a great price seeing as the reissue goes for £30!) and when it arrived it turns out to be the 1st Limited Edition pressing, limited to just 500 copies worldwide and with a 'bespoke 16 page booklet'. I've been wanting to pick this up for ages, and its just a beautiful package, with textured gatefold and one of the most stunning artworks ive seen in a long time.

Yazz Ahmed ‎– La Saboteuse (Naim Jazz, 2107 Limited First Pressing, 16-page booklet, embossed gatefold).

IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2119.jpg

Some fresh bits this week:

A belting reissue of this jazzy, ambient, electro new-age oddity from Steven Halpern. Housed in gorgeous glued prints on thick card sleeve and pre orders came with an art print from Halpern’s archive on translucent heliography paper. Ltd to 500.

8F9B5166-9C99-453C-9FAF-0882E611D4A6.jpeg

A couple from superb quartet, [ahmed] made up of Joel Grip, Antonin Gerbal, Pat Thomas and Seymour Wright. Gorgeous free flowing improv, @kafunis you’re sure to love these. The latest, Super Majnoon is on Cafe Oto’s imprint, Otoroku and is widely available. I had to get their first one from the label, Umlaut but shipping from France was free and fast to the UK.

F894C034-2D69-431D-B1C7-A08D643D3E57.jpeg
1C80563C-E741-4D68-B87E-3995C2F6D290.jpeg

And finally a grand old Bluey. A 1967 Liberty VAN GELDER stamped Happenings from Bobby Hutcherson in mono.

275E0968-5368-4EE8-B1BE-A685B010261C.jpeg

Been a while since I've posted an update here! These were mostly grabs from Christmas Time / New Year, but they all just got a nice cleaning (some a second time) so figured I'd share!

Sly 5th Ave - The Invisible Man (Orchestrated Tribute to Dr Dre) - shoutout to @Mather for putting this on my radar, awesome album and a steal for 18$ at the West Edmonton Mall!
Shlohmo - Bad Vibes (VMP Varient)
Jim O'Rourke - Insignificance -
A wonderful gift from a coworker!
Mobb Deep - The Infamous (VMP Varient)
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - Oddments
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - Murder of The Universe -
both of these were great gifts from my girlfriend, and now my King Gizzard Vinyl Collection is COMPLETE!
The Dirty Nil - Master Volume - Another awesome gift! This ones from my Brother, he claims it's Hamilton's best band (we'll find out!)
James Blackshaw - The Cloud Of Unknowning - @BjorgenFjorgen couldn't have picked a better record to gift me, this one is straight up my alley, and a beautiful sounding pressing! Thanks friend!
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - Infest The Rats Nest (Hell Edition) - This one was a gift for myself, I couldn't help it.. I love this album to bits so I jumped on this pressing when it popped online for a limited time!

20200115_165710.jpg

Just gotta say how awesome the gift of music is, it's something so personal, but also so amazing to share. Feeling pretty blessed and starting off 2020 with a bang of kindness :giggle:(y)

Been a while since I've posted an update here! These were mostly grabs from Christmas Time / New Year, but they all just got a nice cleaning (some a second time) so figured I'd share!

Sly 5th Ave - The Invisible Man (Orchestrated Tribute to Dr Dre) - shoutout to @Mather for putting this on my radar, awesome album and a steal for 18$ at the West Edmonton Mall!
both of these were great gifts from my girlfriend, and now my King Gizzard Vinyl Collection is COMPLETE!
The Dirty Nil - Master Volume - Another awesome gift! This ones from my Brother, he claims it's Hamilton's best band (we'll find out!)
James Blackshaw - The Cloud Of Unknowning - @BjorgenFjorgen couldn't have picked a better record to gift me, this one is straight up my alley, and a beautiful sounding pressing! Thanks friend!
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - Infest The Rats Nest (Hell Edition) - This one was a gift for myself, I couldn't help it.. I love this album to bits so I jumped on this pressing when it popped online for a limited time!

View attachment 29415

Just gotta say how awesome the gift of music is, it's something so personal, but also so amazing to share. Feeling pretty blessed and starting off 2020 with a bang of kindness :giggle:(y)
Glad you like it, man! Also, the Dirty Nil is definitely Hamilton's best band! I saw them a couple years ago at Supercrawl and they kicked ass.

View attachment 29415

18 dollars??! That thing cost me like $45 from the UK! Well done!

18 dollars??! That thing cost me like $45 from the UK! Well done!

It has some nasty corner dings, but was discounted 30% off at sunrise. One of those rare kinda "blown away" moments when I saw it in the discount crate! I've been wanting to grab it since you showed me it, but was always discouraged with paying the overseas shipping.. Definitely a good find!

Let’s keep the Jim O’Rourke FG love going...
9D65CE46-B196-402B-A78F-C7960E007E40.jpeg
Jim O’Rourke - The Visitor
Silver Jews - Tanglewood Numbers

I love Jim O’Rourke more and more with each and every listen The Visitor is more in line with Bad Timing than Eureka or Insignificance (you have a nice friend @DeadwaxDude that Album is excellent) in that is all instrumental, really the whole album is a single piece spread over both sides and it is reminiscent in his other “Pop” albums in that it is deceptive in its charm and intricacies.

Tanglewood Numbers was my introduction to the SJ and is right up there with American Waters and Purple Mountain as Berman’s best. It's not a happy record but it might be his most hopeful.

Last edited:
Back