Fresh Grabs

I was really glad to get it. Wire is such an interesting band. Just played side 1. Played perfect. Probably spin B side later tonight.

Wire — especially early Wire — rules.

I would say they’re hopelessly underrated but they’re probably not. One of those “If you know, you know” things.

Enjoy that sweet record! And crank it up.

No love for The Fall? Young Blood is one of my favorite Norah Jones songs!
I do like Young Blood and a few other tracks on The Fall.........who knows, maybe a few more listens and I'll be swayed. I have a tendency of picking up my 2/3 favorites from an artist or band, then circle back around at some point ;)

Avoided B&N on purpose all last week, my wife and daughter were out shopping and sent me a text to tell me about "A big sale at B&N, 50% off albums", lol. I told them I knew and not to worry about it........that being said, they came back with this, but did mention they were pretty picked over and they didn't really see anything that they thought I would have wanted. They told me if I had it or didn't want it they would take it back, lol. I've wanted it, but haven't wanted to pay much for it so its been a back burner album for a while.........they're so good to me, lol

Honestly, I'm surprised this was still sitting there, they did say it was the only one.
Fresh-Grabs.jpg

Sweet new LP mailers from Amazon.

View attachment 28474

I got the re-issue of Hats by The Blue Nile in one of these from Amazon UK last week and the record sleeve was bent beyond all recognition. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but it’s now extremely hard to find- I can’t put in a replacement order

I got the re-issue of Hats by The Blue Nile in one of these from Amazon UK last week and the record sleeve was bent beyond all recognition. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world but it’s now extremely hard to find- I can’t put in a replacement order

The same thing happened to all three Blue Nile reissues that I received from Amazon UK. Anyone who received them in mint condition jackets has rarities and should consider keeping them sealed.

Late to the party but finally giving attention to Jazz Dispensary Top Shelf serie reissues. These are my first four and I already have three more on my way. All these records are pressed on 180g vinyl at QPR, two have been recorded by Rudy Van Gelder, lacquer cut or mastered by Kevin Gray. Dom Salvador and Ron Carter and Raul de Souza plays on Summer Solstice, Idris Muhammad on Fire Eater and Donald Byrd produced Vibes of Truth. Not bad at all.

Funk Inc. ‎– Funk Inc.
Rusty Bryant ‎– Fire Eater
Azar Lawrence ‎– Summer Solstice
The 3 Pieces ‎– Vibes Of Truth

1578333886282.png

More Japanese Jazz. These two are the first vinyl reissued with the Deep Jazz Reality OBI. In both cases, these are the first LP reissues since 1971. I am paging @Mr Moore and @Selaws as they both bought Flute Adventure from Toshiaki Yokota & The Beat Generation and they might want to buy this one too while it's "affordable" (should be available anytime soon from Juno ). Freedom Unity is a J-Jazz all-star band with Akira Ishikawa, Hiroshi Suzuki (album Cat) or Hiromasa Suzuki (High-Flying). Then is one of the last Mad About Records releases and a nice Soul/Funk/Jazz album. Last is The Final Come-Down soundtrack by Grant Green, this is the Pure Pleasure 2013 reissued, pressed at Pallas in Germany.

Toshiaki Yokota & The Beat Generation ‎– Elevation
Freedom Unity featuring Takeru Muraoka ‎– Something / Freedom Unity First
Reggie Andrews And The Fellowship ‎– Mystic Beauty
Grant Green ‎– The Final Come-Down

1578333968887.png

Last edited:
Received this beauty today, #256/500

View attachment 28550
Okay, I already have the TTL exclusive of Dewdrops In The Garden and the RSD “Goove Is In The Heart” 12”, I initially passed on it but seeing how well the color turned out I am getting a wave of FOMO. Have you had a chance to listen to it yet? Should I seek out a handful Mitsubishi’s and pick this up too?🤔

Okay, I already have the TTL exclusive of Dewdrops In The Garden and the RSD “Goove Is In The Heart” 12”, I initially passed on it but seeing how well the color turned out I am getting a wave of FOMO. Have you had a chance to listen to it yet? Should I seek out a handful Mitsubishi’s and pick this up too?🤔
i haven't listened yet, but since it's so limited and looks gorgeous, if it's still available, I'd grab it.

I've got one of those, Sounds Fantastic !!
View attachment 28559

Been looking for a nice OG pressing of this for some time. Still need to spin it but this copy looks promising. Cover still in shrink, original sleeve, insert like new, and only a couple very light paper marks on vinyl.

Back