Fresh Grabs

Grrrrr. Perhaps the worst side of buying vinyl at the moment is the need to resleeve nearly every release in poly-lined inners - all these are to be thrown away. What a waste...

View attachment 28297

I actually avoid buying poly-lined sleeves and instead use regular plastic inner sleeves like these and house them in the paper sleeves. Not only are they cheaper than poly-lined, I don't need to throw the paper sleeves out.

I actually avoid buying poly-lined sleeves and instead use regular plastic inner sleeves like these and house them in the paper sleeves. Not only are they cheaper than poly-lined, I don't need to throw the paper sleeves out.
I must be a bad person as I don't like those plastic sleeves either (most African records I get come in them). But I hadn't considered combining the two. I'll look into that - although I fear my OCD side will want everything in the same type of sleeve. (I should add I used a fair amount extra poly-lined inners due as I rehouse all the ones in printed inners too).

I must be a bad person as I don't like those plastic sleeves either (most African records I get come in them). But I hadn't considered combining the two. I'll look into that - although I fear my OCD side will want everything in the same type of sleeve. (I should add I used a fair amount extra poly-lined inners due as I rehouse all the ones in printed inners too).
The great thing is the thin plastic inners often fit inside the printed inners.

Grrrrr. Perhaps the worst side of buying vinyl at the moment is the need to resleeve nearly every release in poly-lined inners - all these are to be thrown away. What a waste...

View attachment 28297

Throw these into a box with a random dollar record and I’ll send you money to ship them. Many of my cheap digs have NO inner sleeves.

Edit: Oslo? Probably not worth it. :)

Cecil Taylor - Silent Tongues - Live At Montreux '74 (Vinyl Me Please, 2018 Exclusive Pressing)
The Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Tutankhamun (Vinyl Me Please, 2018 Exclusive Pressing)
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel... (Clean State, 2019 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

Happy to finally see this package! The 2 jazz records were bought in the sale (for £10.70 each which is a bargain!) and I didn't expect to see Fiona for a while so pleasantly surprised here. The package info on the tracking had the cost at $75 which would have resulted in a hefty customs fee, but looks like it cleared fine as usual!

IMG_1630.JPG

Paid probably too much for this via Reddit but I've wanted this for awhile and they don't pop up often. Jacket is a little banged up but records seem in good shape. I've only did a quick homemade wash and new sleeves but will spin later once I get the house asleep.

20200103_174136.jpg

Also got this during the B&N sale

20200103_173249.jpg

The last of the Christmas gift card purchases are finally trickling in, waiting on 2 more albums from Canada and a PIF to put an official close to 2019 :)

These were part of a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law, rounding out what I consider to be Norah Jones' top 3 albums, already have Come Away with Me. I also like Not too Late, may add that one eventually :)

Fresh-Grabs.jpg

Last edited:
0A63FDBA-AD26-4FC5-A7FA-2303784F6300.jpeg

1979 Los Angeles Promo pressing of Wire ‘154’. Vinyl is VG++. Just a couple spindly marks and light paper scuffs.

1980 Mo-Fi of EC’s ‘Slowhand’. This one is in stellar shape. Both cover and vinyl look near perfect.

Cleaned them last night. Hope they sound as good as they look when I play them this weekend.

The last of the Christmas gift card purchases are finally trickling in, waiting on 2 more albums from Canada and a PIF to put an official close to 2019 :)

These were part of a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law, rounding out what I consider to be Nora Jones' top 3 albums, already have Come Away with Me. I also like Not too Late, may add that one eventually :)

View attachment 28370
No love for The Fall? Young Blood is one of my favorite Norah Jones songs!

View attachment 28374

1979 Los Angeles Promo pressing of Wire ‘154’. Vinyl is VG++. Just a couple spindly marks and light paper scuffs.

1980 Mo-Fi of EC’s ‘Slowhand’. This one is in stellar shape. Both cover and vinyl look near perfect.

Cleaned them last night. Hope they sound as good as they look when I play them this weekend.

Damn, that 154 promo looks beautiful. Nice score. So jealous!

Although right before Christmas I found a nice AAD copy of the 1989 Restless Retro CD for $6 so that will bridge me over until I find an original pressing in as good as condition as yours.

Damn, that 154 promo looks beautiful. Nice score. So jealous!

Although right before Christmas I found a nice AAD copy of the 1989 Restless Retro CD for $6 so that will bridge me over until I find an original pressing in as good as condition as yours.

I was really glad to get it. Wire is such an interesting band. Just played side 1. Played perfect. Probably spin B side later tonight.

Back