Fresh Grabs

View attachment 20420

Almost speechless at this point. 3rd order in two weeks with serious damage. This one came UPS and box had obviously been taped back together. I didn’t even take out of box. Just started working on replacement. Still hoping for replacements from previous two damaged orders but only promises so far no shipping notices.

I did get a couple that look to be undamaged but I’ve been afraid to unwrap them. Maybe tonight.
All the Young Dudes today just don’t know how to pack & ship records. Seriously though that sucks.

All the Young Dudes today just don’t know how to pack & ship records. Seriously though that sucks.

Yeah. Shipping damage has gotten much worse. I cringe every time thin lightweight 12x12 mailers shows up. Even Bullmoose boxes are no longer up to the task.

However, In this case both orders arrived with the vinyl inside literally bent and boxes creased. They were almost for sure caught in a conveyor belt. One came USPS and one UPS. They were both imports to USA.

Interestingly, my postal carrier told me today that USPS subcontracts overseas shipment to USA to UPS. So, theoretically both these boxes could have been destroyed by the same conveyor belt off the same plane.

Super excited for these, each one has been on my want list and I can't wait to line them up in the play pile.

Tubby Hayes Quartet - Grits, Beans And Greens (Fontana, 2019 pressing)
Mastered at Gearbox Records (these guys & girls are top-notch) from the original master tapes. I LOVE the packaging for this, set up to match the tape box.

Sons Of Kemet - Lest We Forget What We Came Here To Do (Naim Jazz, 2018 pressing)
Potentially my favourite album of theirs. I was able to see Sons Of Kemet a few months ago (as well as the Comet Is Coming....who I'm seeing again in a few weeks) and they played like their lives dependent on it!

Jutta Hipp With Zoot Sims - Jutta Hipp With Zoot Sims (Blue Note, 2019 BN80 pressing)
This is the big one. I have been wanting to buy this album for AGES but the original is certainly out of my league. I was always hesitant to pick up a repress as its one of my favourite Blue Note records and I really wanted to get a good copy. Can't wait to spin this one!

IMG_8752.JPG

Edit: Just realised I have @Mr Moore to thank (yet again) for letting me know of the Music Magpie ebay sale, much appreciated bud!

Last edited:
30529B97-9D6E-464F-897A-6D822009CA65.jpeg

Big shout out to International Anthem.

Almost better than new vinyl. International Anthem sent new replacement covers for both my copies (blk & colored) of In the Moment Deluxe that were creased/dented/split in shipping originally. And they also replaced a couple other covers that were damaged in previous orders. NICE. Great customer service from IntAnthem.

Also got an email from MyPinkFlamingo stating they have replacement copies of the sold out Saint Pepsi “Empire Building” heading my way. Feeling optimistic at the moment.

Back