Fresh Grabs

Ordered from Bandcamp. Important release that I have been waiting for repress.

Been having lots of trouble with shipping damage this year in general so I bought one black and one marbled. Figured if one got damaged I would play the best sounding and keep the other for backup in undamaged cover.

No joy. I covered the damage in my original pic but box was crushed on two corners. Both covers creased, dented corners, and minor split seams. Not trashed but damaged for sure. I was bummed.

Good news is International Anthem responded to my email in about ten minutes. Super fast. I sent pictures. They are sending me two new covers at no chg. They also offered to send me new covers for any other titles damaged so I had two others with large seam splits they are replacing. Great customer service assuming the covers show up but I have high confidence they are on the way.

Have not cleaned and played them yet but it looks nice.

View attachment 20034
I bought from Bandcamp as well but my shipment isn't scheduled to go out until Nov 1. But that shipping damage doesn't give me much hope for mine...

@POGunter where did it ship from? Chicago or somewhere in Europe?

I bought from Bandcamp as well but my shipment isn't scheduled to go out until Nov 1. But that shipping damage doesn't give me much hope for mine...

@POGunter where did it ship from? Chicago or somewhere in Europe?

FWIW I ordered within minutes of preorder email.

Edit: Shipped Chicago and I am only a couple hundred miles away.

These were packed OK in a Whiplash mailer so hopefully yours will make it in mint shape.

As I said I have had lots of bad luck on shipping this year. I almost placed two separate orders on these so they would be shipped separately. Really want an undamaged one. But, I have actually had two damaged albums this way also. Grrr.

FWIW I ordered within minutes of preorder email.

Edit: Shipped Chicago and I am only a couple hundred miles away.

These were packed OK in a Whiplash mailer so hopefully yours will make it in mint shape.

As I said I have had lots of bad luck on shipping this year. I almost placed two separate orders on these so they would be shipped separately. Really want an undamaged one. But, I have actually had two damaged albums this way also. Grrr.
Well good to hear they were easy with the replacement jackets, that's good piece of mind...

EDIT- Also whiplash mailers effing RULE.

Last edited:
Mo Mo Mo Morgan!

Lee Morgan - Search For The New Land (Blue Note, 1966 First Stereo Pressing)
Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder (Blue Note, 1964 First Stereo Pressing)

I was holding out for Mono pressings of these and have had a few opportunities to buy Stereo presses but passed on them. These two became available to me at such a low cost that it would be silly not to pick them up. Both records are in superb shape, easily VG+, but the sleeve on Search... has a split at the top. This isnt something im worried about though, the music is still insanely good!IMG_8496.JPG

Hank Mobley, Billy Root, Curtis Fuller, Lee Morgan - Another Monday Night At Birdland (Columbia, 1959 First UK Mono pressing)
This is the second parter (recorded the week after the first) of the groups fantastic performances at Birdland in 1958. Definitely has throwback vibes to 'Introducing Lee Morgan', his first recorded album as lead which also features Hank Mobley (in fact it was originally set up as a Mobley recording!)
IMG_8498.JPG

Some non vinyl grabs (except 1) to appease my addiction.

Curren$y & Statik Selektah - Gran Turismo (Can't suggest this enough.)
gran turismo.jpg

Super hard to find VHS copy of the Comedy Jam that Master P put on in celebration of the release of the original 'I Got The Hook Up'!

Master P's - I Got The Hook Up: Comedy Jam (VHS)
Comerdy Jam.JPG

Addicted to adding to my Morgus collection.

The Wacky World of Dr. Morgus (BetaMax...now I just need to find a player.)
Morgus.JPG

Back