Fresh Grabs

Ahahah! I thought I was the one who use the seat belt to secure my records when I drive back home.

Here are my new grabs, it was a quieter week after all the craziness of the last weekend:

A State Of Mind – Color Wheel (Wax Buyers Club AotM)
+
Dealema ‎– A Grande Tribulação
Mundo Segundo ‎– Mixtape Vol.1
Língua Franca ‎– Língua Franca

IMG_20191012_103032.jpg

Last edited:
Recent Deliveries
5D57FFBE-CBE0-4346-A2FA-427D6C646FB6.jpeg
Ruen Brothers - All My Shades of Blue
Beirut - The Rip Tide
The Replacement - Tim

I received these in the mail this week. Ruen Brothers LP is the N&G November ROTM and it was a great pick. I was completely unfamiliar but this is a brilliant album, it’s like they put a Bruce Springsteen record in a blender with a pair of Roy Orbison’s sunglasses. RIYL Orville Peck or Chris Isaak. The other two are wonderful albums I honestly ordered mainly to qualify for the 4 album discount via TTL (the other two were preorders). The Rip Tide is my favorite Beirut album (though, I am still waiting on Zach Condon to make an album I don’t love). I am glad these reissues were released as the Original Pressing was fairly pricey. Tim is a stone classic and the Rhino reissues have all been top notch and for some reason it was listed for only $11 bucks so I jumped all over it.

Last edited:
Gigi Gryce Quintet - Saying Somethin'! (New Jazz, 1960 First Mono Pressing)

Interestingly this is one of the last albums Gryce worked on before he retired from jazz completely.
IMG_8145.JPG

Ayizan - Dilijans (Superfly Records, 2019 reissue)
Bob Ohiri & His Uhuru Sounds - Uhuru Aiye (Superfly Records, 2019 reissue)

Really excited to finally pick these up. The Ayizan sold out pretty quickly (within 2 hours) at my local shop and for some reason, the pre-order took a while to get to the shop I had reserved it at. The Ayizan is a spiritual jazz recording and the Bob Ohiri is a heavy funk album.
IMG_8144.JPG

Gigi Gryce Quintet - Saying Somethin'! (New Jazz, 1960 First Mono Pressing)

Interestingly this is one of the last albums Gryce worked on before he retired from jazz completely.
View attachment 19703

Ayizan - Dilijans (Superfly Records, 2019 reissue)
Bob Ohiri & His Uhuru Sounds - Uhuru Aiye (Superfly Records, 2019 reissue)

Really excited to finally pick these up. The Ayizan sold out pretty quickly (within 2 hours) at my local shop and for some reason, the pre-order took a while to get to the shop I had reserved it at. The Ayizan is a spiritual jazz recording and the Bob Ohiri is a heavy funk album.
View attachment 19705

You and @Skalap are always on some 🔥🔥🔥🔥

So many genres. So many mailers. Came in while I was gone. Can’t wait to play them.

Yes, you can laugh at one of them. I don’t mind.

View attachment 19769
My Own Prison along with Experience Hendrix: the Best of Jimi Hendrix were the first albums I ever purchased. Not sure which of these albums you bought are ones people should laugh at!

So many genres. So many mailers. Came in while I was gone. Can’t wait to play them.

Yes, you can laugh at one of them. I don’t mind.

View attachment 19769
Haha! Loretta Lynn finally arrived! Is that what’s so humorous? I don’t see anything else that would be even remotely funn- oh, wait...

Back