Fresh Grabs

So this is a surprise pick up. I posted over on the 'Blues, Funk and Soul group the other day and the record came today.

About a year ago now I picked up a first press of Robert Pete Williams - Those Prison Blues at a carboot sale for a couple of quid and really enjoyed the music, and his back story. I got lucky with that one, but since then I have never seen anything of his in my local shops.

An ebay seller that I have bought from before listed a first UK pressing of his first album the other day in VG+ condition, and I put an initial low bid of £20 on it. The past 2 sales of that album went for £65 and £85 all in, so I didn't expect to win it. Low and behold I just found out that I won the bid, for a total (inc shipping) of £12.50!!! Im really excited to get it and delve into the genre again!

Robert Pete Williams / Matthew "Hogman" Maxey* / Robert "Guitar" Welch – Angola Prisoners' Blues (1960, First UK Pressing)

IMG_7995.JPG

So this is a surprise pick up. I posted over on the 'Blues, Funk and Soul group the other day and the record came today.

About a year ago now I picked up a first press of Robert Pete Williams - Those Prison Blues at a carboot sale for a couple of quid and really enjoyed the music, and his back story. I got lucky with that one, but since then I have never seen anything of his in my local shops.

An ebay seller that I have bought from before listed a first UK pressing of his first album the other day in VG+ condition, and I put an initial low bid of £20 on it. The past 2 sales of that album went for £65 and £85 all in, so I didn't expect to win it. Low and behold I just found out that I won the bid, for a total (inc shipping) of £12.50!!! Im really excited to get it and delve into the genre again!

Robert Pete Williams / Matthew "Hogman" Maxey* / Robert "Guitar" Welch – Angola Prisoners' Blues (1960, First UK Pressing)

View attachment 19214

Superb get! When I was heavy into buying blues records this was high on my want list but always evaded me at a good price. Very jealous.

Superb get! When I was heavy into buying blues records this was high on my want list but always evaded me at a good price. Very jealous.
Ah thanks, im pretty excited to give it my full attention. Is there anyone else that you would recommend?

@Heath thank you for pushing me over the ledge on this, mastering is gorgeous.

Christian Scott - Ancestral Recall
IMG_6020.jpg

I just couldn't turn this down... Crack Monsters DVD (Happens to go for quite a bit online.)
IMG_6023.jpg

And a second copy of PJ Morton's - Gumbo Unplugged...I'm telling y'all I got the plug on these, they are impossible to find anywhere else. Can do $40 shipped on any 3 of his vinyl, maybe a lil less for the Christmas one, and can also get signed ones.
IMG_6021.jpg

Been wanting to pick this up for a while and today it arrived from Amazon, a "just because" gift from my daughter 🥰
20191008_191305.jpg

But I have no idea what pressing it is, lol. It's clear, but not a first pressing, it has the newer label on it, the matrix and everything match this release, except for the color. Amazon, and I know we take Amazon info with a grain of salt, lol, states...

Standard weight colored vinyl in jacket with 11 x 11 insert with download card. Vinyl color is either clear blue or clear ("get what you get")
1570580651996.png

.........any thoughts?

Been wanting to pick this up for a while and today it arrived from Amazon, a "just because" gift from my daughter 🥰
View attachment 19250

But I have no idea what pressing it is, lol. It's clear, but not a first pressing, it has the newer label on it, the matrix and everything match this release, except for the color. Amazon, and I know we take Amazon info with a grain of salt, lol, states...

Standard weight colored vinyl in jacket with 11 x 11 insert with download card. Vinyl color is either clear blue or clear ("get what you get")
View attachment 19249

.........any thoughts?
Done searching, I just created a new entry :)

Back