Fresh Grabs

Record show haul from yesterday, all records were $3 or cheaper and all in really good condition. I was so engrossed with the Van Gelder stamp with The Baddest Turrentine that I didn’t realize it was a greatest hits.
kAIHFxi.jpg

IWk2jPU.jpg

They also had this WEEN dvd there that was cheaper than I’ve ever seen it—$7!!! Woohoo!
BcqaQEs.jpg

Some Amazon grabs—
e2X73Kw.jpg

Last edited:
Sold a decent amount of records at a vinyl fair yesterday, but of course I brought some back... 😶

8BAC4879-EF7F-4F02-82EB-B76E249DC09D.jpeg

These are some new purchases earlier in the month! So happy Light in the Attic reissued the Sachiko album, and that Eddie Jobson record has Synclavier jams for days.

6F8DC1E6-174B-49CC-883B-30CF1D75A5ED.jpeg

Lucked out at a local store, which brought in the new Angel Olsen early. The album’s pretty amazing! Can’t wait for it to hit Spotify on Friday so I can listen to it again and again.

51CC7C0A-0A9C-456A-92BE-E74A6389BF3F.jpeg

Fresh and early deliveries. More jazz from Japan and Belgium!

First two are new additions to the Project Re:Vinyl serie. Found these at a French shop. Price was not the best (44,99€ each) but still cheaper than any other option and I don't have to worry about shipment, customs and all that stuff! Super happy to know that this shop may have more Japanese records from the serie (@Selaws you might want to check their webshop, they had Ryo Fukui's Sceneny and Live at NYC on stock when I went there on Saturday).

Hiromasa Suzuki + Jiro Inagaki & Big Soul Media ‎– By The Red Stream
Motohiko Hino ‎– First Album

IMG_20190930_101248.jpg

John Ghost – Airships Are Organisms is the last SdBan release! The Belgian label have been on fire recently with new releases almost every weeks or so. As they say in the press release John Ghost is ingenious and exploratory, often described as a symbiosis between the sounds of Steve Reich, John Hollenbeck, Nils Frahm and Jaga Jazzist. Highly recommended listen. Compro Oro is next and, as Glass Museum's keys told me, the duo should release their next record on the label later this year or early 2020 (FYI @Poly-Rythmo).

John Ghost – Airships Are Organisms

IMG_20190930_101317.jpg

And

Thanx for the links; I had seen the Amazon Spain one but I need it to be shipped this week cause a friend of mine is on a business trip to the USA. (Plus, it's like 10 dollars more expensive, wtf, Portugal is closer to Spain that USA)
I guess I'll buy it next year. It's not going to be out of stock soon, I think.

Record show haul from yesterday, all records were $3 or cheaper and all in really good condition. I was so engrossed with the Van Gelder stamp with The Baddest Turrentine that I didn’t realize it was a greatest hits.
kAIHFxi.jpg

IWk2jPU.jpg

They also had this WEEN dvd there that was cheaper than I’ve ever seen it—$7!!! Woohoo!
BcqaQEs.jpg

Some Amazon grabs—
e2X73Kw.jpg
I love the title of the Turrentine. So funny when you consider he has a brother (tommy) who is also a jazz musician (trumpeter). Some brotherly teasing for sure!

A54E7840-682D-4D13-B136-26DFB431B5BB.jpeg

My Beatles and GD seem to be on a UPS truck to nowhere but these showed up today.

Brittany is indie version autographed on lower right corner (shrink was torn back just enough for the signing) and it came with the limited 7” Stay High/History Repeats. $30 total 👍. Boxing could have been way better but it somehow arrived unscathed.

Another African haul. Top of the shop is Thomas Frimpong - an awesome record - but also Fela Kuti, the wonderful African Brothers Band and Opambuo, Les Volcans from Benin with Lemed Janvier, and a couple of freebies (perhaps given because the eBay seller forgot one of the LPs I bought!) The Fela isn't in great condition but the rest are.

20191001_105403.jpg

Back