Fresh Grabs

I already own a 2014 remaster of this album but after loving the 50th anniversary remix & remasters by Giles Martin of Abbey Road & White Album I felt I needed this.
I wanted the 2lp version because I love all the demos outtakes etc but it's an outrageous price unless I order from the US then its customs🤦🏻‍♂️
I took @Joe Mac advice who said the 2lp isnt really that great anyway and went for this version. With a 10 euro loyalty card full, 23 euro for this ain't bad. Cant wait to spin it 👌🏼 has anyone got the picture disc? How is it? Thanks in advance
15701179579867665648573029687429.jpg

I already own a 2014 remaster of this album but after loving the 50th anniversary remix & remasters by Giles Martin of Abbey Road & White Album I felt I needed this.
I wanted the 2lp version because I love all the demos outtakes etc but it's an outrageous price unless I order from the US then its customs🤦🏻‍♂️
I took @Joe Mac advice who said the 2lp isnt really that great anyway and went for this version. With a 10 euro loyalty card full, 23 euro for this ain't bad. Cant wait to spin it 👌🏼 has anyone got the picture disc? How is it? Thanks in advance
View attachment 18811
This mix is quite nice. 👌

View attachment 18811
I'm trying to pick this up at a good price as well 😎

So this is a big one. In my neverending aim to get first pressings of all Lee Morgans discography ( :LOL: ) I managed to get this great record. While its a shared lead title, Morgan really stands out in fine form. I mentioned to @papaharzi over in the Jazz thread that a good way to pick up decent/affordable early pressings is to seek out copies that have lower grade jackets with solid grade vinyl. This is a good example, with tape to a few sides of the jacket, but the record itself is a solid VG+ after a clean-up, at a fraction of the price compared with past sales (still not cheap but better-graded vinyl at a lower cost than others I have seen).

Al Grey, Billy Mitchell, Lee Morgan, Charlie Persip, Paul West, Billy Root, Wynton Kelly ‎– Dizzy Atmosphere (Speciality, 1957 First Mono Pressing)
IMG_7825.JPG

Thanks to @Mr Moore and his thrifty discount code, I was able to catch up on the Tone Poets by picking these up through music magpies ebay store:

Donald Byrd ‎– Chant (Blue Note, 2019 Tone Poet Series)
Stanley Turrentine ‎– Hustlin' (Blue Note, 2019 Tone Poet Series)
Andrew Hill ‎– Black Fire (Blue Note, 2019 Tone Poet Series)

IMG_7826.JPG

Back