Fresh Grabs

Neue Grafik Ensemble - Foulden Road (Total Refreshment Centre, 2019 first pressing)

Have to admit I bought this blind, only with @Mr Moore's recommendation (hes yet to dissapoint). It has contributions from some fantastic London based musicians, including Emma Jean-Thackery and Nubya Garcia, so im excited to give it a spin!
IMG_7520.JPG

Down Beat's Jazz Record Reviews Volume V & Volumes VI

I have honestly been searching for one of the books in this series for ages so im really excited to have these at last! I LOVE reading reviews from the time an album was released (especially when the critic slates an album which is now seen as having legendary status - or vice-versa). These two covers 1960 and 1961. The '60 includes black and white photos (which I didnt expect) and the '61 has sketches of jazz musicians.
IMG_7521.JPG

Neue Grafik Ensemble - Foulden Road (Total Refreshment Centre, 2019 first pressing)

Have to admit I bought this blind, only with @Mr Moore's recommendation (hes yet to dissapoint). It has contributions from some fantastic London based musicians, including Emma Jean-Thackery and Nubya Garcia, so im excited to give it a spin!
View attachment 18145

Down Beat's Jazz Record Reviews Volume V & Volumes VI

I have honestly been searching for one of the books in this series for ages so im really excited to have these at last! I LOVE reading reviews from the time an album was released (especially when the critic slates an album which is now seen as having legendary status - or vice-versa). These two covers 1960 and 1961. The '60 includes black and white photos (which I didnt expect) and the '61 has sketches of jazz musicians.
View attachment 18146

I picked it up today too! Along with 6 others. I also grabbed The House That Trane Built book for a tenner. Pix tomorrow when my lighting's better.

90390771-1D65-447B-B145-0498ECB8396A.jpeg

Two really nice condition used early vinyl presses and a preorder Rhiannon Giddens. Giddens came with a signed print.

Sadly they shipped 12x12 print separately tightly rolled it a poster tube. Not that kind of paper. Needed to be sent flat in an album mailer. Left a minor crease in pic center and a bit of edge damage where it was stuffed into tube. Grrr.

Today’s mail call.

The Drums: Brutalism

View attachment 30
I went to a holiday party a couple of years ago that they played. Never heard of them. But it was really good. Listened to some stuff the next day and wasn’t as interested to buy. But the live show was great. Very good performance

Edit: oh schnapps! Been a while since I been in this thread. You posted that a bit ago lulz

Some tasty jazz for the weeked

Hank Mobley ‎– Workout (Blue Note, 1978 Japanese King Pressing)
I got this for an absolute steal. The sale price was just £10 (although postage cost another £7.50 on top). So worth it!!!

Thelonious Monk ‎– Underground (Columbia, 1968 First Italian Pressing)

Another good deal, love this album (one of his best covers as well) and was happy to upgrade from a cheapo copy I had.

Teru Sakamoto Trio ‎– Farewell My Johnny/ Left Alone (Solid Record/Project Re:Vinyl pressing)
I bought a copy of this the other week but when I got around to playing it I saw that the wrong record was put in the wrong sleeve (it was the next one in their j-jazz series). Luckily the seller was apologetic and got this copy over to me super fast!

IMG_7537.JPG

Back