Fresh Grabs

Fresh grabs from yesterday's concert. FlyLo I was missing, plus the 2 openers, Brandom Coleman(top) and Salami Rose Joe Louis(pretty cool live, hopefully the album is good too).

View attachment 17597
Hey since you seemed to enjoy the Coleman, you might be interested to know that he’s been in the studio quite a bit this year.

Some fresh grabs from the last week or so...

IMG_20190921_122052.jpg

Donald Byrd - Chant (BN Tone Poet)
Freddie Hubbard - Open Sesame (BN 80)
Neal Francis - Changes (Gold vinyl and straight up 🔥)
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (Analogue Productions)

IMG_20190921_122028_1.jpg

Art Blakey time...now if I could only get a nice pressing of Moanin'!!

Indestructible (BN 80)
The Freedom Rider (VMP Classics)
With Thelonious Monk (early 70's Atlantic pressing)

Hey since you seemed to enjoy the Coleman, you might be interested to know that he’s been in the studio quite a bit this year.

Oh nice. Will be sure to check it out. Resistance is really good funky stuff. Plus I was awed when he opened for FlyLo the other day. He even brought him out to play and improvise something on the spot, FlyLo was on the keys. It was awesome.

Oh nice. Will be sure to check it out. Resistance is really good funky stuff. Plus I was awed when he opened for FlyLo the other day. He even brought him out to play and improvise something on the spot, FlyLo was on the keys. It was awesome.
Yeah I missed Flylo for Black Pumas here (no regrets). I’ve not seen Coleman on his own, he did play keys both times I saw Kamasi though.

My most favourite VMP box to date I think:

Eric Dolphy ‎– Out There (Prestige 70th Anniversary - VMP Exclusive Gold, red and black swirl vinyl)
Sonny Rollins ‎– Saxophone Colossus (Prestige 70th Anniversary - VMP Exclusive Blue with Black/White Marble vinyl)
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers ‎– The Freedom Rider (VMP Classics No.28)
The Roots ‎– How I Got Over (VMP Rap & Hip Hop No.25)

IMG_7381.JPG

Plus:
Doug Watkins Quintet With Yusef Lateef ‎– Soulnik (1985 Japanese pressing) Plus a BONUS Freddie Roach - Down To Earth CD
I feel kind of bad about this one. It was a bid/buy it now with offer option on ebay. The seller wanted a decent enough price for it (it's median on discogs is around the £30 mark) but I put a cheeky offer of £20 plus postage in anyway, which he messaged to say he would accept. As I was bidding on a few more of his items I wanted to wait to combine postage, and messaged him to ask if it was better for me to pay now or wait for the bundle, he never got back to me and the offer expired. It was close to ending and I didn't want to lose it so I bid and won.....for less than the £20. And to top it all off he even throws in a CD hes burned for me which was super nice (although I don't have anything to play it on).

IMG_7382.JPG

Willie Nelson ‎– Stardust (2002 Classic Records reissue, mastered by Bernie Grundman, pressed on 180gr vinyl)

IMG_20190923_114052.jpg

Camarón ‎– La Leyenda Del Tiempo (2019 Universal Music Spain reissue, remastered and pressed on 180gr lime green vinyl)
Camarón Con Tomatito ‎– París 1987 (2019 Universal Music Spain reissue, remastered and pressed on 180gr lacquered white and black etched vinyl)

IMG_20190923_114026.jpg

I've got that on the way to me too ;-) Well, at least I hope it's the vinyl. The price was so good I'm worried it might be CDs...

I bought this one from amazon us because I couldn’t find a good deal this side of the ocean. Think it was about €50 which I don’t think is that bad. Can’t wait to get it spinning later, but it looks like I have a lot of vinyl to go through the spin clean first after today!

I bought this one from amazon us because I couldn’t find a good deal this side of the ocean. Think it was about €50 which I don’t think is that bad. Can’t wait to get it spinning later, but it looks like I have a lot of vinyl to go through the spin clean first after today!
Yep worked out around same from amazon us for me great price

Back