Fresh Grabs

Yeah Man U gotta watch people with that BS. This dude I know at a shop ripped me off on a Wes Montgomery Bumpin Record he had that was actually sealed but upon further inspection when I got home, it had Tape on the cover and a spot where Tape pulled off a piece of the cover but it looked like it was part of the photo. Dude tried selling it for $90 claiming he uses Amazon for his pricing. Thank god I informed him Discogs is the recognized price source.....he’s still a POS tho and I never went back to his shop after.
That Wes Montgomery album is awesome by the way.

This week's fresh grabs:

The new Daisy Age comp Rough Trade exclusive, OG Trouble Man, 3 from the Newbury sale that I should already have owned and the Mondo Teen Spirit soundtrack, which I was very surprised to receive since their customer service told me it wouldn't ship until September 20th.
I think they made a mistake and are going to send me an extra copy which will be up for grabs on here most probably.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 19.58.25.png

Well, headed out to check out the new Polk Audio Legend line of speakers and the place didn't have them set up yet.........apparently they got them late :rolleyes:

But we did stop at a small resale shop and they did have some vinyl, dropped $20 on these OG's, all in pristine condition, no ring wear or corner dings, all with original inner sleeves and vinyl that looks like it's never been played........so the trip was a win in the long run :)
Fresh-Grabs.jpg

Happy with this one. Listed as £33, accepted my £26 offer with no haggling needed. A still sealed Connoisseur Collection issue of Walter Davis Jr.’s Davis Cup.

View attachment 16430
Ah amazing album! I have 70's reissue which gets played loads!

I was actually watching an original copy that sold on eBay last night. It was the record only, with both labels pretty much obliterated. The description was that it was covered in oil when originally found (and was still somehow given a VG+). It sold for £84.

Edit: I just checked the 'cogs and realised that the pressing I have is the second press. It appears it wasn't reissued until 13 years after its initial release!

So stoked to get that Rupa album! Numero did such a good job with their Duster reissue campaign and this following right after is way too generous. Extra shot on that supposed Bengali Tiger variant that’s really just multi-color streaks on translucent brown/orange.

0C07CDCB-565A-4EC3-B5EB-9D680172A832.jpeg

B677616E-C7A0-4955-AFD1-94B24F18235D.jpeg

The Masabumi Kikuchi album (bottom right) sounds like a 70s Miles Davis ensemble shuffled straight into an 80s recording studio decked out with a digital mixing board, and still sounding just as psychedelic and raw.

CFC86521-E108-4EA8-ABA9-3C2CD943CE3F.jpeg

Sarah Davachi’s album is as quiet and meditative as any of her work is, so I’m not sure how the vinyl will stand - but enjoying it on streaming alone was worth the purchase!!

3A874563-D5B7-4370-9D99-0EED3125CF66.jpeg

Loving that Moanin, great find there buddy!

I have that Sermon as well, really great stuff. I find that a lot of Jimmy Smith's stuff can be sound super cheap compared with a lot of Blue Notes. I often wonder if thats due to current demand (as in people finding the organ to be dated), or if it sold so well that theres an abundance of copies.

Loving that Moanin, great find there buddy!

I have that Sermon as well, really great stuff. I find that a lot of Jimmy Smith's stuff can be sound super cheap compared with a lot of Blue Notes. I often wonder if thats due to current demand (as in people finding the organ to be dated), or if it sold so well that theres an abundance of copies.
I think it is both that Jimmy sold very well at the time and that there is less demand now for his sound. I basically only buy a Jimmy Smith album if the sidemen are really good, which is definitely the case here. I bought this without even hearing it.

Back