Fresh Grabs

Well im not having a good run at all. Firstly I bought a record from discogs which should have been a 1956 mono pressing.....but when recived was actually a 1990 repress, complete with barcode and damage.

Today I have recieved 2 of the DeAGOSTINI jazz reissues (Lee Morgan - Indeed! and McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy) and they are both super damaged, with big bends in the corners and dents along the spines......not good.

View attachment 16606
img_6789-jpg.16607
View attachment 16608
Where those from the eBay seller?
Makes me fear for mine in transit across the ocean. 😞☹️

Well im not having a good run at all. Firstly I bought a record from discogs which should have been a 1956 mono pressing.....but when recived was actually a 1990 repress, complete with barcode and damage.

Today I have recieved 2 of the DeAGOSTINI jazz reissues (Lee Morgan - Indeed! and McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy) and they are both super damaged, with big bends in the corners and dents along the spines......not good.

View attachment 16606
img_6789-jpg.16607
View attachment 16608

Oh my....My ocd couldn’t handle that one.

Gotta sweet little batty...
2E400004-FFA5-4E68-8360-604E57E88CBC.jpeg

Paul Cauthen - Room 41 (cocaine white Bandcamp exclusive)

The good news first: this is record sounds great, it’s practically silent no static even on the quite parts and comes in a nice gatefold with polylined sleeve. Since it’s one of the best county albums to come out this year (though there is some stiff competition from Midland and Mike & The Moonpies) I am pleased with the purchase overall. The one bummer was there is a significant warp which is unfortunate. I could tell there was probably gonna be an issue just from the way the shipping box looked as I brought it into the house. That being said, it has no effect on the audio and when clamped down the wave is significantly neutralized.

EDIT: Well, while side A was helped by the clamp, side B unfortunately doesn’t get the same benefit (it’s kinda dished). I emailed the label. Hopefully I can get a flat copy.

Last edited:

View attachment 16606
img_6789-jpg.16607
View attachment 16608
Just a follow up in case anyone is thinking of buying through the 'Barking_Bargains' ebay. I messaged them last night with the photos attached and received a really apologetic email. He acknowledged that it must have been roughly handled during packing, and is sending me out 2 replacements.

What are the DeAGOSTINI reissues @Selaws is this a current issue? Are these worth picking up (when not damaged :p)
So they dont actually sell them anymore. Its an old monthly subscription service/magazine which reissued classic jazz records. Apparently the quality is really good, and they can be picked up super cheap on ebay (£10). When buying on ebay its worth mentioning that in most cases its just the record, but some do actually have the magazine included.

So they dont actually sell them anymore. Its an old monthly subscription service/magazine which reissued classic jazz records. Apparently the quality is really good, and they can be picked up super cheap on ebay (£10). When buying on ebay its worth mentioning that in most cases its just the record, but some do actually have the magazine included.

is it this series? Vinyles De Jazz

I'll have to take a look, if they sound good I'll be happy to pick some of them up.

is it this series? Vinyles De Jazz

I'll have to take a look, if they sound good I'll be happy to pick some of them up.
I actually think its this - Jazz at 33 1/3

Heres the guy I bought 2 off, I believe @Mr Moore bought from him as well.
barking*bargains on eBay

I think they were released in different territories under different names. The U.K. version from a few years ago is the Jazz at 33 1/3 branding. Their website suggests it is still available although the shop section has been out of service for at least a week.

I think they were released in different territories under different names. The U.K. version from a few years ago is the Jazz at 33 1/3 branding. Their website suggests it is still available although the shop section has been out of service for at least a week.

Yep! In France it was Vinyles de Jazz.

Back