Fresh Grabs

hF1EDiF.jpg

Supposedly a sealed 1967 press of this album. I blame this buy on you @johnpisme
c3RM724.jpg

hF1EDiF.jpg

Supposedly a sealed 1967 press of this album. I blame this buy on you @johnpisme
c3RM724.jpg

Yeah Man U gotta watch people with that BS. This dude I know at a shop ripped me off on a Wes Montgomery Bumpin Record he had that was actually sealed but upon further inspection when I got home, it had Tape on the cover and a spot where Tape pulled off a piece of the cover but it looked like it was part of the photo. Dude tried selling it for $90 claiming he uses Amazon for his pricing. Thank god I informed him Discogs is the recognized price source.....he’s still a POS tho and I never went back to his shop after.

I just heard about that Art Pepper biography somewhere...maybe it was you on instagram haha. It's on my list of books to read...have to get through Miles' autobiography first and then the Blue Note Uncompromising expressions book.
I think we saw the same. For months DJPari has been sharing snippets in his instagram story but never actually said what it was. I bought an OG press of 'Meets the Rhythm Section' and have also been streaming Art Pepper solid for the past few weeks, so I decided to pick up the book. All the reviews for it were really great, and there was a few mentions of it being one of the best jazz autobiographies.

I just heard about that Art Pepper biography somewhere...maybe it was you on instagram haha. It's on my list of books to read...have to get through Miles' autobiography first and then the Blue Note Uncompromising expressions book.
I just heard about the Art Pepper bio somewhere too! It must be going around in the jazz zeitgeist right now? I bought it on amazon yesterday!

Well, obviously not an original but it has a “Van Gelder” stamp. Should I say something?
k8GkBT5.jpg

Oh, and that’s my black puma Moon enjoying Black Pumas. 😍
I would definitely say something if they were selling that as an OG blue note and it is actually a white B label. White B's generally sound pretty damn amazing as long as they have a VAN GELDER stamp, but OG copies generally sound a bit better and, more importantly, cost more. I'd be asking for money back if I bought something at an OG price. Definitely look up what the white B version goes for versus what you paid.

Man, Amazon just threw these in a box with one strip of those air bubble packets. Arrived unscathed amazingly enough. Not one corner ding. Now that’s some premium packaging. Love these Tone Poets.
UqmLvYT.jpg

I would definitely say something if they were selling that as an OG blue note and it is actually a white B label. White B's generally sound pretty damn amazing as long as they have a VAN GELDER stamp, but OG copies generally sound a bit better and, more importantly, cost more. I'd be asking for money back if I bought something at an OG price. Definitely look up what the white B version goes for versus what you paid.
I went back and looked. He posted the record under the original press, or rather one of two listings for the original. However, somewhere towards the end of the description it said it was a repress although he was unsure of which.

I paid $40, which might be a little much, but I’m sort of fine with it. *shrugs*

And it does sound good. Really underrated Jazz Messengers album, (or underlooked?). You were right. 👍

Man, Amazon just threw these in a box with one strip of those air bubble packets. Arrived unscathed amazingly enough. Not one corner ding. Now that’s some premium packaging. Love these Tone Poets.
UqmLvYT.jpg

I went back and looked. He posted the record under the original press, or rather one of two listings for the original. However, somewhere towards the end of the description it said it was a repress although he was unsure of which.

I paid $40, which might be a little much, but I’m sort of fine with it. *shrugs*

And it does sound good. Really underrated Jazz Messengers album, (or underlooked?). You were right. 👍
My Tone Poets only shipped today!

You should make a discogs listing for your Witch Doctor. There doesn't appear to be a listing for the white B yet.

My Tone Poets only shipped today!

You should make a discogs listing for your Witch Doctor. There doesn't appear to be a listing for the white B yet.
I noticed that.
Not sure how, but I could attempt that tomorrow.
Like, it’d be my photos right?

And man this Hustlin’ release is 👌

Last edited:
Back