Everything Video Games!

Bought Atomic Heart yesterday - as it reminded me a lot of Bioshock.

Haven't started playing it yet, though.

guess what guys. i’m gonna start playing hades. it will probably not go well but at least there is an easy mode.

also does anyone want to be switch friends? i’m not sure exactly what games i have that can be played together other than the latest tmnt, i think. i mostly just play my little logic and puzzle games.

Baba Is You is my favorite with Bonfire Peaks in 2nd. i basically have had to start over cause i played all of Baba on my exes switch, and a lot of Bonfire Peaks too. see also, Obra Dynn (sp?), The Witness, and Inscryption, but i’m not sure those are on switch, cause i played them on his steam account, which my 2015 macbook can not fuckin’ handle (especially since i’m still running high sierra 😭).

i wish there was a market for watching people play puzzle logic games on twitch. but you’d probably have to be super stoned to stay invested.

I started Disco Elysium yesterday... I had stayed away from any spoilers or anything as the game garnered so much praise I wanted to go into it blind. It's weird, so far... they don't hold your hand with the mechanics, that's for sure. It's feeling like a point and click with a healthy mix of Wasteland. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it yet.

I started Disco Elysium yesterday... I had stayed away from any spoilers or anything as the game garnered so much praise I wanted to go into it blind. It's weird, so far... they don't hold your hand with the mechanics, that's for sure. It's feeling like a point and click with a healthy mix of Wasteland. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it yet.
Not to bias you one way or the other, but it's one of my favorite games of all time. 😬

Not to bias you one way or the other, but it's one of my favorite games of all time. 😬
it's a game I've been very curious about for a long time... and since getting Game Pass it's just been sitting there in my library, but with my current giant backlog of unplayed Switch and Xbox games (not to mention my out of nowhere deep dive into retro emulation and Pico-8 stuff) I have a bit of hesitation on starting a 40 hour game that I'm curious about.

I don't think it's for everyone, but if you relish good writing and worldbuilding I think it's arguably the best-written game ever made, and the core mechanical conceit (manifesting different aspects of your psyche as independent personalities which make visible and invisible skill rolls throughout the game, argue with one another, and attempt to influence your action) is fascinating, entertaining, and insightful.

Anyone play Gotham Knights?

I just got around to starting it.

Any suggestions on characters? I am really a fan of the Arkham series and from what I read of character descriptions Nightwing - with acrobatic enemy-juggling - sounds like the closest to Batman's fighting style. Red Hood - brawling; Robin - gadget and stealth heavy; Batgirl - tech and kind of a medium between Robin & Nightwing.

Heard that Red Hood and Batgirl are the most fun for solo play, but I do have an inclination that Nightwing may be best for my play style

I started with Red Hood (literally did the opening Langstrom mission and rode around on the bat-cycle a bit - better than Arkham Knights batmobile). Brawling potential seems fun, not sure how I like the ranged aspect; doesn't feel fluid but I don't know how the skill tree will build.

Suggestion I saw was to not try and play all four characters in one game - just retard your skill trees too much - but rather one or two. I'm thinking of Red Hood and Nightwing. Or maybe Red Hood and Batgirl. Robin seems the least fun, for me, but I may be wrong.

So I'm having a good time playing Atomic Heart.

It's a good Bioshock-type FPS. Very hard at first - and you die a lot with the mix of fighting and puzzles.

Also - I need to replay Disco Elysium again - I started and played a good handful of hours, but moved on to another game and forgot the story.

Still trying to figure out how to access the DLC story in Pokemon Violet. I know you have to start the "treasure hunt" to access the new area. But I have no idea how to do that and I have been trying to figure it out for a couple days. Time to find a google video.

Back