Everything Video Games!

Finished Dark Souls 2 last weekend. At some point I got really gud, but mainly just upgraded my weapons an armor to their max and it was a breeze. Surprisingly the Craftmans's Hammer was my go to for most of the game. I liked how it was not massive, quick to swing, and never breaks. I tried out a couple of special weapons but hated how they worked even if they caused greater damange. They either broke too easily or were just too large and heavy when the Craftman's Hammer is only 3 weight. I tried the Crown of the Sunken King DLC but the boss battles were annoying and almost made me want to give up. I finished that DLC but I think I'm good on DS2 for now.

On the other hand, I started Dark Souls 3 and it's kicking my ass. Not really the bosses, but the general environment and normal enemies are much more viscious and do much more damage than DS2. It feels more similar to DS1 than DS2 did. If I don't methodically kill each enemy one by one I'm fucked. Which is super annoying when I try to rush to an area to pick up my souls. I've been less successful doing that and end up losing several thousand souls. Within the first hour, I died by accidentally rolling off a cliff outside Firelink Shrine after beating the beginning boss. So, because of those lost souls I feel underleveled at about 5 hours in. I'm playing as a Pyromancer, which is pretty sweet but I've been hacking and slashing it until I find some newer better pyros and level up some more. Plus you cannot upgrade armor in DS3 so I have been taking a lot of damage still using the starting armor with a low carry weight.

One thing I liked about DS2 was after 15 kills of an enemy they'd disappear. It made returning to areas easy. Plus I struggled hard with Dead Man's Wharf since there is only one bonfire. After a few runs deeper into it the starting enemies were gone. That was nice. Also in DS2 levels were like candy, they were practically giving them away. I found a ring which gives you bonus souls with each enemy killed but I still feel like everything is tougher.
DS3 is high up on my list of games to start. Only because I'm holding off playing Elden Ring until I finish all the Dark Souls games, and I really want to play Elden Ring!

DS3 is high up on my list of games to start. Only because I'm holding off playing Elden Ring until I finish all the Dark Souls games, and I really want to play Elden Ring!
I started with Elden Ring based purely on the insane hype about a month before release date. It was the first game I've paid full price for in at least 10 years. Then I've been working my way backwards through 1, 2, and now 3. Maybe I'll replay Elden Ring after? It's totally worth a second run.

I started with Elden Ring based purely on the insane hype about a month before release date. It was the first game I've paid full price for in at least 10 years. Then I've been working my way backwards through 1, 2, and now 3. Maybe I'll replay Elden Ring after? It's totally worth a second run.
Have you played Bloodborne? That's probably my favorite of all those games.

Finished Dark Souls 2 last weekend. At some point I got really gud, but mainly just upgraded my weapons an armor to their max and it was a breeze. Surprisingly the Craftmans's Hammer was my go to for most of the game. I liked how it was not massive, quick to swing, and never breaks. I tried out a couple of special weapons but hated how they worked even if they caused greater damange. They either broke too easily or were just too large and heavy when the Craftman's Hammer is only 3 weight. I tried the Crown of the Sunken King DLC but the boss battles were annoying and almost made me want to give up. I finished that DLC but I think I'm good on DS2 for now.

On the other hand, I started Dark Souls 3 and it's kicking my ass. Not really the bosses, but the general environment and normal enemies are much more viscious and do much more damage than DS2. It feels more similar to DS1 than DS2 did. If I don't methodically kill each enemy one by one I'm fucked. Which is super annoying when I try to rush to an area to pick up my souls. I've been less successful doing that and end up losing several thousand souls. Within the first hour, I died by accidentally rolling off a cliff outside Firelink Shrine after beating the beginning boss. So, because of those lost souls I feel underleveled at about 5 hours in. I'm playing as a Pyromancer, which is pretty sweet but I've been hacking and slashing it until I find some newer better pyros and level up some more. Plus you cannot upgrade armor in DS3 so I have been taking a lot of damage still using the starting armor with a low carry weight.

One thing I liked about DS2 was after 15 kills of an enemy they'd disappear. It made returning to areas easy. Plus I struggled hard with Dead Man's Wharf since there is only one bonfire. After a few runs deeper into it the starting enemies were gone. That was nice. Also in DS2 levels were like candy, they were practically giving them away. I found a ring which gives you bonus souls with each enemy killed but I still feel like everything is tougher.

I played through 3 for the first time a couple months back. Had a similar experience - bosses were mostly pretty easy, getting TO the boss was the real challenge.

Have you played Bloodborne? That's probably my favorite of all those games.
Just started replaying this one myself the other day. I got through the first several story bosses, but then never finished it. Started over for this playthrough, and most recent thing I did was beat Father Gasciogne (sp). Really struggled with him first time I tried to play, beat him first try this time. Elden Ring really got me to git gud. Forgot how much I love the atmosphere of this game, looking forward to getting through it. Quick question, I don't have the DLC, when should I pick it up? I watched Alex from Super Beard Bros. attempt Orphan of Kos a billion times, and I want to see if I can do it. Not anywhere close level wise yet, just wondering if there's a story related point I should go through it.

What games are you excited to try?

Horizon Call of the Mountain first. Came with my Bundle and am downloading it now. About an hour left on that download. I have been looking forward to this game and it was what made me say I want this VR system.

Don't have any other games yet. But here is a short list of games I might be interested in checking out.
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy Edge
  • Altair Breaker
  • Moss 1
  • Moss 2
  • Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistolwhip
  • Unplugged Air Guitar
Any thoughts / suggestions?

Horizon Call of the Mountain first. Came with my Bundle and am downloading it now. About an hour left on that download.

Don't have any other games yet. But here is a short list of games I might be interested in checking out.
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Altair Breaker
  • Moss 1
  • Moss 2
  • Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistolwhip
  • Unplugged Air Guitar
Beat Saber for sure.
If you like racing at all Gran Turismo 7 is supposed to be amazing.
The Room VR: A Dark Matter is a great puzzle game.
If you have people to play with Star Trek: Bridge Crew is a really cool experience, especially if you like Star Trek at all.

Horizon Call of the Mountain first. Came with my Bundle and am downloading it now. About an hour left on that download. I have been looking forward to this game and it was what made me say I want this VR system.

• Resident Evil Village
  • Altair Breaker
  • Moss 1
  • Moss 2
  • Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistolwhip
  • Unplugged Air Guitar

I played through 3 for the first time a couple months back. Had a similar experience - bosses were mostly pretty easy, getting TO the boss was the real challenge.

Just started replaying this one myself the other day. I got through the first several story bosses, but then never finished it. Started over for this playthrough, and most recent thing I did was beat Father Gasciogne (sp). Really struggled with him first time I tried to play, beat him first try this time. Elden Ring really got me to git gud. Forgot how much I love the atmosphere of this game, looking forward to getting through it. Quick question, I don't have the DLC, when should I pick it up? I watched Alex from Super Beard Bros. attempt Orphan of Kos a billion times, and I want to see if I can do it. Not anywhere close level wise yet, just wondering if there's a story related point I should go through it.
It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I didn't play through the DLC until after beating the main game. I definitely did it though as I have all the trophies for it.

• Resident Evil Village
  • Altair Breaker
  • Moss 1
  • Moss 2
  • Kayak VR Mirage
  • Pistolwhip
  • Unplugged Air Guitar
I have PSVR and I don't know if PSVR2 is fully backwards compatible but Astrobot Rescue Mission, Beat Saber, and Wipeout Omega Collection are my favourites. Wipeout is incredible, easily my favourite of the 3, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes before feeling sick. I've been meaning to try Borderlands VR for a while but I don't have a convenient space for VR anymore.

I have PSVR and I don't know if PSVR2 is fully backwards compatible but Astrobot Rescue Mission, Beat Saber, and Wipeout Omega Collection are my favourites. Wipeout is incredible, easily my favourite of the 3, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes before feeling sick. I've been meaning to try Borderlands VR for a while but I don't have a convenient space for VR anymore.

The PSVR2 is a complete new system. Vast improvements. No backwards compatibility.

Back