Everything Video Games!

Hey, most of the early VR headsets were OLED. So was the Oculus Quest!

Interesting. The OLED was something I have seen pointed out in many of the review videos. But I guess because the Quest 2 or the Pro have LCD and that's what they are comparing it too.

Interesting. The OLED was something I have seen pointed out in many of the review videos. But I guess because the Quest 2 or the Pro have LCD and that's what they are comparing it too.
Yeah, it may be the only current-model consumer headset using OLED. At the moment you have to go relatively high-end. But OLED was much more common early on.

Yeah, it may be the only current-model consumer headset using OLED. At the moment you have to go relatively high-end. But OLED was much more common early on.

I wonder if the higher resolutions are why OLED went out of favor on consumer headsets (costs).

I don't have PS4/PS5 but that State Of Play was kind of weak. Capcom brought heat, some cool looking VR2 stuff, Tchia looks cool and is coming to PS+ but other than that not sure what looked great... Suicide Squad looked fine but I think expectations where higher than that

edit: Humanity has potential to be something special, but couldn't really grasp what the game was from the trailer

I don't have PS4/PS5 but that State Of Play was kind of weak. Capcom brought heat, some cool looking VR2 stuff, Tchia looks cool and is coming to PS+ but other than that not sure what looked great... Suicide Squad looked fine but I think expectations where higher than that

edit: Humanity has potential to be something special, but couldn't really grasp what the game was from the trailer
Really surprised Suicide Squad is going down the games as a service model considering how poorly Gotham Knights performed.

Devs still on this trend need to let the genre go. No one really wants it anymore.

Pretty sure a State of Play was not the time or place for a mini documentary on Suicide Squad. It felt like a hostage situation wondering if there were any more announcements/features to follow it.

Sony's marketing department falling short, I didn't even know there WAS a State of Play. Usually get at least an email about it.

I clearly have trained my YouTube algorithm to let me know when videogame shit like this is happening.. ha ha

I even subscribe to the channel this state of play was on. And it never made my feed. Sure, if I went under subscriptions I could find it. But never showed up on my feed or home page.

I even subscribe to the channel this state of play was on. And it never made my feed. Sure, if I went under subscriptions I could find it. But never showed up on my feed or home page.
A couple channels I subscribe to usually live commentate stuff like this, didn't even see them post until after the fact.

apparently the physical copies for this one have been completely sold out everywhere for no reason at all. i was hoping to just walk into the mall and get one there but now im left without that option atm

looks like it’s still out of stock everywhere for the most part, but i randomly found one single copy at my nearest walmart when i went out for groceries today, so ofc i had to buy it immediately

79785528-41B2-4F2A-9A14-84702FC811B6.jpeg

Noticed today that I have a pixel stuck on / white on the right eye. Never noticed it during Horizon, but it's very noticeable in Kayak VR, especially when Kayaking at night.

Speaking of Kayak VR. There are some very vivid and beautiful worlds that are full of life. For example, when you are in the Arctic there are fish, penguins, seagulls, orca and more.

Guided tour mode is where you are just along for the ride. No controllers required. You just ride through the world with zen music looking around.

Fee exploring has the same music, but you have to paddle and you can go anywhere you want. I found that paddle for long periods of times tiring of the arms. I also found it gave me motion sickness very quickly. I found that when I am paddling I needed to disable "orientate headset with Kayak". The headset moving left to right with each paddle when my head was't was strange. By disabling this I was good to go. No more motion sickness. That mode might be best for guided tour mode where you just go for the ride. Without it you when the kayak turns you don't. so you have to keep turning your body.

seems like Xbox is trying to give these away while never really budging on the Series X prices.

I was very late to the game with the One X, only getting one in 2019, and I'll probably be late to the game with Series X when they eventually drop to $400 or less.
I got the Series S around the $250 mark and it's a great deal.. that said its already showing it's shortcomings with certain games, which sort of has me wishing I got the Series X instead. but for $150 a Series S is a steal

I got the Series S around the $250 mark and it's a great deal.. that said its already showing it's shortcomings with certain games, which sort of has me wishing I got the Series X instead. but for $150 a Series S is a steal
I started playing the new A Plague Tale game on my One X after it released. It plays it "from the cloud" so it would quickly buffer, loading new textures in real time. Could have been my internet being a little slower, but it was annoying. Not unplayable but it was super distracting. It made me feel the limitations of the system.

Back