Everything Video Games!

I think you meant Pikmin 4, which comes out in July. Prime 4's release is nebulous. But yeah, they HAVE to have something decently sized they haven't announced yet... right?
I forgot Pikmin was July and not June. I meant no non-DLC games scheduled for the latter half of the year, aside from Prime 4, which, as you say, is…ambiguous.

I think you meant Pikmin 4, which comes out in July. Prime 4's release is nebulous. But yeah, they HAVE to have something decently sized they haven't announced yet... right?
I certainly think so. Why else shadow drop Prime remastered in feb? Unless they are collecting the money now bc it’s dry later lol

I have never played Fortnight so no. Is it really something I should reconsidered?

Also, is it true that if you play casually your are just going to get your ass handed to you by 12 year olds who ruin all the fun?
I can't believe I love Fortnite. I definitely was certain it was some dumb game for 12-year-olds, but my husband started playing last year. After a little while I wanted to try it out and now I'm kind of addicted? I suck at games: I'm terrible at using controllers and controlling characters and yet I win pretty often.

Y'all it's been 6 years since Odyssey, we ever gettin another Mario game??
Did you play Bowser’s Fury? It’s too short to make it worth the full price, but if you can borrow or get it for cheap it works as Odyssey methadone (I borrowed it from my local library and beat it within a week).

I played through Odyssey three times, the last one to get every single power moon. I know this is old news but damn those last few moons were quite challenging.

Diablo IV beta. You can get a code for PC, XBox or PS5 by buying a chicken sandwich at KFC. It doesn't have to be the double down one. I bought the cheapest one ($2.15).

Promo good through 3/18. Beta starts 3/17/2023.

A beta promotion with access through buying a chicken sandwich seems odd to me.

I can't believe I love Fortnite. I definitely was certain it was some dumb game for 12-year-olds, but my husband started playing last year. After a little while I wanted to try it out and now I'm kind of addicted? I suck at games: I'm terrible at using controllers and controlling characters and yet I win pretty often.
I spent my high school and college days playing a ton of CoD and Halo, then took a long time away from most multiplayer shooters. I can say Fortnite is oddly refreshing, especially after they added the no build modes. Never got the hang of the building. Also fun because I can play with my son, and we play infrequently enough that it's fun to jump in an see what kooky stuff they added to the game since last time.

Diablo IV beta. You can get a code for PC, XBox or PS5 by buying a chicken sandwich at KFC. It doesn't have to be the double down one. I bought the cheapest one ($2.15).

Don't bury the lede: the Double Down's back?!? 👀

In light of recent news of an Elden Ring DLC, do folks here think it'd be worth it to roll a new character to experience said DLC? My main/only character is in NG+3, so I imagine it might be less fun to face the new bosses upscaled (or myself being OP, since my Comet Azur is a dang powerhouse).
I think I might do a fresh run close to whatever release date we get; it might just be a good experience to move through the game fresh once more.

In light of recent news of an Elden Ring DLC, do folks here think it'd be worth it to roll a new character to experience said DLC? My main/only character is in NG+3, so I imagine it might be less fun to face the new bosses upscaled (or myself being OP, since my Comet Azur is a dang powerhouse).
I think I might do a fresh run close to whatever release date we get; it might just be a good experience to move through the game fresh once more.
I was literally playing Elden Ring yesterday and had this exact thought. My original run I was level 200 because I really wanted to try out some new weapons so I farmed souls for a long time. I'm currently about halfway through a NG+1 and I'm severely overleveled. I did discover a new area in the underground because I easily beat an optional boss I could never beat before. My guess is that the DLC should scale to whatever run through that you are on. However, I'll still be overleveled unless I don't spend souls to level up and make it to like NG+3 or 4 to match where I should be. So starting a new character for a bit to get more of challenge on the DLC would be a better decision IMO.

If anyone wants to hook up a vegetarian with an Xbox code 💜

How did I miss that this trailer was released. And 8 months ago a that!

The current expected release is targeted for Q4 2023, but I have heard a lot of people say they wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to 2024 or 2025 based on how the the first remake went, which was originally suppose to release in 2015 but didn't actually end up coming out until 2020, a whole 5 years later.

Anyone here try the Diablo IV open beta yet?

I can't get it to connect to BattleNet to start the game. It just keeps failing with "Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)."

Edit. Found the answer on Reddit. The issue is the game servers aren't live yet. In North America they go lie at 9:00am PDT. Or Noon my time.

I only remember reading 9:00am and never a time zone initially. Me like much of the internet assumed 9:00am Eastern Time

Last edited:
Just got my Battlenet login figured out - haven't used it in years.

I also pre-ordered Diablo 4 and downloading the beta now. I watched some streams on Youtube today and while the game looked great - it is still a beta with it's issues - the biggest being the wait queue....and random kicks from the server.

EDIT - First time attempting to log in to the Beta and there was a ~71 minute queue. I have other things I need/can do than sit here waiting for the game to start up - and end up missing it trying to do something else.

I'll wait until later tonight to see if it's a bit faster to get on.

Last edited:
Logged in about 10:30 and the queue was only 2 minutes, so it looks like they fixed some issues with that.

Played for about an hour and a half - so far in the beginning it plays like a Diablo game.

Back