Everything Video Games!

Finshed Dark Souls 3 yesterday. It was pretty good overall. I played as a Pyromancer which got better as I went because my pyros started to be more powerful as I leveled up. Early on I was too reliant on a sword and sheild until I had more Ashen Estus flasks so I could use pyros more often. Pyromancy was fun, but it was a glass cannon because I couldn't wear armor that was that good. So I tried to not take damage and just launch attacks from a distance.

Main game bosses were mostly easy. I struggled hard with Dragonslayer Armour because his area is small and I kept getting greedy. When I encountered him again in the DLC he was super easy. Also, I couldn't use either of the two summons because I hadn't progressed in each NPCs quests. That's another thing that bugged me about DS3 compared to DS2. DS2 always had summons available and it didn't matter if you did a quest to get it. I came upon too many bosses in DS3 where I had no summon because I didn't know I was supposed to do something to get them. As for the other bosses, Nameless King was mostly easy, just takes patience to dodge, and know when to attack. Soul of Cinder was surprisingly easy, I beat him in only 5 attempts and almost on the first try when I completely forgot to change rings so I was at a disadvantage to begin with.

The DLCs were decent. Each one felt like an extension of the base game. The first one was easier since I played it overleveled but the bosses were still tough. Sister Frede was HARD. Took me maybe 20 tries and I tried about 3 different combinations of tactics and attacks before I got it. The Ringed City DLC was tough, the standard enemies were tough. There were some very quick enemies that made fighting them as a Pyromancer impossible so I just looted items and took off past them. Slave Knight Gael was HARD, but it took patience like with Nameless King. Darkeater Midir can fuck right off. They're resistant to fire and dark so I'm fucked. I tried the Pestilent Mist method to eat away his health but only ever got him down to 25% before I get one shot killed in his second phase. I've attempted that boss about 30 times and I think I'm done. I don't need to beat him, I'm good.

Also, after about 10 hours into the game I turned off Online Mode because FUCK PVP INVADERS. I just want to play a solo, single player game. I don't want some rando coming in and fucking everything up. I don't understand why people do that. I thought I'd have missed the messages and clues after turning offline but I didn't. I was significantly better after that change.

I still think I liked DS2 better than DS3 overall. DS2 had less invaders, easier bosses, easier regions and standard enemies. I liked the level designs of DS3 better than DS2. Magic was better in DS3 but I think Elden Ring perfected it with Sorceries and Incantations. It seems silly to have separate Pyromancies and Miracles in DS3, combining them was the right way to go. Darks Souls 3 is good. If I were to give it a score, it would be very similar to DS2, but I liked some things in DS2 just a little bit better.

Next, I need to re-attempt DS1 with a much better build. There was no respec and I accidentally killed the first bonfire and an NPC early on so my experience was miserable.

My ranking of From games I've played would probably go:
  1. Elden Ring
  2. Dark Souls 2
  3. Dark Souls 3
  4. Dark Souls 1

Last edited:
idk it depends on what else is left in the tank for this year. off to a booming start. I feel there would need to be a bigger downer year to transition to the switch successor.

Supply chain rumors are that the next generation switch is expected in 2024.

The Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC also contained code references to a new switch which proved that it's next generation and not an incremental model update.

I bet the Mario announcement comes with the next gen console announcement and they release together.

The Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC also contained code references to a new switch which proved that it's next generation and not an incremental model update.

I bet the Mario announcement comes with the next gen console announcement and they release together.
wouldn't be the first of either type of rumors. maybe Pokemon should fix their crap before they focus on next gen lol

That's what I'm thinking as well 🙂

I think we get something this Fall, maybe? Nintendo's docket is pretty empty after summer.

In the link I shared above, it's confirmed that there will be no new Mario games in 2023. That they are always working on the Mario franchise and are looking for the appropriate time to announce the next game. Which probably hints they are waiting on another announcement, like a new switch.

Finshed Dark Souls 3 yesterday. It was pretty good overall. I played as a Pyromancer which got better as I went because my pyros started to be more powerful as I leveled up. Early on I was too reliant on a sword and sheild until I had more Ashen Estus flasks so I could use pyros more often. Pyromancy was fun, but it was a glass cannon because I couldn't wear armor that was that good. So I tried to not take damage and just launch attacks from a distance.

Main game bosses were mostly easy. I struggled hard with Dragonslayer Armour because his area is small and I kept getting greedy. When I encountered him again in the DLC he was super easy. Also, I couldn't use either of the two summons because I hadn't progressed in each NPCs quests. That's another thing that bugged me about DS3 compared to DS2. DS2 always had summons available and it didn't matter if you did a quest to get it. I came upon too many bosses in DS3 where I had no summon because I didn't know I was supposed to do something to get them. As for the other bosses, Nameless King was mostly easy, just takes patience to dodge, and know when to attack. Soul of Cinder was surprisingly easy, I beat him in only 5 attempts and almost on the first try when I completely forgot to change rings so I was at a disadvantage to begin with.

The DLCs were decent. Each one felt like an extension of the base game. The first one was easier since I played it overleveled but the bosses were still tough. Sister Frede was HARD. Took me maybe 20 tries and I tried about 3 different combinations of tactics and attacks before I got it. The Ringed City DLC was tough, the standard enemies were tough. There were some very quick enemies that made fighting them as a Pyromancer impossible so I just looted items and took off past them. Slave Knight Gael was HARD, but it took patience like with Nameless King. Darkeater Midir can fuck right off. They're resistant to fire and dark so I'm fucked. I tried the Pestilent Mist method to eat away his health but only ever got him down to 25% before I get one shot killed in his second phase. I've attempted that boss about 30 times and I think I'm done. I don't need to beat him, I'm good.

Also, after about 10 hours into the game I turned off Online Mode because FUCK PVP INVADERS. I just want to play a solo, single player game. I don't want some rando coming in and fucking everything up. I don't understand why people do that. I thought I'd have missed the messages and clues after turning offline but I didn't. I was significantly better after that change.

I still think I liked DS2 better than DS3 overall. DS2 had less invaders, easier bosses, easier regions and standard enemies. I liked the level designs of DS3 better than DS2. Magic was better in DS3 but I think Elden Ring perfected it with Sorceries and Incantations. It seems silly to have separate Pyromancies and Miracles in DS3, combining them was the right way to go. Darks Souls 3 is good. If I were to give it a score, it would be very similar to DS2, but I liked some things in DS2 just a little bit better.

Next, I need to re-attempt DS1 with a much better build. There was no respec and I accidentally killed the first bonfire and an NPC early on so my experience was miserable.

My ranking of From games I've played would probably go:
  1. Elden Ring
  2. Dark Souls 2
  3. Dark Souls 3
  4. Dark Souls 1
Really think you’d like Bloodborne if you ever get a chance to play it. It’s such a solid experience.

Any plans to play Sekiro?

They've got nothing on the docket past June except Prime 4, which doesn't even have a date.

It's...suspicious.
I think you meant Pikmin 4, which comes out in July. Prime 4's release is nebulous. But yeah, they HAVE to have something decently sized they haven't announced yet... right?

Back