Everything Video Games!

It's a game where you crash land on a (mostly) water planet with nothing and you have to survive and gather materials and equipment and stuff to try to get off. I guess Minecraft is sorta similar in that way, but also very different, since you don't build stuff with blocks and there is a plot. If anyone else can think of similar survival games, I'd love to hear as well, as I really enjoyed Subnautica.

Bummer that the controls were frustrating on Outer Wilds. I only played on PC and didn't know that was an issue with the consoles. I only remember it being slightly finicky on PC.
Ah interesting that kinda sounds like the Long Dark which is the only game my girlfriend plays on my Xbox. It’s like a survival game and you have to gather supplies in a cold wilderness and try and survive for as long as possible.

It may not be that finicky, I could just be impatient lol

Celeste is also included in a 1300 indie game bundle for $5 (minimum) for another 2 days via itch.io. (PC only.)

It'a already raised over $6M for the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund and Community Bail Fund.

I grabbed this bundle today, any recommendations outside of Celeste and Night in the Woods? Tanglewood looks cool.

I grabbed this bundle today, any recommendations outside of Celeste and Night in the Woods? Tanglewood looks cool.
I think the only one I've played besides Celeste is Minit, which was pretty great. There's a few articles by the usual game sites recommending games from the bundle, so I'll check those out too.

Oxenfree, Overland, A Short Hike, seem commonly reccomended.

I think the only one I've played besides Celeste is Minit, which was pretty great. There's a few articles by the usual game sites recommending games from the bundle, so I'll check those out too.

Oxenfree, Overland, A Short Hike, seem commonly reccomended.

Everything you mentioned is great. I've also downloaded a few others that look fun/intriguing:

Octodad/Dadliest Catch
Forma.8
Runner3
Golf Peaks
Trawl
Voyageur
Pikuniku
From Orbit
Quiet as a Stone
ISLANDS: Non-Places

Paging through a zillion indie games and asset packs and soundtracks and TTRPGs brought me back to the days of CD-ROM Shareware collections, in a way that was strange and exciting.

Everything you mentioned is great. I've also downloaded a few others that look fun/intriguing:

Octodad/Dadliest Catch
Forma.8
Runner3
Golf Peaks
Trawl
Voyageur
Pikuniku
From Orbit
Quiet as a Stone
ISLANDS: Non-Places

Paging through a zillion indie games and asset packs and soundtracks and TTRPGs brought me back to the days of CD-ROM Shareware collections, in a way that was strange and exciting.
I got it as well. Currently only have a Mac, so my options might be a bit more limited. Was tempted to build a gaming PC next year, but a PS5 is tempting...

I got it as well. Currently only have a Mac, so my options might be a bit more limited. Was tempted to build a gaming PC next year, but a PS5 is tempting...

If recent tech reports are to be believed, the next gen consoles will exceed current PC hardware (until RDNA2/Ampere releases and SSD's catch up) due to them using a lot of proprietary hardware. They'll also be under half the price of a competitive PC build!

If recent tech reports are to be believed, the next gen consoles will exceed current PC hardware (until RDNA2/Ampere releases and SSD's catch up) due to them using a lot of proprietary hardware. They'll also be under half the price of a competitive PC build!
I like the PS exclusives, so it’ll be a definite, but maybe after a year or so. I quite fancy doing some proper emulation, so a gaming PC might happen over time. Don’t need anything chunky for MAME, but for newer stuff I might need something fast.

Session, a skateboarding sim game, got a 2 hour preview on xbox this weekend and goes early access this week. I've been a weekly Skate 3 player for 10 years now so I am extremely biased but I had a ton of fun. It's an entirely new control scheme and is super rewarding once you get the hang of it. Not sure if a majority of that comes from me being a skateboarder and enjoying the chase of trying something over and over until you get it or not but curious if anyone else has given this a shot, know it's been on pc for a bit.

Between this, Skater XL next month and then Tony Hawk later this year, the drought of skateboarding games seems to be coming to an end.
EA just teased a new Skate project on EA Play Live. Said super early, no details. Hopefully not a mobile game or something.

Seems this team helped a little bit with Battlefront 2 and when EA dissolved BioWare Montreal for Andromedas poor reception, whoever they kept became part of Motive. $40 price point... I’ll probably check it out.

@Delta Don I remember playing the original on the 64 with my grandpa. Super excited for this one to come out. Finally give me a reason to take Animal Crossing out.

Also Crash Bandicoot 4! Seems like it should be a higher number?
Crash fan here! The numbering is weird. Warped was the third game and the last mainline one of the PS1 (or the "classic" era I guess). They stopped numbering them after that one, but Wrath of Cortex was basically "Crash Bandicoot 4" even if the number 4 wasn't in the title so it's a bit confusing (I've heard suggestions that this new one will be something of a reimagining of WOC but not sure how much I believe that).

But hey, I'm not complaining, I love Crash and I'm so excited to play this new one and happy that the franchise has gotten such a revival these past few years. This announcement is good timing considering we're approaching the one-year anniversary of Nitro-Fueled, and there's been tons of speculation there's going to be a big content drop very soon to celebrate the anniversary. If that's true, it would be a great opportunity to try to tie-in with this new game.

Seems this team helped a little bit with Battlefront 2 and when EA dissolved BioWare Montreal for Andromedas poor reception, whoever they kept became part of Motive. $40 price point... I’ll probably check it out.

@Delta Don I remember playing the original on the 64 with my grandpa. Super excited for this one to come out. Finally give me a reason to take Animal Crossing out.
And this is fully playable in VR. OH MY GOD 6 YEAR OLD ME IS LOSING HIS SHIT RIGHT NOW

Back