Everything Video Games!

Not to belabor the point, but the Vice review is also very negative. But it doesn't have a "number" so it won't be included in game scores.
That review reads to me like they are mad it is a Naughty Dog 3rd person action/adventure game. They wanted it to be a Resident Evil survival game but also with innovative gameplay. Not sure why anyone would expect them to totally change the gameplay of the game it is a sequel to.

Criticisms of the plot seem reasonable, but obviously are personal taste. Without a lot more details and probably spoilers, it's really hard for me to tell if I'll agree with the criticisms of the revenge plot lacking redeeming qualities or not. Sometimes a study of revenge without justification or redemption is still compelling.

2 is great, and very fun, I recommend.

3 I have not played yet, because I hear they cut a lot from the original game and it is very short. Will be waiting for a deep sale on that one.
I absolutely loved the remake for 2. If you've never played any resident evil games, it's hard to say how much you will like it. Big focus on ammo/healing management. 3rd person shooters are also a no-go for some. Walking and shooting not a great idea. What I love about it is you always feel like you're afraid of running out of ammo, your next shot will miss, a zombie is going to get to you, or a boss is going to take you out. Feels like you're just getting by and surviving. Really exhilarating, especially going for S+ with only 3 saves on a later playthrough.

If that sounds fun to you, I think it's a great starting point.
RE2 remake is the perfect first RE game. It perfectly recreates what it felt like to play the original version back in the day. RE3 is a lot shorter and doesn't really appeal to me (I never played the original either)
RE2 remake has been my favorite released since RE4 but I enjoyed 5 (I'm used to the tank controls). It takes the best parts of Resident Evil 6 (You can walk/run + aim/shoot), adds a fresh coat of paint and has plenty of replay value. If anyone is also looking for some cheaper games now in this vein I can't recommend both of The Evil Within games enough.
Thanks all!
I might consider it to play next. It's going for $20 on the Xbox store which is a pretty good price

Cut big holes in the back! 😂

Yeah, I hope it has enough and a good enough fan/heat sink to be quieter than my PS4.

Both this and the Xbox Series X are going to be serious heat generators, but they've also been designed with very impressive cooling solutions, as far as I've read.

I’m going to go ahead and say it.
As someone who was big into PlayStation when it came out and then ps2, and I’ll add casual Xbox, then hit Xbox 360 hard, then casually Xbox s....idk why a larger audience isn’t focusing more on pc gaming lol.
Like get a Nintendo and then a pc ha!

I think the connection with Xbox / windows is interesting and wouldn’t be surprised if we got an xbox os eventually instead of a console. Services are the new thing , not so much hardware.

As someone who was big into PlayStation when it came out and then ps2, and I’ll add casual Xbox, then hit Xbox 360 hard, then casually Xbox s....idk why a larger audience isn’t focusing more on pc gaming lol.

I think the connection with Xbox / windows is interesting and wouldn’t be surprised if we got an xbox os eventually instead of a console. Services are the new thing , not so much hardware.
I generally agree with this but this last gen still had a lot of Sony exclusives that I wouldn't want to live without. Seems like that will be more rare in the future though, with all the PC ports we're seeing.

I generally agree with this but this last gen still had a lot of Sony exclusives that I wouldn't want to live without. Seems like that will be more rare in the future though, with all the PC ports we're seeing.
Oh for sure. That’s why in my example I said Xbox as they are much closer to this potential. Sony still likes proprietary hardware. Y’all remember the vita memory cards ?!

I really enjoyed Sony's presentation, and I think they killed the presentation by skipping all the BS and just getting straight to the games. I'd say 80-90% of what was announced are games I'd be interested in playing.

More importantly, how has no one mentioned Kero Kero Bonito in the Bugsnax trailer?!?!

LOL i was like “wait, i know these vocals. could it really be???” when watching it. cool that it is KKB!

Anybody recommend REVII? The RE2 remake is the first one I've played through since 4 and I loved it. I heard that 7 was somewhat a return to form and it is on sale for $9.99.
REVII was basically my entry into the franchise as a backseat gamer and my roommates and I loved it! It's a fun shared gaming experience.
I technically started RE6 on the PS3 a few years ago when I got it on sale, but I never got very far. Also started the remastered original RE on PS4 a few months back after we finished REVII, but I've been juggling too many activities and fell off track.

Nobody mentioned Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Excited for that one. Not sure when I'll be able to talk myself into getting a new console by though.
HZD2 is my reason #1 for getting the PS5 on launch. Could not be more excited for it! Loved the first.

That said, REVIII looks great, I'm curious about Stray, I'd throw down for Bloodborne remastered (and maybe actually finish it this time), and I've got my eye on Ghostwire.

The bf will need Demon's Souls and Solar Ash. Between the 2 of us, we've got plenty of reason to commit to next gen.

I know literally nothing about the Hitman series, but that trailer was definitely not at all what I expected. Thought it was going to turn out to be an X Files game or something. Kinda dug what I saw. Should I circle back and experience the first two?

Another question will be do I wait to start Cyberpunk 2077 till we get the PS5?

I have a Switch and a PC now. The real reason I'm intrigued by this generation of consoles is because both Microsoft and Sony have gone all-out on the hardware. I was planning on a new PC build this year and I think it would cost me close to $1500k to match/surpass the gaming performance of these boxes once you account for the insanely fast system throughput. So I might just punt on PC and pick up one of these consoles until consumer SSD tech catches up.

Back