Everything Video Games!

For those with the Switch, do you think I'll need a second pair of joy cons? They're $80 most places. I did 2P with my wife on Mario Kart and I'd much rather be playing with 2 controllers than one. Also, the charging grip looks interesting too but again, this could get expensive.
They can hit a sale of $69

but I would go for the official Nintendo pro controller or 8bitdo has a range or options for cheaper

Worth it for that price absolutely. Starfox lore is Nintendo exclusive and you get a nice collectible in the process.
the Best Buy by me was down to 1 Starlink left (since it had to be in-store pickup), so I figured for six dollars and change I should put my dibbs on it. I have until Jan 7th to pick it up, which shouldn't be a problem, because unfortunately I can't pick it up today.

You’ll need a second controller, but as others have mentioned it doesn’t need to be a set of joy cons. I just picked up a corded (!) one for $25. Much better than getting hand cramps after 5 minutes of using a single joy con.

We bought a separate corded one at Best Buy last night but haven't had a chance to use it yet

the Best Buy by me was down to 1 Starlink left (since it had to be in-store pickup), so I figured for six dollars and change I should put my dibbs on it. I have until Jan 7th to pick it up, which shouldn't be a problem, because unfortunately I can't pick it up today.

Yeah I was going to grab one but all stores within 250 miles of me were out. Let me know what you think!

Yeah I was going to grab one but all stores within 250 miles of me were out. Let me know what you think!
honestly, I have no idea when I'll even play it. I'm in the middle of Luigi's Mansion 3, which I got for Christmas. I also have Astral Chain which I got for Christmas and haven't started yet. I also got Ori and the Blind Forest from the Black Friday eShop sale which I haven't started yet. and with all that all I really want to play right now is Witcher 3, as right before Christmas I finished the main game (putting in about 65 hours) but haven't started the bonus DLC content which is something like another 40+ hours. I'm taking a break from Witcher because I'm playing games along with a friend of mine, but I feel like every game I've played since taking the Witcher break (Unraveled 2 was also beat before Christmas) I haven't really enjoyed as much as I normally would because in reality I just want to keep playing Witcher 3.

I treated myself to AC black flag as I never finished it. Haven’t it played it.
Has anyone played hidden folks the black and white where’s Waldo like game ?

honestly, I have no idea when I'll even play it. I'm in the middle of Luigi's Mansion 3, which I got for Christmas. I also have Astral Chain which I got for Christmas and haven't started yet. I also got Ori and the Blind Forest from the Black Friday eShop sale which I haven't started yet. and with all that all I really want to play right now is Witcher 3, as right before Christmas I finished the main game (putting in about 65 hours) but haven't started the bonus DLC content which is something like another 40+ hours. I'm taking a break from Witcher because I'm playing games along with a friend of mine, but I feel like every game I've played since taking the Witcher break (Unraveled 2 was also beat before Christmas) I haven't really enjoyed as much as I normally would because in reality I just want to keep playing Witcher 3.

I’m spending my single player time with The Outer Worlds and Jedi Fallen Order right now. Modern Warfare for some quick shooting with buds and Lonely Mountain Downhill to relax.

How’s Luigi’s Mansion? I’ve been neglecting my Switch and played through the first one with my grandpa so I’ve thought about it.

How’s Luigi’s Mansion? I’ve been neglecting my Switch and played through the first one with my grandpa so I’ve thought about it.
LM3 is delightfully fun, though I don't think I love it as much as most reviews and opinions I've read about the game. I think it's mostly due to the controls if I'm going to be honest, I've played the previous games but I don't recall them having the tank-like controls that LM3 has, though admittedly I could be very wrong about how the previous games controlled. regardless, at about halfway through the game I'm still getting tripped with the controls up at times and that's where the all the difficulty in this game is for me, especially if you're not trying to collect everything.

if you played and enjoyed the previous games then you'll definitely love LM3. ultimately it's a no brainier for every Switch owner to play, but for me it's below the top tier of Nintendo offerings. though I haven't tried any of the multiplayer modes in LM3 so maybe that would raise my praise of the game if I have.

LM3 is delightfully fun, though I don't think I love it as much as most reviews and opinions I've read about the game. I think it's mostly due to the controls if I'm going to be honest, I've played the previous games but I don't recall them having the tank-like controls that LM3 has, though admittedly I could be very wrong about how the previous games controlled. regardless, at about halfway through the game I'm still getting tripped with the controls up at times and that's where the all the difficulty in this game is for me, especially if you're not trying to collect everything.

if you played and enjoyed the previous games then you'll definitely love LM3. ultimately it's a no brainier for every Switch owner to play, but for me it's below the top tier of Nintendo offerings. though I haven't tried any of the multiplayer modes in LM3 so maybe that would raise my praise of the game if I have.
I think this is possibly the first thing I've seen criticizing the controls, and I couldn't agree more. Honestly, it was bringing me down, until I found a setup that mostly works. I've found what works best for me is to user the joycons detached from the switch, but not in a controller dock. I have it set to allow only up/down when vacuuming, and motion controls on. From there, all you have to do is position Luigi, activate the vacuum, and tilt the joycon a little to aim up and down. I then strafe for the other movement as needed. It's not the best, but it works. Now if I can get my wife and son to share (they got Pokemon and Mario Maker 2 for Christmas)...

I think this is possibly the first thing I've seen criticizing the controls, and I couldn't agree more. Honestly, it was bringing me down, until I found a setup that mostly works. I've found what works best for me is to user the joycons detached from the switch, but not in a controller dock. I have it set to allow only up/down when vacuuming, and motion controls on. From there, all you have to do is position Luigi, activate the vacuum, and tilt the joycon a little to aim up and down. I then strafe for the other movement as needed. It's not the best, but it works. Now if I can get my wife and son to share (they got Pokemon and Mario Maker 2 for Christmas)...
the controls are definitely not a game breaker by any means, but both control schemes are less than ideal and I just don't remember that being the case with the previous entries in the series, but it is tarnishing my enjoyment a bit with LM3.

I do, i have to get my AC fox somehow
latest

Back