Everything Video Games!

I'm having the same issue making a GOTY list that I did making an AOTY list. From the games I played that came out this year, I enjoyed every experience, yet no one game stood out so far above the rest I would put it at the top. I didn't get to play even half the games I wanted to this year, which is a huge shame. I did get to experience some of these through people I watch on youtube, but that only partially scratch the itch to experience the medium. On top of that, I only finished two of these games - The Outer Worlds and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. To be fair, another 3 on the list technically can't be finished, but that's still 2/9 complete.

Anyways, here's my unorganized list of games I played this year, that were released this year.

Luigi's Mansion 3
Outer Wilds
The Outer Worlds
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
My Friend Pedro
Borderlands 3
Untitled Goose Game
Afterparty
Apex Legends
Metro Exodus
Void Bastards
RAD

Anyone else way too into JRPGs? I'm finishing up Lost Sphear right now. It has its issues, but overall I've really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of either trying I Am Setsuna or Ys VIII next. Both of which I've been dying to play!

Also I've been playing through Children of Morta with my brother. I'm enjoying the hell out of that.

Anyone else way too into JRPGs? I'm finishing up Lost Sphear right now. It has its issues, but overall I've really enjoyed it. I'm thinking of either trying I Am Setsuna or Ys VIII next. Both of which I've been dying to play!

Also I've been playing through Children of Morta with my brother. I'm enjoying the hell out of that.
I really enjoyed Lost Sphere and I Am Setsuna. Both aren't great but still very enjoyable JRPGS

looks like a Switch Pro is coming this year. definitely will see if it will be worth the upgrade and if so will probably get it.
Nice, any info out yet? I'll probably pick one up. I've been holding off but it'd be a nice bridge between the PS4 and PS5, I probably won't get a PS5 in the first year.

Nice, any info out yet? I'll probably pick one up. I've been holding off but it'd be a nice bridge between the PS4 and PS5, I probably won't get a PS5 in the first year.
still seems to be some speculation on if it will come out and what the will be upgraded, but this is the article that I was reading earlier which suggests it would have an magnesium alloy body and beefed up performance.

Report: New Switch model launching in 2020

They are very similar games. Setsuna has a simpler battle system, but better art and style.

Yeah you can't move the characters in battle, right? That's all I really know about its battle system. I'm looking forward to it though, I'm all about the better art and style.

still seems to be some speculation on if it will come out and what the will be upgraded, but this is the article that I was reading earlier which suggests it would have an magnesium alloy body and beefed up performance.

I’d settle for a functioning left joy con

Gaming confession/new years resolution: I have resolved to complete a Souls game. I've started Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, but have not finished any of them. That changes this year!
Depending on what pulled you away from those games, I might recommend giving DS3 a go; it takes some of the pacing lessons learned from Bloodborne and thus is less of a slog, but still retains more of the cohesion of DS1.

Gaming confession/new years resolution: I have resolved to complete a Souls game. I've started Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, but have not finished any of them. That changes this year!
Depending on what pulled you away from those games, I might recommend giving DS3 a go; it takes some of the pacing lessons learned from Bloodborne and thus is less of a slog, but still retains more of the cohesion of DS1.
Also Sekiro is great and quite different again. Although, I made the mistake of stopping near the end and taking a break and now I'm too intimidated to pick it back up because I will not be as good at it.

For some reason I've played all of them except the ones with Dark in the title. I have the remastered Dark Souls but didn't get too far before getting side-tracked. Need to play it again some day.

Back on Monster Hunter World Icebourne. Killed and captured 20 monsters looking a god damn gem and it doesnt appear. The next day I kill one monster and boom, gem is their. This game......is still amazing.

Back