Everything Video Games!

Anyone play My Friend Pedro?

Cause I look at those leaderboards and how the frunk are people getting those scores? Played on normal, not even close. Played on Hard w/ difficulty bonus - still my numbers aren't anywhere there. Do I need to play on Bananas? Get through the level quicker (which I don't see how, I am pretty much forward momentum throughout)? How many shots fired and where they hit get accounted into the equation?

Mind you, I don't care about the leaderboards as an aspiration. It's a fun game and I am not trying to get up there. I just see my scores and the gap to what leaders are getting and am just curious how people are getting such high numbers.

Enjoying Dauntless this week on Switch. Much more enjoyable free-to-play experience than Warframe, imo. Not sure quite yet where this main quest line is going, but I'm not put off by the grinding.

6229FEBA-7E36-4017-A20C-FAB317D79B55.jpeg

yo, i spent way too much for this game, but dragon force was *the* game i knew i had to get back once i re-acquired a saturn a couple years ago. it’s an excellent strategy game with great game music and high quality presentation (disc art/manual/etc.) typical of working designs games of the era.

After 242 hours I'm putting away Fire Emblem: Three Houses (at least for a while).
After playing through all 4 paths I'd rank them (in terms of enjoyment):
  1. Blue Lions
  2. Golden Deer
  3. Black Eagles (Edelgard route)
  4. Black Eagles (Church route)
I didn't dabble into Maddening/Lunatic mode because I heard it makes the pace of the game even slower and by my third playthrough I was already losing the motivation to watch the support conversations or engage in optional battles. I do plan to do another Blue Lions playthrough at some point in the relatively distant future, so maybe that'll be the time to try it.

I've been detoxing with some Overcooked and have another short game (Gris) to consume over the next few days. After that, I don't know. Maybe it's time to fire up the good ol' BOTW again?

After 242 hours I'm putting away Fire Emblem: Three Houses (at least for a while).
After playing through all 4 paths I'd rank them (in terms of enjoyment):
  1. Blue Lions
  2. Golden Deer
  3. Black Eagles (Edelgard route)
  4. Black Eagles (Church route)
I didn't dabble into Maddening/Lunatic mode because I heard it makes the pace of the game even slower and by my third playthrough I was already losing the motivation to watch the support conversations or engage in optional battles. I do plan to do another Blue Lions playthrough at some point in the relatively distant future, so maybe that'll be the time to try it.

I've been detoxing with some Overcooked and have another short game (Gris) to consume over the next few days. After that, I don't know. Maybe it's time to fire up the good ol' BOTW again?
I'm around 200 total hour and still have to give it a Golden Deer playthrough, but I'm going to wait on that until all the DLC is out.

One of my buddies told me there's rumors that the new Binding of Isaac expansion might drop next month. Been on a bender for the last week or so. Also playing through the Shenmue series (80% through one) again so I can have everything fresh in my mind for playing through 3. Finally, I started playing through the Spyro Remastered Trilogy, and it has been a blast. Jumped in and it was basically muscle memory controls wise. Graphics are great, and the new voice work and dragon designs are really good too.

Started God of War. As good as advertised.

Still hooked on Dead Cells too.

Awaiting delivery of a new PS3 controller before I can finish Far Cry 3.

Ocassionally chipping away at Rayman Orgins and Stardew when I want something relaxing that I can listen to music to.

Too. MANY. Games.

Did the Nintendo thing to see how many hours I played this year and how many games I played. Sadly it was a year of buying a lot and hardly playing any of it.

Any fellow CTR Nitro-Fueled fans in here?

Can we talk about how Yaya Panda is the best thing ever?
I was playing every day for the first few GPs but got a bit burnt out. I need to get back in and see the newest tracks and characters. I don't think I remember Yaya, what games was she in?

I was playing every day for the first few GPs but got a bit burnt out. I need to get back in and see the newest tracks and characters. I don't think I remember Yaya, what games was she in?
Yaya only ever appeared in a few mobile racing games that aren't very well known, so she was a very obscure character for them to bring into the games. But she is awesomely adorable. She's slowly usurping Coco as my go to character.

I feel you somewhat on the burn out. It's only hit me once or twice. I didn't play much at all during the Spyro GP and don't have a lot of the stuff from it because of that. But I jumped back on for the Halloween themed one and I'm glad I did because that's probably been the best of all the Grand Prixs so far (though I'm really digging the current Christmas one). It's insanely cool how much new content they've added!

I feel you somewhat on the burn out. It's only hit me once or twice. I didn't play much at all during the Spyro GP and don't have a lot of the stuff from it because of that. But I jumped back on for the Halloween themed one and I'm glad I did because that's probably been the best of all the Grand Prixs so far (though I'm really digging the current Christmas one). It's insanely cool how much new content they've added!

Yah it is, especially all the tracks, they've done a great job of supporting it. I'm going to play this weekend and check out the newest ones. How have the lobbies been lately? Sometimes I'd get a lot of dropped lobbies and ended up having to requeue a bunch.

Yah it is, especially all the tracks, they've done a great job of supporting it. I'm going to play this weekend and check out the newest ones. How have the lobbies been lately? Sometimes I'd get a lot of dropped lobbies and ended up having to requeue a bunch.
Online is still pretty wonky tbh. It's the one big flaw in an otherwise near perfect game imo. I don't think it's quite as bad as it used to be but I do find myself having to cross my fingers and hope that it doesn't decide to drop out at the last second. I was actually surprised the other night when I got a few matches in a row with the same group without it dropping. I do wish they would polish it up a bit but, aside from the frustrating drops, it is perfectly playable and given how generous they can be with the wumpa coins there isn't a lot of pressure to come in the top three (unless you want bragging rights, I guess!)

View attachment 26427

yo, i spent way too much for this game, but dragon force was *the* game i knew i had to get back once i re-acquired a saturn a couple years ago. it’s an excellent strategy game with great game music and high quality presentation (disc art/manual/etc.) typical of working designs games of the era.

ooh, I’m jealous.

I own Panzer Dragoon Saga, that’s gotta be in the same neighborhood.

Heya if anyone is interested in collecting retro NES games I'm trying to sell my mint copy of Gun-Nac for $200.00. It's a super awesome shmup for the system and rare. Besides other shmups like Gradius, Zanac, and RECCA, this one is my favorite on the NES.

This is neat.

0018189028_10.jpg

Finished Spyro 1 this weekend. Great little bit of Nostalgia, can't wait to play 2 and 3 again.

Also played a bunch is Binding of Isaac. I've been working on achievements, got all but 3 of the challenges complete. Also been playing a lot of greed mode, which I really didn't care for when I first tried it. I want to play as The Lost, but that is impossible without the upgrade you get from Greed Mode. Got in the swing of things and got a win with just about all the characters (lots of achievements!) and got over 500 of the 800 and some needed for the relic. Unlocked greedier mode, which is BS! After about 15 losses in a row with various characters, I've concluded this mode is designed to be almost unfair, at least on the first floor or two until your character begins to snowball.

Speaking of BS, I also played a little Borderlands 2. Finished my 2nd play through, and started Ultimate Vault Hunter mode. This was not designed to be done single player whatsoever. I struggled from the get go. Managed to get through the Midgemong fight, but I had to do some cheesing and lost almost a million in re-spawn fees.

Late to the game, but I'm enjoying Outer Wilds a lot right now. The experience reminds me a lot of playing Myst in the 90s; I've no idea what's going on, but I'm gonna find out, dammit. The exploration and space travel are a lot of fun, and I've had some real boondoggles such as personally falling into the sun, or landing on a low-gravity planet and exploring, only to find my spaceship is suddenly floating in space 20km away.

Late to the game, but I'm enjoying Outer Wilds a lot right now. The experience reminds me a lot of playing Myst in the 90s; I've no idea what's going on, but I'm gonna find out, dammit. The exploration and space travel are a lot of fun, and I've had some real boondoggles such as personally falling into the sun, or landing on a low-gravity planet and exploring, only to find my spaceship is suddenly floating in space 20km away.
I need to go back and play again. The best moment I had so far was getting out of my ship as it and I both got sucked into the wormhole that teleports you. Pure panic when I realized that not only was I not dead yet, but that my ship was coasting away and I was now slowly dying.

Speaking of BS, I also played a little Borderlands 2. Finished my 2nd play through, and started Ultimate Vault Hunter mode. This was not designed to be done single player whatsoever. I struggled from the get go. Managed to get through the Midgemong fight, but I had to do some cheesing and lost almost a million in re-spawn fees.
I feel the same way about it, especially playing on a console. UVHM really wants you to use slag and a strong build but farming for specific weapons and trinkets on console (without read-only farming) is painful. I put a ton of time into it but most of my solo characters didn't make it past lvl 58.

Back