Everything Video Games!

Finally buying a Switch today. Does anybody have any game recommendations? My wife wants Luigi's Mansion and I want Tetris 99. We'll probably get Mario Kart as well (unless we should hold out for a new version).

Highly recommend both Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey. Also if you have never played Overcooked 1 & 2, then I would bet the two of you would have a blast playing them together!

I started playing Subnautica a couple of nights ago. Mixed bag of emotions from me. I've had a fear of water levels in games ever since the Eel in Mario 64. Seeing as this is just a big water level, I get a lot of uneasy feelings when playing, especially in the big open areas or going deep. At the same time I'm fascinated by the world, and that drives me to keep exploring.
Oh man, I’ve been eyeing this one for a while. It looks like a game that brings peace of mind and gives you a good sense of achievement. One of those mindless but engaging games. Might pick this up next if I can ever convince myself not to spend money on records and instead put it back towards video games, my first love ❤️.

Whats everyone’s favorite single player games of the past 2-3 years or so? Looking for suggestions. I’ve already played RDR2 and God of War.

Finally buying a Switch today. Does anybody have any game recommendations? My wife wants Luigi's Mansion and I want Tetris 99. We'll probably get Mario Kart as well (unless we should hold out for a new version).

I think Golf Story looks pretty cool and a few people have recommended it to me, haven't had a chance to play it myself though. I second @BattleFlag 's recommendations for Mario Kart and Odyssey.

Oh man, I’ve been eyeing this one for a while. It looks like a game that brings peace of mind and gives you a good sense of achievement. One of those mindless but engaging games. Might pick this up next if I can ever convince myself not to spend money on records and instead put it back towards video games, my first love ❤.

Whats everyone’s favorite single player games of the past 2-3 years or so? Looking for suggestions. I’ve already played RDR2 and God of War.
If you're looking for bigger AAA-ish titles, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Spider-Man, Control, RE2 Remake, Sekiro, Borderlands 3, Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

As for indie-ish titles, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Golf Story, Ori and the Blind Forest, Guacamelee 1&2, Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds.

If you're looking for bigger AAA-ish titles, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, Spider-Man, Control, RE2 Remake, Sekiro, Borderlands 3, Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

As for indie-ish titles, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Golf Story, Ori and the Blind Forest, Guacamelee 1&2, Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds.

In addition to these, there's a number of shorter indie games that are incredible and totally worth the short 3-5 hours it takes most of them: Inside, Gris, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Abzu, and Return of the Obra Dinn have been some of my faves in this vein.

I think Golf Story looks pretty cool and a few people have recommended it to me, haven't had a chance to play it myself though. I second @BattleFlag 's recommendations for Mario Kart and Odyssey.
I can also HIGHLY recommend Golf Story.

I just watched the trailer for Golf Story. It looks like a lot of fun.

I've heard a lot about Cuphead, and it's on the Switch too. Any opinions?

I've held off on Cuphead for the moment (because I want to grab a physical version of it on Switch once the DLC comes out), but from what I have seen of it...it looks stellar. It's not an easy game, but it looks like a good challenge. And the art style and music is so great.

Ape Out is worth the price of admission imo. My indie game of the year. Simple controls, fantastic art style, music is awesome and I fell in love with concept. Enjoy your switch! Cuphead is awesome as well, just difficult!

Ape Out is worth the price of admission imo. My indie game of the year. Simple controls, fantastic art style, music is awesome and I fell in love with concept. Enjoy your switch! Cuphead is awesome as well, just difficult!
Worth noting: Ape Out is on Game Pass for PC for any Ultimate subscribers.

If you need further convincing, it's published by Devolver.

For those with the Switch, do you think I'll need a second pair of joy cons? They're $80 most places. I did 2P with my wife on Mario Kart and I'd much rather be playing with 2 controllers than one. Also, the charging grip looks interesting too but again, this could get expensive.

For those with the Switch, do you think I'll need a second pair of joy cons? They're $80 most places. I did 2P with my wife on Mario Kart and I'd much rather be playing with 2 controllers than one. Also, the charging grip looks interesting too but again, this could get expensive.
Go to a video game store, pick up a pro controller on sale or used.

The two most essentials Switch games are still Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. They’re both very accessible to casual or even non-gamers. I also agree with the Overcooked recommendations; they’re fun little collaborative games if you have someone to play them with.

You’ll need a second controller, but as others have mentioned it doesn’t need to be a set of joy cons. I just picked up a corded (!) one for $25. Much better than getting hand cramps after 5 minutes of using a single joy con.

If you get Nintendo online ($20 a year ) you get cloud saves and Tetris 99 is included.
Mario kart
Mario Odyssey
Breath of the wild are some good top tier games to go for
A cheaper “indie” game is snipperclips.

Back