Everything Video Games!

I used to play Guild Wars 2 fairly heavily, when it first came out. But in recent times, the closest I have gotten back towards an MMO was Destiny and Destiny 2. Any recommendations?

ahhhh not really any recommendations...I play FFXIV, WoW, and SWTOR off and on. I played a lot of WoW since it started i was curious if anyone was going to try Classic WoW.

anyone play MMO's?
I've played many of them and settled on FFXIV.

Ultima Online was my first I skipped EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot, played WoW for a while, Black Dessert, Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, Secret World, The Old Republic, beta'd Rift and Albion online.

I played Lord of the Rings Online for a very long time, it was my favourite until it went free to play. It lost a lot of its polish in my opinion.

FFXIV is the best. It's beautiful, customizable, enormous, great quests, the Main Storyline has peaks and valleys but is overall a memorable experience, and the developers really care about the game. There's a steady inflow of new content and I don't hate the other players.

Damn, considering Doom was my favorite single player FPS since Bulletstorm (Titanfall 2 is up there as well campaign wise), I was already interested, this sealed the deal. Thanks!

The abilities are like Doom on crack, weapons are amazing. The enemies are less interesting that's for sure. And you could argue the game gets a bit same samey after a while. But I'm having a ton of fun with it!

Oh. Oh no. SteamWorld Dig is super good. Teleported me through 4 hours this morning while I forgot to eat breakfast, even though it was sitting right in front of me. Even forgot to sip my cold brew. This might become a problem (a good one).

i have an idea for a point and click adventure or visual novel based on a weird dream i had called "blank eyes"

the basic idea is that 3 people (one a nonbinary person, one an anarchist, and one im still working on) are being forced into the blank eyes reformatory camp for crimes they commited, and though it starts out fine. the super tradionalist worldview and the "punishment" room with a weird "5 stage" plan. leads to the discovery of a fundamentalist cult focused on the ideas of mind control, conformity, and devotion. and their attempt to try and stop it while trying to survive without reaching stage 5

I shared this in the fresh grabs thread, but thought you guys might enjoy the nostalgia. Picked up a bit of a rarity here, Grant Kirkhope ‎– Banjo-Kazooie OST from iam8bit. Been after this for a while but refused to pay silly prices for it. Banjo-Kazooie was the first console game I played so its quite the nostalgia trip for me. Over the years I have picked up the occasional oddity, which I have added to the pic here:

I've recently started playing on my PS4 again, usually at weekends. I finished Red Dead Redemption 2 the other day and picked up a cheap copy of Far Cry 5. Loving it so far, really like the exploring aspects of games so I enjoy looking for the secret bunkers etc.

Have you played Far Cry Blood Dragon??? Man I hope they make a remake for PS4.

I shared this in the fresh grabs thread, but thought you guys might enjoy the nostalgia. Picked up a bit of a rarity here, Grant Kirkhope ‎– Banjo-Kazooie OST from iam8bit. Been after this for a while but refused to pay silly prices for it. Banjo-Kazooie was the first console game I played so its quite the nostalgia trip for me. Over the years I have picked up the occasional oddity, which I have added to the pic here:

View attachment 1329

That's beautiful. Back in the day I spent far too much time trying to crack the Banko-Kazooie Easter eggs mystery... in vain, of course.

The N64 was actually the last console I had before biting on the Switch a couple of years ago. Lately I've been deep into Final Fantasy XII, which I never played back in the day (I was into FFXI during the early, ruthless days of 2003/04, and heard that FFXII is like the non-MMORPG alternative to that game). I'm only 30 hours in so it would be premature to rank it against other FFs (my favorites are IX, VI, and Tactics, if that counts). So far nothing has given me the butterflies (no Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack) but I like to play through RPGs 2-3 times before making up my mind... so I guess I'll report back in 200-300 hours of playing time.

Just here to chime in. Has anybody played Ori and the blind forest? It's a beautiful platform game with some of the coolest music out there.
Loved it. There's a sequel that is supposed to be coming out this year. Also played Hollow Knight recently which is another amazing Metroidvania.

Lots going on since I was last on. Good to see this thread alive and well!

Guys... don’t hate me. Me and my friend are playing fallout 76... and actually having some fun with it

I actually had more fun playing 76 than I did 4. My play style for these type of games is to just go explore, try and piece things together through the environment, and mostly ignore the story. 76 did this way better by design, so it was perfect for me. I put 300+ hours into it, both co-op and solo.

View attachment 1329

Nice finds! B-K is one of my favorites of all time, and that soundtrack is up on my wall. I have one of the original strategy guides as well, but not in nearly as good of condition. I used it a lot as a kid.

Bit of a tangent, but Nuts & Bolts isn't as horrible as I initially perceived it as. I HATED it when I first played it. However, I watched PJ stream it last year, and he convinced me to go back and play it. Not sure if you're familiar, but he has a habit of playing critically panned games at Games Done Quick, and he always has a blast doing so. Seeing him play this game and have fun with it was so charming that I gave it another shot. I ended up having a lot of fun with the game, and although it's not great, it was still a decent game chock full of nostalgia. I didn't finish it because Fallout 76 came out, but I intend to go back and complete it (I was at about 80%).

Also, just curious, what did you think of Yooka-Laylee?

Just here to chime in. Has anybody played Ori and the blind forest? It's a beautiful platform game with some of the coolest music out there.

I absolutely love Ori and the Blind Forest, and I can't wait for the sequel! I have the soundtrack on vinyl too, it's an amazing pressing if you can find it in the wild.

Squenix has a preorder for a audiovisual Blu-Ray soundtrack of Chrono Trigger.

Looks like they're doing FFVII, too.
They seriously need to do these on vinyl. The pressings that exist cost an exorbitant amount of money.

Nice finds! B-K is one of my favorites of all time, and that soundtrack is up on my wall. I have one of the original strategy guides as well, but not in nearly as good of condition. I used it a lot as a kid.

Bit of a tangent, but Nuts & Bolts isn't as horrible as I initially perceived it as. I HATED it when I first played it. However, I watched PJ stream it last year, and he convinced me to go back and play it. Not sure if you're familiar, but he has a habit of playing critically panned games at Games Done Quick, and he always has a blast doing so. Seeing him play this game and have fun with it was so charming that I gave it another shot. I ended up having a lot of fun with the game, and although it's not great, it was still a decent game chock full of nostalgia. I didn't finish it because Fallout 76 came out, but I intend to go back and complete it (I was at about 80%).

Also, just curious, what did you think of Yooka-Laylee?
Might have to revisit nuts and bolts. I enjoyed it when it came out but not as a banjo-kazooie game. It seemed way to open and the character movement seemed really clunky.

I actually just got Yooka-Laylee at the weekend along with the banjo-kazoos record so haven’t played it yet. Looks to be a fun game though Andre it can be picked up really cheap (this was sealed for £7)

Back