Everything Video Games!

As far as JRPG goes my favorites have always been Working Designs ports of Lunar: The Silver Star, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Popful Mail and Vay.
Lunar Eternal Blue is in the conversation for GOAT and it’s a shame it’s impossible to play without a PC.

As far as JRPG goes my favorites have always been Working Designs ports of Lunar: The Silver Star, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Popful Mail and Vay.
Lunar: Silver Star Story was amazing. The voice acted cut-scenes were next level when I was a kid. It was like playing an ACTUAL anime.

I don’t do many digital games except when they are typically digital only.

Should I rebuy steam world dig for $3 and then grab dig 2 never played for $10?

Also treasure trove is $12 , I’ve played through shovel knight but don’t know if I should go in for that extra ‘tent

I’ve noticed I’ve started hoarding digitally and these will more than likely go in backlog

Help me make a choice , fam
Dig 2 was great. I need to try Shovel Knight.

Lunar Eternal Blue is in the conversation for GOAT and it’s a shame it’s impossible to play without a PC.

I had it on my Sega CD. Biggest video game regret was getting rid of those WD games. Crazy money for physical copies now. Thank goodness for emulators.

ohh, we talking JRPs???

View attachment 338

i pledge allegiance to xenoblade 2

I just finished this not too long ago! It's fantastic. I accidentally found a way to get, like, way too much money and sort of broke the game for myself. But it was still an amazing experience. Also so much different than the first one, but still the same amount of heart! Any scene where Poppi got emotional, always killed me.

Also...

The way they connected the two games BLEW MY MIND. I was under the impression that there was not going to be a connection, but holy shit they nailed it and totally fooled me. And it made so much sense, too.

I just finished this not too long ago! It's fantastic. I accidentally found a way to get, like, way too much money and sort of broke the game for myself. But it was still an amazing experience. Also so much different than the first one, but still the same amount of heart! Any scene where Poppi got emotional, always killed me.

Also...

The way they connected the two games BLEW MY MIND. I was under the impression that there was not going to be a connection, but holy shit they nailed it and totally fooled me. And it made so much sense, too.

hmm, that’s pretty interesting! i barely used the game currency, the only time where i actually grinded for money was to get sheba’s core crystal. this was also the case in the torna DLC, where money is even more completely pointless

hmm, that’s pretty interesting! i barely used the game currency, the only time where i actually grinded for money was to get sheba’s core crystal. this was also the case in the torna DLC, where money is even more completely pointless

I haven't done the DLC yet but I want to. But yeah I really only used the money to develop the towns, fill up on items for affinity charts, and stock up on parts for Poppi. There was a location where when I salvaged there, almost always gave me parts to trade in sets that would earn like 30k gold each. So I salvaged a shit ton and became rich in about an hour hahah, it was very silly

I realise online gaming is all the rage but, I only recently noticed how few games now seem to include good old fashioned co-op gaming with a pal sat next to you. I wanted a decent racing game for me and my boys to play together and it's proven harder than I imagined. I settled on a cheap and cheerful Beach Buggy Racing which is fun in a Mario Kart kinda way but can anyone suggest a more realistic racing game that has split screen racing? PS4 or Xbox One.

Crash team racing is getting a remaster very soon for both systems that's sure to be awesome!

If you want a realistic track racer I believe all Forza Motorsports offer Split Screen, but that's simulator track racing. Different beast!

I don’t do many digital games except when they are typically digital only.

Should I rebuy steam world dig for $3 and then grab dig 2 never played for $10?

Also treasure trove is $12 , I’ve played through shovel knight but don’t know if I should go in for that extra ‘tent

I’ve noticed I’ve started hoarding digitally and these will more than likely go in backlog

Help me make a choice , fam

This post cost me $12. I feel ridiculous buying games I already own, but the idea of playing Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on the Switch just sold it for me. Admittedly, I did the same with Hollow Knight, which I've yet again restarted (and is just fantastic on the Switch.)

I bought a micro sd with ginormous storage to swi ... uh, change out the one that came with my Switch. Looking forward to not collecting carts as the packaging for the games is pretty barebones across the board and just sort of takes up space.

I go back and forth on the digital/physical issue... with Switch games more than any other current console, I'll notice folks putting physical copies of games up on ebay and amazon for very steep prices, like they're collector's items... I have no interest in taking advantage of a "collector's market" or any such thing, but it made me think it may make it easier to sell the Switch (should I ever decide to) if I have some physical games to go along with it... so if the price is the same either way, I'll usually go physical. I treated the PS Vita the same way, and I'm kind of glad I did, as I'm starting to think this may be the year I wind up selling it... I love it, but my sight ain't what it used to be, and the older I get, the tinier that PS Vita screen gets...
Digital is just so much more convenient though, and usually cheaper if you wait for sales. And I'm a sucker for any excuse to put a ginormous micro sd card in any device, admittedly. :)

Don't know if anyone cares about esports or pro League of Legends, BUT I AM HYPE AF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
My boys on Team Liquid are going to the MSI (Mid Season Invitational) Finals!!!!!!

MSI is the tournament where the #1 seeds from each major world region compete against each other. It also is important in determining the seeding for The World Championship in September/October. TL just squeaked out of the group stage by coming in at 4th and Today we just be the reining world champs Invictus Gaming out of China. Tomorrow will be G2 (Europe) and SKT T1 (Korea).

I'M SO EXCITED! LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

Is it NHL 19? How do you like it? Been years since I played a proper NHL game.

NHL 18 is the last one I bought, almost only because I wanted to have Las Vegas. I had 15 and 16 before that, but honestly I can't say there was major improvements from 15 to 18. A lot of small things get improved, but nothing game changing.

The games are still fun, but they have not evolved much this generation.

Back