Everything Video Games!

My wife is obsessed with RDR 2 - >95% in 2 play thought. Told her We had RDR 1 on PS+, but we gave away our PS3 to a charity a wee while ago. We’ve just bought a second hand PS3...

Note 1 - PS Now sucked, even with our super-fast broadband
nNote 2 - if you are getting rid of old kit, I’d highly recommend looking to see if you have a local charity that puts consoles into Kids wards in hospital. The old PS3 and a Wii went to a charity called Get Well Gamers here in the UK. If you aren’t bothered about the trade in value it’s totally worth it.
So, not a great start. The optical drive didn't work, and what was supposed to be a 320GB HDD turns out to be 160GB. Back to the shop tomorrow. RDR will have to wait...

So I didn't think I could get more excited about an indie game coming to consoles than when they announced that Return of the Obra Dinn is coming to console this fall.

Then I found this:

The game's tagline: "It's a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible goose."

I. am. so. in. for. this.

Just got the plat for Guacamelee 2 since I couldn't pass it up for how cheap it was and got 100% on Yoku's Island Express since it was a free Twitch Prime game. Really enjoyed both. Guacamelee was just as enjoyable as the first and Yoku's was an interesting spin on a metroidvania(ish) since it is sort of a pinball game too.

PS3 replaced, let’s see how we go. Means I can re-load Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remastered. Got a good part of the way through Ico, but would like to complete it.

the later one is like 1000000000% times bigger

i dont have a tv

but no rumble is kinda a hard thing to swallow.. plus a smaller screen

Anyone interested in buying a switch , I’d recommend NOT getting the lite.

Yes that’s right , even if you DONT own a tv. The switch (new red box which is at almost all retailers at this point) has a far better battery life that’s a lot better than switch lite too. That alone makes then price difference worth it.

Anyone interested in buying a switch , I’d recommend NOT getting the lite.

Yes that’s right , even if you DONT own a tv. The switch (new red box which is at almost all retailers at this point) has a far better battery life that’s a lot better than switch lite too. That alone makes then price difference worth it.
yeah.. i actually heard about the higher battery life red box ones

The game gives you so many outs (in the form of the Divine Pulse) that Normal kinda feels like having someone chew your food for you. I'd recommend restarting on Hard, since you can lower the difficulty if you decide it's too much, but there's no way to raise it from Normal if you think it's too easy.

This is only the second Fire Emblem game I’ve ever played and the first one was for the GBA more than 15 years ago, so I think I’ll just stick to normal for now. Classic mode carries enough tension for my taste!

At the risk of stating the obvious, 10 hours in I’m totally in love with this game. It will probably be my jam for the next 2 months or so.

Started FFVIII Remastered. Ugh, I love this game. I wish more had been "remastered" than just the character models and Guardian force models. The world map, cut scenes, and backgrounds are the same, so it's a weird juxtaposition. Still love the game, though.

This is on my shortlist of games to play after Fire Emblem. I’m a huge FF fan but have never played VIII. It seems like I should!

This is only the second Fire Emblem game I’ve ever played and the first one was for the GBA more than 15 years ago, so I think I’ll just stick to normal for now. Classic mode carries enough tension for my taste!

At the risk of stating the obvious, 10 hours in I’m totally in love with this game. It will probably be my jam for the next 2 months or so.

This is on my shortlist of games to play after Fire Emblem. I’m a huge FF fan but have never played VIII. It seems like I should!
My one bit of FFVIII advice is that boss fights are based on your highest leveled character. Didn't realize it until what was Disc 3 during the boss fights at the end of that section. Went from a struggle to Squall being the only one alive after a single turn and young me having to Gameshark my way through it. There's a part at the beginning where you play as just Squall, so don't spend too much time there.

My one bit of FFVIII advice is that boss fights are based on your highest leveled character. Didn't realize it until what was Disc 3 during the boss fights at the end of that section. Went from a struggle to Squall being the only one alive after a single turn and young me having to Gameshark my way through it. There's a part at the beginning where you play as just Squall, so don't spend too much time there.
It's all about your junctions. Knowing what magic to junction where before a fight makes it so much easier. Half the time everything I'm fighting is just asleep.

I'm at the point now where I'm just doing sidequests before the final battle. Farming Marlboros is risky business.

i have B sided literally every level in celeste

i even C sided a the first 2 (i was never good at the mansion level)

but chapter 9

chapter 9

that shit is impossible

but chapter 9

chapter 9

that shit is impossible
I stopped just short of platinum and got sidetracked with other things. No idea how long it will take me to get good again. Is it PC only right now or both?

I stopped just short of platinum and got sidetracked with other things. No idea how long it will take me to get good again. Is it PC only right now or both?
all systems now

also i saw the spoiler and let me just say

OH MY GOD MADELINE IS TRANS I AM LITERALLY SHAKING

That shouldn't be a problem for me, I usually try as hard as I can to keep my characters around the same level (it works great until you get something like "LVL 5 DEATH" cast on you!).

but chapter 9

chapter 9

that shit is impossible

That game was torture (in a good way?). I'm not great at platformers so I was just happy to finish the A sides. Didn't get even close to getting all the strawberries. What a soundtrack, though.

That shouldn't be a problem for me, I usually try as hard as I can to keep my characters around the same level (it works great until you get something like "LVL 5 DEATH" cast on you!).

That game was torture (in a good way?). I'm not great at platformers so I was just happy to finish the A sides. Didn't get even close to getting all the strawberries. What a soundtrack, though.

And when it gets cast, the one person in your party that doesn't die also can't revive, and you forgot to buy some Phoenix Downs.

Also, Celeste is great, I need to go back and actually finish it so I can see the Chapter 9 DLC. I had gotten partway through the core and did the first b-side, but was playing on Switch without a pro controller. Game's hard enough, surprised I got as far as I did with the Joycons. I was playing casually on Xbox (controller is SOOO much better) but got distracted by other games.

Back