Everything Video Games!

I like the new game plus options for spending your renown to expedite some things
Yea New Game + is where it's at. The 4 saint statues stay leveled up and then I spent my renown to get my professor level back up to an A. It makes recruiting people a lot easier. My 2nd playthrough I recruited most of the people I could.

Yea New Game + is where it's at. The 4 saint statues stay leveled up and then I spent my renown to get my professor level back up to an A. It makes recruiting people a lot easier. My 2nd playthrough I recruited most of the people I could.
I’m trying to decide how much recruiting I want to do if I’m gonna play all the routes anyway. Playing golden deer now and I recruited Petra because I would not be able to face her in battle. But theeeen I feel like I need to recruit the rest of BE too, especially linhardt.
which BE route did you end up liking more?

I’m trying to decide how much recruiting I want to do if I’m gonna play all the routes anyway. Playing golden deer now and I recruited Petra because I would not be able to face her in battle. But theeeen I feel like I need to recruit the rest of BE too, especially linhardt.
which BE route did you end up liking more?
They both have their +/-. I hated fighting against Edelgard in the church playthrough much more than I hated fighting the Church characters (except Catherine, she rules). The Edelgard route is also shorter, although that final battle is a tough one. Both Rhea and Edelgard are villainous in their own ways, but Edelgard is the bigger villain imo.

I've only just finished the Gronder Field battle with Blue Lions, so I imagine I have a couple chapters remaining.

Taking it slow!
There are multiple Gronder Field battles, but I'm assuming you mean the first one, which means you're about halfway done the 1st half of the game.

My next playthrough will be at a much slower pace. My first two averaged about 55ish hours each.

Last edited:
There are multiple Gronder Field battles, but I'm assuming you mean the first one, which means you're about halfway done the 1st half of the game.

My next playthrough will be at a much slower pace. My first two averaged about 55ish hours each.

No, sorry. The later one. I'm in Ch...18, maybe? Near the end. About 52 hours in.

Currently playing Black Eagles and recruited Felix from the Lions. That little guy is dope. Also levelling the shit out of Bernie, she's my main with Ferdie as Paladin.

Currently playing Black Eagles and recruited Felix from the Lions. That little guy is dope. Also levelling the shit out of Bernie, she's my main with Ferdie as Paladin.
Felix is a top tier recruit in my experience. I was also a big fan of adding Lysithea and Shamir to my Black Eagle ranks

Felix is a top tier recruit in my experience. I was also a big fan of adding Lysithea and Shamir to my Black Eagle ranks

Got Shamir already, but she's often the one that doesn't make the cut in my troops. Currenlty working on Lysithea. Got Ignatz & Lorentz as well last session, but still thinking if they are going be useful or not.

Got Shamir already, but she's often the one that doesn't make the cut in my troops. Currenlty working on Lysithea. Got Ignatz & Lorentz as well last session, but still thinking if they are going be useful or not.
Shamir and Bernie are a fantastic 1/2 archer punch, and Lysithea is one of the strongest magic users in the game. Ignatz & Lorentz never got much play for me. Catherine is another fantastic addition to your lineup if you can get her.

I was reallyyyyyyy disappointed with the last chapter in the church route, having rhea just randomly go berserk during conversation was so sloppy, it made the ending suck for me. It would have been so much better if rhea had gone insane right away in the previous chapter since that map was wayyy too easy for a late-game chapter.

also, dubstep music in a fire emblem map was the last thing i would have expected from this game, lmao.

I was reallyyyyyyy disappointed with the last chapter in the church route, having rhea just randomly go berserk during conversation was so sloppy, it made the ending suck for me. It would have been so much better if rhea had gone insane right away in the previous chapter since that map was wayyy too easy for a late-game chapter.

also, dubstep music in a fire emblem map was the last thing i would have expected from this game, lmao.
My wife shot me a "what the fuck are you playing?" look when that music came on.

I beat Three Houses a second time, so I'm all done with the Black Eagle House. My next playthrough will be the Blue Lions

I finally started my first 3H campaign yesterday. I’m going for normal difficulty (which I heard is too easy) but classic mode (because it’s Fire Emblem!). I was hooked from the very opening scene. It should be a wild ride.

FUUUUUCK THIS IS AWESOME!! Wraith is my main in Apex, so seeing this lore is great! And DAMN, this animation! This dialogue! Has there ever been this great of a short film for a video game?! If you're not playing Apex Legends, get to it! They're cooking up some big things!

Felix is a monster.

I finally started my first 3H campaign yesterday. I’m going for normal difficulty (which I heard is too easy) but classic mode (because it’s Fire Emblem!). I was hooked from the very opening scene. It should be a wild ride.

The game gives you so many outs (in the form of the Divine Pulse) that Normal kinda feels like having someone chew your food for you. I'd recommend restarting on Hard, since you can lower the difficulty if you decide it's too much, but there's no way to raise it from Normal if you think it's too easy.

Another one bites the dust! I've been on a roll lately clearing out my backlog. Finished Moonlighter this weekend. I had mixed feelings at the end. While the concept is great and the little bits of story sprinkled throughout are neat, some of the gameplay mechanics left a sour taste in my mouth. I got used to the controls, but had a lot of inconsistencies on hitboxes. I also had issues with a few achievements. One session didn't track any of my kills in a dungeon or the times I got to floor 3 of said dungeon (10x required for each dungeon), so I had to redo work I already did. There's also an achievement for killing each boss with the broom, which is the starter "weapon" and is super weak. First two bosses tracked properly, but the third and fourth did not. Speaking of those bosses, there's also achievements for getting no damage kills on each. The inconsistent hitboxes on bosses 2-4 caused me to give up on the third and fourth. The fourth was especially shitty, because one of its random attacks is a large AOE electricity attack. It give you roughly 2 seconds (I might be generous here) to get out of the way. The problem is sometimes that safe zone is on the opposite side of the boss area, sometimes it's a small slice of the AOE circle. If you are playing a melee character, this feat is damn near impossible. The final boss in the game is structured to favor ranged attacks too. I tried doing it melee a couple of times, but gave up because at that point I was done with the game and just wanted to see the ending.

For a kickstarter backed game it's pretty good overall. Some tweaks/polishing/DLC and I think it could be great.

Just hit the start of Part 2 with the Golden Deer on Three Houses. This is one of those games you kinda need the wiki for. I had zero students recruited until two in-game months before the end of Part 1 and had to lavish them all with the right gifts to get them into my team.

Still though, quite chuffed with my Mortal Savant Dorothea. A little peeved that for some reason women can't be Dark Mages, like what's with that?

Massively enjoying it so far, looking forward to Part 2!

Back