Everything Video Games!

Started FFVIII Remastered. Ugh, I love this game. I wish more had been "remastered" than just the character models and Guardian force models. The world map, cut scenes, and backgrounds are the same, so it's a weird juxtaposition. Still love the game, though.

So the new plants vs zombies garden warfare game just dropped on consoles as an early access game for $30. Full game releases in October for $40. I played the alpha a few weeks back and it Was pretty damn polished for an alpha. I liked 2 a lot and my kid is into it so it was a no brainer for me

more DLC characters for smash confirmed!!

that means...

REX AND PYRA FROM XENOBLADE 2 hopefully :’)

yeah im definitely getting a switch one day (its on my christmas list) i just dunno if i will get a lite or a standard.. because i dont need the docked mode

yeah im definitely getting a switch one day (its on my christmas list) i just dunno if i will get a lite or a standard.. because i dont need the docked mode

it depends on your TV mode to handheld mode ratio, if the latter one is bigger, i say lite is good

it depends on your TV mode to handheld mode ratio, if the latter one is bigger, i say lite is good
the later one is like 1000000000% times bigger

i dont have a tv

but no rumble is kinda a hard thing to swallow.. plus a smaller screen

Last edited:

i dont have a tv

I'm pretty sure it's unconfirmed if it has rumble or not. They've definitely said "no HD rumble", but many people interpret that as still having regular rumble. None of the recent reviews (at least that I have seen) cleared that up so as far as I can tell we are still waiting for the release to find out.

i dont have a tv

switch lite screen is still large enough compared to even the 3ds XL. I say go lite all the way, rumble aint that important imo

Probably the most exciting thing from the Direct for me. The Switch is my first Nintendo console, so all the other news seemed cool but it's all games and series I don't know. Very keen to play more Zelda games though which is why SNES games are cool.
If you haven't played that lineup of SNES games, you're in for a treat! All really good games, though I will say Super Mario Kart and Star Fox were improved by leaps and bounds with their N64 successors. Still impressive games, especially Star Fox, considering the technical limitations. And for me, Link to the Past was my favorite Zelda title until Breath of the Wild came out. Looking forward to playing that one again, it's been too long.

Also, why didn't anyone force me to play Horizon: Zero Dawn earlier. Started it last night, and was instantly sucked into the world. Can't wait to play more tonight!
It's so damn good. One of the most engrossing stories I've experienced for a long, long time. I wish I could totally forget it all and play through it again.

Also, why didn't anyone force me to play Horizon: Zero Dawn earlier. Started it last night, and was instantly sucked into the world. Can't wait to play more tonight!
It's sooo good. I wasn't a "gamer" till Fallout 4, but then HZD quickly overtook that as my favorite gaming experience thus far. Reminds me I still have the DLC to do, but there's just so many gosh darn games to play/finish.

My wife is obsessed with RDR 2 - >95% in 2 play thought. Told her We had RDR 1 on PS+, but we gave away our PS3 to a charity a wee while ago. We’ve just bought a second hand PS3...

Note 1 - PS Now sucked, even with our super-fast broadband
nNote 2 - if you are getting rid of old kit, I’d highly recommend looking to see if you have a local charity that puts consoles into Kids wards in hospital. The old PS3 and a Wii went to a charity called Get Well Gamers here in the UK. If you aren’t bothered about the trade in value it’s totally worth it.

It's sooo good. I wasn't a "gamer" till Fallout 4, but then HZD quickly overtook that as my favorite gaming experience thus far. Reminds me I still have the DLC to do, but there's just so many gosh darn games to play/finish.
I've been playing games for almost 30 years, and at this point it's not often that a game fully captures my attention from the opening scenes. I usually get drawn in by an art style, and then slowly get sucked in. This game is one of those rare instances, the opening shots completely drew me in.

I hear you on too many games to play. I got this game during Black Friday last year, and am just now starting it. Got Nier: Automata at the same time, it's next on the list. I also started playing Void Bastards on Game Pass on Tuesday, and decided I better start HZD before I get too sucked into that one. It's a really fun game though. I'm a sucker for Roguelikes, and this one is an FPS/Space Exploration game from the people that did Bioshock. Does a really good job of adding a ton of nostalgia, but with modern graphics and mechanics.

Back