Everything Video Games!

Anyone gonna be playing WoW Classic when it comes out next monday?? I am so hyped to jump back into Azeroth with friends. We decided on going Horde on Fairbanks pvp server (US-West). I'm running a Tauren Shaman! See y'all in the barrens
Definitely considered it but I don't think I can play WoW again. Will just have to look back fondly on those memories.

Just popping in to say that as someone who is yet to get started on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, I appreciate all the spoiler tags. I'm trying to give my wife a break before I delve into another life-consuming game. But the tiny cartridge is already there, staring at me...

As an xbox player... this one stings. I was REALLY hoping for spiderman to be released on xbox someday, but that hope is now gone. 😞

I don't want to buy a whole different console just to play a game that I could watch someone play through on youtube. Forced exclusivity sucks big time.
There are sooo many awesome PS exclusives in addition to that one, though. I do get having a hard time with getting another console, otherwise I'd have a Switch by now.

There are sooo many awesome PS exclusives in addition to that one, though. I do get having a hard time with getting another console, otherwise I'd have a Switch by now.
At the end of the day, I don’t see a point in buying a whole new freaking console based on exclusives when I could just watch gameplay of any exclusives that even SLIGHTLY interest me.

Also, I don’t want to buy a whole new console because of my friends most likely not joining me on it. They’re Xbox mainstays. It would be lonely and boring if I couldn’t play games with my friends.

A switch I’d be okay with getting though because I love the aspect of having games on the go. I accept that if I’m not at home I can play games by myself on a switch and then play Xbox with my friends when I am. (NOTE: I don’t have a switch yet this is just me justifying why I would be willing to get one down the line)

At the end of the day, I don’t see a point in buying a whole new freaking console based on exclusives when I could just watch gameplay of any exclusives that even SLIGHTLY interest me.
This is one of my biggest making me feel old subjects. I don't know if I'll ever understand how "kids these days" get the same enjoyment out of watching someone play a game as playing it themselves. It just makes me want to play it even more if it looks like fun!

Edit: Really not being judgemental, it's fine, just observing that I don't understand!

This is one of my biggest making me feel old subjects. I don't know if I'll ever understand how "kids these days" get the same enjoyment out of watching someone play a game as playing it themselves. It just makes me want to play it even more if it looks like fun!
It's basically a bar on playing it that I don't feel the need to hurdle over. The console barricade is severely pushing me away from ever playing it, due to me most likely having to pay $200+ to play it.

I do agree with your sentiment in wanting to play things after watching people play them. However, some games are more akin to movies, being much more cinematic, meaning it's much easier for me to be okay with just watching it versus playing it myself in certain cases.

Did anyone else catch Nintendo's Indie presentation the other day? Lot of games I'm looking forward to. Also really exciting that a whole new audience will get to experience Ori and the Blind Forest, it's one of my favorites of all time. I teared up a little when the music started playing.

Been playing a lot of games on game pass lately. Tried Ruiner, haven't decided if I like that one yet or not. Also tried Moonlighter, loved the premise of shop owner by day, dungeon crawler by night. However, the controls are a bit stiff, unresponsive at times, which has let to some frustrations. I'm hoping that better equipment improves the combat a bit. I did get the first spear, which I was much better with than the sword and shield, but still a bit clunky.

Made some progress on Bloodborne, I'm on the witches boss right now. I flew through the first couple of phases, and was going ham on the third witch, when I got hit with stun magic from off screen. I then proceeded to get annihilated with nothing I could do about it, so I called it a night.

Finally, I beat the main part of Super Lucky's Tale. I went in expecting a Mario/Banjo experience, but the game is a huge tribute to Crash Bandicoot. Good mechanics and just the right amount of difficulty, but was a bit short. There is DLC, maybe I'll check those out at some point.

So amazon put out a listing of an Overwatch branded Nintendo Switch case, and then pulled the listing a few minutes later.....so it looks like the game is probably incoming

1hDjl58.png

• Sturdy outer shell with rubberized handle and durable dual zipper pulls
  • Molded interior fits Console in handheld mode, and features felt lining plus zippered mesh storage
  • Built-in padded screen-protector flap includes storage for nine game cards
  • Officially Licensed by Nintendo and blizzard entertainment
  • Two-year limited warranty - register at PowerA.Com
Take your Nintendo Switch on the go with this sturdy compact case Designed precisely to fit the Console in handheld mode. Inside you'll find a felt lining, Overwatch logo Tag, screen-protector flap with storage for nine game cards, and zippered mesh storage pocket. This portable case with Overwatch design gives you the freedom to have fun on the go with your Nintendo Switch. Wherever. Whenever

Got an ok ending to Detroit: Become Human. Yet again, QuanticDream makes me realize how much I despise nonsensical QTE. Second game of theirs where I've lost a character due to BS QTE. Actually lost 2 of the 3 playable characters this time but said "Not today, satan" and went back to a checkpoint to keep the second loss alive.

Moonlighter took a little getting used to, but is insanely fun now. I beat the first major boss last night, and did a flawless fight and got the final blow with the broom for the related achievements. The controls felt really chunky at first, but after playing a bit I think it's intentional. The main character is a shopkeeper, not a trained fighter. As such, actions have to be very deliberate, and attacks aren't consistently timed. Each fight requires that you plan your moves more ahead of time than other games to ensure things go the way you want them to.

Back