Everything Video Games!

Ha I was hoping to ask y'all about the other houses but apparently we're all playing Black Eagles
I'm repping Golden Deer for the first run through as I've traditionally preferred the ranged units in FE games. (Also Claude is cute.)

I really thought it was gonna make me pick a house right after the tutorial stage but I think that must have been a bait-and-switch since you immediately are told to actually talk to them before you do anything else. I'm only just at Hogwarts the Monastery so there's a loooot of game to go.

I'm repping Golden Deer for the first run through as I've traditionally preferred the ranged units in FE games. (Also Claude is cute.)

I really thought it was gonna make me pick a house right after the tutorial stage but I think that must have been a bait-and-switch since you immediately are told to actually talk to them before you do anything else. I'm only just at Hogwarts the Monastery so there's a loooot of game to go.
Also also, I read somewhere that the Black Eagles line is radically different from the other two, which are more "traditionally" Fire Emblem storylines. So I'll probably do that one second. (spoiler just to be safe, pretty sure it gives nothing away)

Got to the time skip with the Black Eagles. Ish is crazy. I'd be down to start a Fire Emblem conversation so we're not blowing up this thread with spoilers and other comments.
Havent gotten there yet. I'm at the start of the first winter month currently

Anyone played The Outer Wilds? If you haven't, it's a first person space exploration game with a time loop mechanic. Basically, you have 22 minutes to explore and discover new secrets in your solar system before the sun goes supernova and time resets. You retain knowledge of anything you discover, and death is another way to reset the loop. I just started it last night, but it's really fun so far and I think this will be my wind down game after continuing my Bloodborne journey.

Just finished Nier: Automata and, safe to say, that in spite of some minor flaws- that it sits alongside Conkers Bad Fur Day, Grim Fandango, Knights of the Old Republic and The Last of Us as some of the best storytelling I've ever experienced in a video game.

The best gaming youtuber has released his magnum opus:

He's like a modern and refined kitty0706.

I've never watched this channel, but this was exactly what I needed this morning. Is their other content like this?

"I don't Payless, I pay NONE!"

Sunset is still the best new ip xbox one exclusive and I have no idea why they didn’t make a sequel.

Because they didn’t make enough money on Sunset Overdrive. Whenever you see MS not come out with a sequel for something, even tho it may be the best game ever, it’s because of sales.

Because they didn’t make enough money on Sunset Overdrive. Whenever you see MS not come out with a sequel for something, even tho it may be the best game ever, it’s because of sales.

See Conker's Bad Fur Day which I would argue is actually in the conversation for greatest game of all time and Microsoft canned the sequel to after purchasing Rare even though it was already in development.

Just hopped on the FE train this week! First Fire Emblem game I've played and I'm loving the hell out of it.
About 10 hours in on Golden Deer.

Anyone played The Outer Wilds? If you haven't, it's a first person space exploration game with a time loop mechanic. Basically, you have 22 minutes to explore and discover new secrets in your solar system before the sun goes supernova and time resets. You retain knowledge of anything you discover, and death is another way to reset the loop. I just started it last night, but it's really fun so far and I think this will be my wind down game after continuing my Bloodborne journey.

I think I may have picked that one up a couple weeks back on sale. Will need to check it out either way!

Re-upped my PS+ membership, so I’m currently playing Wipeout on the 4th or 5th platform. Also downloaded Killszone Shadow Fall on a whim. Enjoying it, but not loving it.

What I did finally do is try my Vita as a remote PS4. Absolutely brilliant.

currently playing Wipeout on the 4th or 5th platform.
Nice, I really like the collection but I hadn't played any of the included games before. Do you have PSVR? Wipeout includes the VR mode and it's really great, I can only handle a couple races at a time though, I need to build up my VR tolerance.

Nice, I really like the collection but I hadn't played any of the included games before. Do you have PSVR? Wipeout includes the VR mode and it's really great, I can only handle a couple races at a time though, I need to build up my VR tolerance.
No VR. Have a feeling that it would make me throw up...

Observer is pretty good. Also a tad frustrating at parts. Not very difficult since its journey is pretty guided, but it requires a little trial and error in a few parts. It's eerie and stylish for sure. Where it struggles most is in balancing suspense with speed, since your movement is single-speed throughout. The story is interesting though! A nice little tease for the cyberpunk senses until CP2077 comes out.

Have you played ADRIFT?

Anyone playing No Mans Sky? The Beyond update is out next week and it got me thinking of things to do in the game with multiplayer. I was thinking maybe hire myself out in game like Firefly or something. Grab a freighter drift around the galaxy, maybe form a team of like minded Explorers/miners and pool our resources.

Anyone playing No Mans Sky? The Beyond update is out next week and it got me thinking of things to do in the game with multiplayer. I was thinking maybe hire myself out in game like Firefly or something. Grab a freighter drift around the galaxy, maybe form a team of like minded Explorers/miners and pool our resources.

I’ve played quite a bit on ps4 on release, then Xbox on re-release. Looking forward to firing it up again next week

Fire Emblem is so much fun. I'm past the time jump

I knew the Black Eagles split into two storylines and I just assumed I was going to have to make a choice at the jump. I was really hoping to make a save file right before the time jump and then easily explore both possible Black Eagle endings. Sadly i missed the chance to stay with Edelgard and now I'm playing out the Church 2nd half of the game. I'm already plotting out how I'm going to handle my New Game +

I've been on and off playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Hit 200.3%/200.6%. Now to scan my map versus a complete one to find those two rooms I'm missing... Out of 1890...

And then play it again as Richter!

Back