Everything Video Games!

As someone who remembered loving Ocarina of Time when a kid but just feeling utterly overwhelmed whenever playing Breath of the Wild-

Is Skyward Sword for me? (Never played it)
Maybe? SS is like a mix of the two you mentioned, a precursor sort of to the eventual full openness of BotW. Parts are open, but the rest is pretty linear.

I enjoyed it when it when I played it, finnicky controls and all. Now that they're more accessible on Switch, I think the consesnsus is emerging that it is indeed a mid tier Zelda game. It has some of the best dungeon design in the entire series (no exaggeration), but the parts in between get REALLY repetitive and kind of a slog. That may be remidied a little by the QoL changes in this version though. All this to say that I think every Zelda fan should play it at least once.

have any of you seen this video that just recently came out where this person seems to have figured out a solution for Joycon drift by using a thin piece of cardboard/card stock?

I haven't tried it myself but I saw a Spawn Wave video where he mentioned that he's seen that other people have tried this and it works. If so, hopefully it will have Nintendo come up with a similar, more permanent solution on future production of Joycons.

Maybe? SS is like a mix of the two you mentioned, a precursor sort of to the eventual full openness of BotW. Parts are open, but the rest is pretty linear.

I enjoyed it when it when I played it, finnicky controls and all. Now that they're more accessible on Switch, I think the consesnsus is emerging that it is indeed a mid tier Zelda game. It has some of the best dungeon design in the entire series (no exaggeration), but the parts in between get REALLY repetitive and kind of a slog. That may be remidied a little by the QoL changes in this version though. All this to say that I think every Zelda fan should play it at least once.
That's good to know. I'll probably wait to borrow it from one of my friends after they've beaten it.

As for the Witcher 3 update that nobody asked for:

I finally hit a wall on my NG+ file. I was trying to push through the Heart of Stone questline while underleved (and still wearing my level 40 Grandmaster gear from my NG file) and I can't get past the wraith at the Von Everec estate. I assume that even if I could get past her at this point I would have a hard time with the Iris' Worst Nightmare boss fight. So, I gave up and decided to move forward with the main quest, so I can level up some more and make these fights manageable.

The problem is that I can't motivate myself to do what's coming in the main quest (Isle of Mists and then the Battle of Kaer Mohen). Instead, Geralt has succumbed to his gwent addiction and that's all he does now. Maybe I should order Skyward Sword after all!

Thanks that's good info. Probably wait initially as I'm gonna grab the Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut next month anyway which will be my time sink

I pre-ordered my copy of Skyward Sword months ago from Bull Moose. Well before their whole screw up this past May.

It hasn't shipped yet, so I doubt I will have it on release day or this weekend. Should I cancel my pre-order and try my luck at Target tomorrow? I have a target within walking distance, and a Game Stop within a half mile of me. So I assume I should be able to get a physical copy, unless all the retail stores are in the same boat.

I saw that yesterday. So many tweets with Switch Killer or This the Switch Pro.
Should be a niche market for this. I read depending on the game, 2 hour battery life.
I'm happy that it exists in that the mobile market (but not on mobile) can exists / is doing well.

there will be overlap with systems and target audience, but this will mostly run parallel with switch and will in no way be a switch killer.

I'm happy that it exists in that the mobile market (but not on mobile) can exists / is doing well.

there will be overlap with systems and target audience, but this will mostly run parallel with switch and will in no way be a switch killer.
The great thing is that there’s a system for everyone. I’m not a PC gamer and I’m sure there will be emulation possibilities with this, so it seems like a win win. But those price points are a lot.

I'm curious about the Steam Deck but I don't know about the button placement. The right-side looks weird to me, I want to check one out in person first.

What's interesting about the steam deck is that it runs on Steam OS, which is a custom linux platform. Yet, it's supposed to be able to play ever single windows game. I guess they have been working on a open source project / custom branch of wine for years to make this happen.

This also means, should they ever want to, they could easily update the Steam Mac OS app to be able to play all windows games as well. As wine does work on Macs. Though the gaming experience has always been sub par / buggy. But maybe they solved all that with the years of hard work they put into making this possible for the Steam Deam.

Then again, I bet you that they don't. I'm sure Macs will be continued to be ignored for gaming.

The great thing is that there’s a system for everyone. I’m not a PC gamer and I’m sure there will be emulation possibilities with this, so it seems like a win win. But those price points are a lot.
Yeah I think the cost is mitigated enormously for people who already have a bunch of games in their steam library, as you don't have to re-buy them, which is great. Obviously if you don't have any that point is moot.

I am not a big mobile gamer, so I doubt I will consider getting one.

One of the games shown in the trailer is Factorio, which I just discovered and have been loving the demo. Will most likely buy the full version soon.

What's interesting about the steam deck is that it runs on Steam OS, which is a custom linux platform. Yet, it's supposed to be able to play ever single windows game. I guess they have been working on a open source project / custom branch of wine for years to make this happen.
yeah.. proton is doing it (basically its wine built into steam with a bunch more details).. but its not finished yet and this is the amount of games it cant support (though they claim they will fix it by the time it ships)

also apparently you can install windows on it

now.. the big question is should I do the one with eMMC storage or the 256 SSD

Last edited:
If Valve supports a device for more than a year, I'll be shocked.
Just curious why you say this?

Ive never had a gaming PC so never got into Steam too much but know they have great sales and such. Plus with having Microsoft games (have a PS5) this seems like itd be perfect for me. Not sure if I want to do the reserve fee or not and might just wait until there's a general release of them

Just curious why you say this?

Ive never had a gaming PC so never got into Steam too much but know they have great sales and such. Plus with having Microsoft games (have a PS5) this seems like itd be perfect for me. Not sure if I want to do the reserve fee or not and might just wait until there's a general release of them
the steam controller, steam machines, the steam link, steam OS in the same graveyard we put google wave and the virtual boy in

Back