Everything Video Games!

Just saw the same thing :oops:

Not only held on to it, never opened you games.

And then paid WATA to have it graded so that it can never actually be opened.

Listen, I have lots of old retro games. Some even complete in the box. (My complete Chrono Trigger has shot up in price over the pandemic to almost $1000 Canadian) But the whole sealed and graded game collecting scene is one that I cannot understand. They've had a booth at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention every year that I've been, and it's cool to see some of the stuff they have. But 1.5 million for any single video game is a no.

Last edited:
And then paid WADA to have it graded so that it can never actually be opened.

Listen, I have lots of old retro games. Some even complete in the box. (My complete Chrono Trigger has shot up in price over the pandemic to almost $1000 Canadian) But the whole sealed and graded game collecting scene is one that I cannot understand. They've had a booth at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention every year that I've been, and it's cool to see some of the stuff they have. But 1.5 million for any single video game is a no.

But hey, at least it was 1.5 million for an NFT of the sealed video game.

And then paid WADA to have it graded so that it can never actually be opened.

I get it on some levels, but this particular sale is fishy to me. There's nothing special about that cartridge beyond the condition and early run. A much rarer and older Zelda went for half that price two weeks ago. I call shenanigans on this one.

I get it on some levels, but this particular sale is fishy to me. There's nothing special about that cartridge beyond the condition and early run. A much rarer and older Zelda went for half that price two weeks ago. I call shenanigans on this one.
Agreed.

As much I think the "graded game" thing is a bogus way of creating some sort of invisible "extra value" to a game to be collected, typically a graded version of a game adds anywhere from $300 to $2000 depending on the condition. That's what it shows on PriceCharting.com:

1626121727857.png
1626121783314.png
1626121833745.png

Then you have the Super Mario 64 page:
1626121902431.png

If the last graded auction price was $6500, even if that 1.5 million copy is nearly mint and sealed, no way that it should go for that price.

Agreed.

As much I think the "graded game" thing is a bogus way of creating some sort of invisible "extra value" to a game to be collected, typically a graded version of a game adds anywhere from $300 to $2000 depending on the condition. That's what it shows on PriceCharting.com:

View attachment 105421
View attachment 105422
View attachment 105423

Then you have the Super Mario 64 page:
View attachment 105424

If the last graded auction price was $6500, even if that 1.5 million copy is nearly mint and sealed, no way that it should go for that price.

FFXIV is blowing the fuck up, and good for them. Glad more people will get to enjoy this story. I haven't quite finished Shadowbringers yet, so I'll have to resub here soon.
My wife plays every day. Probably the worst thing I ever did was introduce her to that game. I resub when big expansions come out, blast through the story content and then get bored while everyone starts hitting the end game raids.

Nickelodeon is making a Smash clone, but they own a lot of properties these days so it's a bit enticing... The commercial for it is super lame considering how epic the Smash trailers are, but whatevs, Zim vs Michelangelo vs Powdered Toast Man, vs Reptar, I'm in.

this is a day 1 purchase for me 😌

Anyone played Code Vein? I started it last week after I finished Doom: Eternal. A friend had recommended it back when I was playing Dark Souls. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It pulls a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls, but with all the tropey anime stuff you either love or hate. It controls really well and does a couple of unique things, like being able to change class on the fly, and having an AI or human companion. It's also much easier than Dark Souls, at least so far, part of that due to the companion helping you out.

Got the joy con and amiibo coming in but going to wait until I have more time and or a sale (whichever comes first) to get the game.

I was tempted to get the Amiibo. But I guess I slacked. I would have had to pre-ordered it back in May. It's sold out everywhere now. The only way to get it right now is via flippers on ebay selling it for 3x MSRP.

Wonder if there will be a restock after game launch.

As someone who remembered loving Ocarina of Time when a kid but just feeling utterly overwhelmed whenever playing Breath of the Wild-

Is Skyward Sword for me? (Never played it)

Back