Everything Video Games!

There are plenty of us on the og switch configuration that don’t have that nice battery bump.
I am one of these people too. I almost always use it docked on a TV. My girlfriend plays Animal Crossing on it handheld but the battery is more than adequate for how long she plays. I guess it doesn't feel like huge upgrade, like you said, just a slight improvement.

I am one of these people too. I almost always use it docked on a TV. My girlfriend plays Animal Crossing on it handheld but the battery is more than adequate for how long she plays. I guess it doesn't feel like huge upgrade, like you said, just a slight improvement.
Funny, I play all my games handheld 99% of the time (the battery dying actually keeps me from binging too hard!).

This new Switch won't get current owners to upgrade because it's barely an upgrade. Diehards might buy it to have it but it'll be wasted if the new Switch Pro just comes out in less than a year. Everyone will just wait and see for something better.
I may purchase it only because my 5 yr old son destroyed my OG 😞

so Nintendo finally announces the new Switch, but just seems to be bigger/better screen (but still same sized body), enhanced audio, better kickstand, but doesn't seem it will improve performance in any way or will output higher resolutions as speculated

wondering if it's worth the upgrade from my switch lite.

Funny, I play all my games handheld 99% of the time (the battery dying actually keeps me from binging too hard!).
this is me too. I rarely ever play the Switch docked. this upgrade is nice, especially for those like us who mostly play in handheld, but it's definitely something that I am not planning on grabbing at this point based off of the announced specs. of course that may all change if/when I see the OLED model in action and see a major upgrade with the new screen

I also meant to add in the iPhone XX, XX pro, XX pro max analogy that Nintendo themselves are no stranger to mid year cycles with the 3ds , n3ds, n3dsxl, 2ds.
Arguably with oled switch offers the biggest reason to double dip or jump in for the first time over most of these examples (2ds door wedge was cheaper and durable but i feel switch lite took that model).

I’m disappointed , as I was hoping of a 4K upscale model or some slight performance boost , but it wasn’t executed well in the past and may take away from switch 2

I may get this bc if joycons and dock alone.
I have day 1 switch and could make it the kid’s switch. One thing is for sure is that I don’t need this at all.

C0C9C10C-03A2-468B-A7F6-23CFF959E97C.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually wish I played my switch more. But I just can't ever bring myself to pay the Nintendo tax on games and everything that I seem to get excited for from them has severe limitations that seem to make no sense besides because we can still charge full price without adding X.

With that said, I'm also the same dummy who went with the digital only PS5 to save some money in the short run and locked myself into Sony's storefront so maybe I'm just fully suckered into Sony at this point.

I might buy the “new” Switch and give my daughter the current(2 y/o) model. I introduced her to Mario Kart last month and she is hooked. This would also give her the ability to have her own island on Animal Crossing.

I'm so let down. I've been waiting so long to get a damn Switch... and a bigger screen and a network port is what they do. The storage is a joke, $30 get's you two to three times that in an SD card. Unless it gets some sort of Gold Legend of Zelda treatment, screw it, I'll wait until next gen.

I'm so let down. I've been waiting so long to get a damn Switch... and a bigger screen and a network port is what they do. The storage is a joke, $30 get's you two to three times that in an SD card. Unless it gets some sort of Gold Legend of Zelda treatment, screw it, I'll wait until next gen.
This upgrade is a let down, but the switch itself is worth getting at this point imo. There's a lot to play. And if history is any indicator, if you wait for next gen, you probably won't be able to play most switch exclusives on it anyway.

I dunno then you have to wait for the Switch 2.0 PRO. There’s always something newer around the corner.

It has great games, and unless you had a WiiU that library alone is worth it.

This upgrade is a let down, but the switch itself is worth getting at this point imo. There's a lot to play. And if history is any indicator, if you wait for next gen, you probably won't be able to play most switch exclusives on it anyway.

I dunno then you have to wait for the Switch 2.0 PRO. There’s always something newer around the corner.

It has great games, and unless you had a WiiU that library alone is worth it.

My wife has one, so if I really want to play things I can, It's just a matter of principle at this point. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I buy a Nintendo system they announce a newer, better and/or cooler version the week after I've spent the money. I almost want to bet money on the moment I decide to click the button on the Switch OLED, they'll announce the Legend of Zelda version or the actual Switch Pro. It's maddening.

I feel like it's my fault the new version is so lame. Like, they want to release the ultra cool 4K, faster, LoZ, gold plated version but they're sitting at headquarters just pacing in circles saying "Well Max hasn't bought one of the older ones yet, we can't just release the better version until he's already committed!"

So, I'm sorry.

Resident Evil Village is a return to form for the series in the sense that the voice acting and dialogue have not been this bad since the originals. Havin a great time with it, though.
Really!? I thought the voice acting was top notch especially The Duke, The Hag and Lady Dimitrescu or any of the villains for that matter.
I don't know how far along you are but the storyline and dialogue is what made it so enjoyable for me. 🤷‍♂️

Really!? I thought the voice acting was top notch especially The Duke, The Hag and Lady Dimitrescu or any of the villains for that matter.
I don't know how far along you are but the storyline and dialogue is what made it so enjoyable for me. 🤷‍♂️
Those three you mentioned are pretty good, but everybody else is hilarious. Heisenberg's is genuinely awful, but Ethan's VA and all of the villagers with extremely American accents sound like they're hamming it up on purpose and are funny as hell. It's fine though, I've always treated RE like a big B movie, and it's not hampering my enjoyment of the game any.

Played through Tacoma with my fiancé on Friday. Made by the same company that did Gone Home, and this was also highly enjoyable. Not quite as good or memorable as Gone Home (or some others in this "genre" like What Remains Of Edith Finch, Firewatch, and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture), but it has a very interesting story discovery mechanic and so much environmental storytelling throughout. Would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys this style of game.

Back