Everything Video Games!

Finished the main story in Yoku's Island Express. What a quaint and fun game! Granted it's more fun once you realize that the fruit supply is endless and don't have to feel as frustrated by racking up your thorn counter. It's short, but more than worth what I nabbed it for on Black Friday.
Adored this game!

Started Cyberpunk on the PC the other night...didn't get too far past selecting my breast size and whether to have a vagina, penis or neither.
You know as much of a deal as people made about genital customization, I was both slightly underwhelmed by my choices and greatly disappointed that after 30 hours I haven't had any use for them (well maybe once, but I didn't follow through with that option, so I guess I'll find out next play through).

You know as much of a deal as people made about genital customization, I was both slightly underwhelmed by my choices and greatly disappointed that after 30 hours I haven't had any use for them (well maybe once, but I didn't follow through with that option, so I guess I'll find out next play through).
the other night I was playing and went to the character screen to apply some experience points and was horrified to realize that somehow I had ZERO pairs of pants in my inventory and had been running around for who knows how long with my character's dick flopping around for everyone to see.

the other night I was playing and went to the character screen to apply some experience points and was horrified to realize that somehow I had ZERO pairs of pants in my inventory and had been running around for who knows how long with my character's dick flopping around for everyone to see.
It's definitely one of the most unintentionally comical games I've ever played. My personal favorite so far is encountering two badass NPCs piggybacking each other in the middle of a desert road whilst simultaneously talking shit to me. So I ran them over with my car which caused one of them to get embedded inside the engine block as I drove around. Then the police fell from the sky and killed me. The end.

Last edited:
With all the talk on Hades, anyone played other Supergiant Games....Transistor/Pyre/Bastion?

I'm thinking of giving them a go - all or some. I see they're all well-regarded. FWIW, on Steam, Bastion has "overwhelmingly positive" user reviews (like Hades) and Transistor/Pyre have "very positive".

Someone on a forum talking about SGG's called Transistor a "peak Christian game". Can anyone provide insight into that comment? FYSA, I am neither attracted to nor turned off by that description; rather, I'm simply curious to its use.

With all the talk on Hades, anyone played other Supergiant Games....Transistor/Pyre/Bastion?

I'm thinking of giving them a go - all or some. I see they're all well-regarded. FWIW, on Steam, Bastion has "overwhelmingly positive" user reviews (like Hades) and Transistor/Pyre have "very positive".

Someone on a forum talking about SGG's called Transistor a "peak Christian game". Can anyone provide insight into that comment? FYSA, I am neither attracted to nor turned off by that description; rather, I'm simply curious to its use.
I loved Bastion. Didn't make it too far into Transistor, it didn't grab my interest as much. It seemed to get the most accolades though. I'll give it another shot some day. Need to pick up Hades.

I haven't played them yet but the Hades hype got me to buy them when they were on sale for like $1.99 each a little while back.

Started Cyberpunk on the PC the other night...didn't get too far past selecting my breast size and whether to have a vagina, penis or neither.
I made my weenie as big it could get and was a bit disappointed I was hoping it would be like 3 ft. Yes I know I’m not very mature

Kinda bummed out; I was looking forward to playing Cyberpunk in the post-Christmas week off but it sounds like my PS4 will have a very bad time with it. I guess I'll check out Ghost of Tsushima, but I was hoping for more of an immersive RPG time suck. Also considering Jedi Fallen Order or possibly caving in to Pokemon Sword/Shield for a bit of rpg itch-scratching.

It's very weird, but being on this side of my 30s and having a lot less time due to life priorities has made deciding what to play more difficult; I look at a new game and think 'will I really get $60 of time out of this? Will this be a good experience if I'm playing ~2-4 hours of it over the course of a week?' Again, part of why I was looking forward to Cyberpunk at the end of the year; that week is a good time for just sinking hours into messing around an in-game world.

Last edited:
Kinda bummed out; I was looking forward to playing Cyberpunk in the post-Christmas week off but it sounds like my PS4 will have a very bad time with it. I guess I'll check out Ghost of Tsushima, but I was hoping for more of an immersive RPG time suck. Also considering Jedi Fallen Order or possibly caving in to Pokemon Sword/Shield for a bit of rpg itch-scratching.

It's very weird, but being on this side of my 30s and having a lot less time due to life priorities has made deciding what to play more difficult; I look at a new game and think 'will I really get $60 of time out of this? Will this be a good experience if I'm playing ~2-4 hours of it over the course of a week?' Again, part of why I was looking forward to Cyberpunk at the end of the year; that week is a good time for just sinking hours into messing around an in-game world.
I think you'll enjoy Ghost of Tsushima, open world, character skill progression, side quests, it may scratch that itch for you a bit. Jedi Fallen Order is a lot more of an action game, much more on rails, it's fun, but 25 hours MAX.

If it weren't for COVID basically enforcing me to not have plans every night, I'm not sure how much I'd be playing Cyberpunk. Perhaps a bit on the weekends between doing things, weeknights would be a bust. But currently, my only scheduled activity outside of work is D&D once, maybe twice a month max. Every now and then I'll hang out after work and play a game of MtG or a board game with a coworker, but other than that I just go home and do nothing. I just wish Cyberpunk had come sooner in the pandemic.

Slowly, and I mean slooooowly getting through Mario Sunshine. I've currently got 63 shines and enough coins for 16-17 more. This game frustrates me to no end with it's jankiness, but I am determined to complete it. While I sympathize with the difficulty on most of the stuff that makes people rage, I think the Pachinko is blown way out of proportion. Yes, it did take a few tries, but it seemed pretty easy compared to some of the other rage points I've experienced so far.

Slowly, and I mean slooooowly getting through Mario Sunshine. I've currently got 63 shines and enough coins for 16-17 more. This game frustrates me to no end with it's jankiness, but I am determined to complete it. While I sympathize with the difficulty on most of the stuff that makes people rage, I think the Pachinko is blown way out of proportion. Yes, it did take a few tries, but it seemed pretty easy compared to some of the other rage points I've experienced so far.
I really didn't find it that difficult or janky, especially played right after 64. The trickiest stage for me was the lily pad in the poison river red coins. Never got the hang of steering boats. Pachinko was annoying but I usually felt it was my fault. The one where the guys throw you was also annoying to line up right.

What do you find frustrating?

Last edited:
The first game I ever asked for for christmas and one of my childhood favorites. It's been a 'growing up' experience realizing it kinda sucks (the gane design at least).

I have Fallen Jedi. It's a decent game with some great combat, but it's much too short for my liking. I don't put in crazy hours on my PlayStation, but even I had finished it within a few weeks. I even went back and hunted down all the extras, which I don't always do. I also think the ending was a bit poor really. I wont spoil it, but I was left with the feeling of 'what even was the point of all this'.

I'm like 1/3 into Ghosts, and it's BEAUTIFUL but it's also kind of generic and shallow. You see all it's tricks pretty quickly.

I really liked Jedi Fallen Order as a "Baby Dark Souls" experience.

Back