Everything Video Games!

Yeah, definitely looking kind of rough so far. Will be interesting to see how quickly they can patch this stuff.

I finally got lucky and snagged a PS5 after striking out at every drop so far, so I think I'll just wait for the proper PS5 version to get released at this point.
I had a ps5 is my cart and was checking out when it went out of stock. That's the closest I've gotten so far...

Yeah, definitely looking kind of rough so far. Will be interesting to see how quickly they can patch this stuff.

I finally got lucky and snagged a PS5 after striking out at every drop so far, so I think I'll just wait for the proper PS5 version to get released at this point.
I feel like every review I saw stated that they were jealous of those people who were going to play this game for the first time 6 months from now when most, if not all, of the bugs are gone and the quality of life improvements are made.

I feel like every review I saw stated that they were jealous of those people who were going to play this game for the first time 6 months from now when most, if not all, of the bugs are gone and the quality of life improvements are made.
Yeah that's my plan, I basically did the same thing with The Witcher but man this one looks WAY worse than I expected. Looks unplayable on base consoles and not much better on the Pro. I almost downloaded it last night because i was curious but when I saw all the bugs I just held off. This game needs to be immersive and right now it looks like a total mess. It looks like a third person game that's been zoomed in too close and now you can see all the "seams".

If you suffer from epilepsy, be careful with Cyberpunk. Current copies of the game do not have a trigger warning but caused a GI staff to enter a seizure.

If you suffer from epilepsy, be careful with Cyberpunk. Current copies of the game do not have a trigger warning but caused a GI staff to enter a seizure.
Yeah I saw this, brutal considering the in game mechanism they used is literally a copy of a real world machine who's actual job it is TO CAUSE SEIZURES.

Yeah I saw this, brutal considering the in game mechanism they used is literally a copy of a real world machine who's actual job it is TO CAUSE SEIZURES.
This was my thoughts as well. Apparently the newest PC version has a warning when you boot up now but Xbox One/PS4 copies still have nothing.

I had a ps5 is my cart and was checking out when it went out of stock. That's the closest I've gotten so far...
I feel your pain, have been in that same situation quite a few times. The worst was when I actually I got one through Gamestop a few weeks back and then my credit card declined the charge thinking it could be fraud. By the time I approved it and went back again it was obviously sold out. I finally got lucky this time from Playstation Direct. The nice part was that once I got through the queue the purchase was easy and very smooth unlike some of the retailers where you just mash "add to cart" for hours and hope for the best.

I feel your pain, have been in that same situation quite a few times. The worst was when I actually I got one through Gamestop a few weeks back and then my credit card declined the charge thinking it could be fraud. By the time I approved it and went back again it was obviously sold out. I finally got lucky this time from Playstation Direct. The nice part was that once I got through the queue the purchase was easy and very smooth unlike some of the retailers where you just mash "add to cart" for hours and hope for the best.
I do not understand why we don't have access to PlayStation Direct in Canada. It's so strange to me. That's absolutely where I would be buying it from if I had access.

I do not understand why we don't have access to PlayStation Direct in Canada. It's so strange to me. That's absolutely where I would be buying it from if I had access.
Oh wow yeah I had no idea! That definitely sucks, they've had the best setup as far as I can tell. Even though it does suck to never get through the queue most times, at least its way less stressful.

I preordered Cyberpunk on July 25, 2019 to get it while Amazon still had the discount on pre-orders for prime members. I still have the emails, but the order has completely disappeared from my account. Weird. Did this happen to anyone else?

My curiosity got the better of me. I know it's going to be a disaster but I just have to see how bad Cyberpunk is on the PsPro. I know it's gunna be bad, but I need to see it for myself before they patch it out. It's like a little slice of videogame history that will be gone once it's patched. I still do not plan on playing more than the first hour or so before I stop and wait for a ps5.

Wow, so yeah uh.. don't play Cyberpunk on a PsPro or anything below that. What an unholy disaster. HDR is straight up broken, doesn't work at all, my character just randomly won't walk when I push forward, I've seen numerous glitches, and most of the visuals are PS3 era. Deleting. I will check back in six months. Really cool design and I bet it's gunna be awesome, when it's actually finished... some time next year.

Last edited:

yikes, that PS4 footage is rough. I know that I was bad mouthing Stadia when they were fucking me over with the free promotion but now that's been sorted out and I have played Cyberpunk the last two nights I am quite impressed with the service and performance. Apparently Stadia is one of the best ways to play the game, besides high-end PC of course. The other true positive experience seems to be on an X-Box Series X. Apparently PS5 averages about one game ending crash per hour...not good.

yikes, that PS4 footage is rough. I know that I was bad mouthing Stadia when they were fucking me over with the free promotion but now that's been sorted out and I have played Cyberpunk the last two nights I am quite impressed with the service and performance. Apparently Stadia is one of the best ways to play the game, besides high-end PC of course. The other true positive experience seems to be on an X-Box Series X. Apparently PS5 averages about one game ending crash per hour...not good.
It looks like GTA3 on PS2 which was released about 20 years ago.

They really should have binned the launch for the old PS and XBox and concentrated on next gen. Delay the release by a year to iron out all the bugs.

Easier said than done when you've got the business people breathing down your neck for the release.

Back